Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 57

sure

sure photoshop, for the picture !

i mean directly on mt4 !

Technical Indicator Customization

Hi guys! Just want to know if you know someone who customizes technical indicator for the MT4? I made a technical indicator that i wish to use for my trading but I don't know how to make one for the MT4. Tia....

i'm sure there are lots of people on this forum who can help you with this

Chart problems with MT4

Hello,

Could someone please help me fix this problem with MT4?

When I open a daily chart like DAX for example, you can see on the right that the scale changes. This happens only with daily, it works fime on smaller timeframes. Any explanation?

This happens with Eurex products, i don't know why.

I attach the chart.

Thank you very much.

McDuck

Files:
dax_daily.jpg  120 kb

Spread adjustement for weekends backtests

Can anyone advise how to set the spread (and with what editor) as I have

huge spread on weekend with the variable spread broker I am with.

I tried to look at the "symbols.sel" and FXT files - but they are binaries.

Thanks!!

No if the chart is not open the data is not down loaded. Whats worse is if you dont open a chart for some time. It will have a hole in the data as well.

What I did was created profiles for each time period and open each one twice a week to refress all the charts by time frams. One can also create a profile for each currency instead and refress the data that way as well.

These profiles are used for nothing but updating the data.

Keit

Programming EA starter

Hi

Could anyone tell me where I could find some very simple EA scripts ?

I am trying to learn how to program and Im not getting on to well with the tutorials as Ive never programmed before at all.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

thanks

Mick

Hi Mick

Not sure which tutorials you've tried but the one in my signature is specifically aimed at people like yourself with no programming experience.

There's also a few online EA generators but I wouldn't use them personally.

Good luck

Lux

Please Answer re Bid Offer, Limits

what is represented on the charts i.e., is the o,h,l, close represented by the last trade or the bid or ask?

does metatrader have the provision within scripts to account for reality when accounting for an execution by a limit order i.e., if I want to buy at 115.20, the market should go thru 115.20 by at least the bid-offer spread of e.g., 4 pips, and therefore I would be guaranteed an execution at 115.20, if the market went as low as 115.14. Can Metatrader EA's be programmed to recognize that reality? Are all the EA's out there not accounting for this fact, and therefore hypothetical will never come close to actual?

Liz

lizmerrill:
what is represented on the charts i.e., is the o,h,l, close represented by the last trade or the bid or ask?

does metatrader have the provision within scripts to account for reality when accounting for an execution by a limit order i.e., if I want to buy at 115.20, the market should go thru 115.20 by at least the bid-offer spread of e.g., 4 pips, and therefore I would be guaranteed an execution at 115.20, if the market went as low as 115.14. Can Metatrader EA's be programmed to recognize that reality? Are all the EA's out there not accounting for this fact, and therefore hypothetical will never come close to actual?

Liz

Charts are bid prices.

All backtests have to incorporate the spread on buys and covers,or your just kidding yourself with the results.

You just have to program the EA to recognize when the spread is needed.

Reason: