Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 62

How many colors can I use in separate window

Hello mq4 gurus

I m trying to write an indicator showing 5 rows in one separate window. I used two colors for one indicator. When I use more than 8 colors, it means more than 3 indicators, showing no compile error, but I can see only 3 rows and others are missing. Is this a limitation????

#property indicator_separate_window

#property indicator_buffers 8

#property indicator_color1 Green

#property indicator_color2 Red

#property indicator_color3 Green

#property indicator_color4 Red

#property indicator_color5 Green

#property indicator_color6 Red

#property indicator_color7 Black

#property indicator_color8 Black

If I add color 9, 10 ,.... it never works.

As shown in attached image, I use two windows to show 5 rows of indicators. Actually I want to use in only one window. If some buddy knows how to write this please help me.

millions thanks

mithetnme

Files:

mithetnme

Metarader 4 allows maximum 8 drawing buffers - and since metatrader does not allow dynamic color change of an indicator, it means 8 colors if you are using buffers. Other solution is to use objects, but it makes the indicator values un-accessible from some other mql code

MT4 icon

Metatrader 4, shows a specific icon and an account number on a tab in the "task bar"

how do we change that icon.

thank you in advance

mladen:
mithetnme Metarader 4 allows maximum 8 drawing buffers - and since metatrader does not allow dynamic color change of an indicator, it means 8 colors if you are using buffers. Other solution is to use objects, but it makes the indicator values un-accessible from some other mql code

I really thanks for your help. Now I will use 2 windows.

Thanks again

mithetnme

fix unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

Hello, does anyone know what causes and how to fix this error with an indicator that keeps filling the logs?

unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

Thanks

Stoploss and Slippage

Hello,

I use my original EA on FXDD.

Then I had a trouble my order.

I setted up S/L on my long positions, but close order completed at the price 1 pip lower than S/L.

Before and after my closing order timing for a few second, above closing price was most lowest price.

FXDD support said that if the order has S/L price, but the order was not assured at the S/L price closing, so 1 pip slippage could be happened.

Is there true?

I want to know that I didn't know stoploss trading defintion on general FX rules, or only on FXDD trading definition, or illegal trading definition on general FX rules.

Please help this trouble point.

Thank you

Need help with trendlines visualisation

Hi,

when you draw trendline in mt4 by default you have in Visualisation tab - draw on all the timeframes. Can someone write such indicator/feature that whenever you draw on a specific timeframe in visualisation tab you have marked only this timeframe and lowers. It would realy help when changing timeframes when trading supp/resistance with MTF.

MT4 Sut down ?

Hello.

When i shut down the mt4 Platform,is then the EA Active ? because i cant have my pc 24h running.

Thx

is this possible?

is there a way or possibility to import an existing picture,jpeg,gif, etc. into a chart(metatrader,TS,etc.......) and annotate it?

thanks

Help!!!

Hi all, first off let me appollogize for such a newbie question and the hand holding that I may need in the near future.

I just finished the first ValeoFx thread and I am interested in trying the method. However here is my dilemma. I don't know how to download the template or how to adjust the setting within the template.

Im starting from scratch and have no knowledge of MT4 interworkings and only slightly more 4x knowledge. So if anyone can direct me to where I could learn how to set my charts up, I would be very grateful.

Reason: