Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 28

price as foreground /background

picture - how-to:

Heiken Ashi candles set as background and the pricebar as foreground

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177181/page54

Metatrader Demo Alternative

Is there an alternative to metatrader in order for me to attach an EA as I already have a metatrader demo account but need a facility for a second to utilise another EA which I would prefer to keep seperate

Codger:
Is there an alternative to metatrader in order for me to attach an EA as I already have a metatrader demo account but need a facility for a second to utilise another EA which I would prefer to keep seperate

You could install MT several times and open it all together without problem.

Help

Hi, I'm new to this site, and i have 3 very pressing questions and i need your help.

1. Can somebody please tell me what the Expert Advisors on the MT4 is all about and how it can be used.

2. I have seen the MT4 compiler, but i need a material that will help me to be able to use it to automate my trading patterns where can i download such a material in pdf format.

3. How can I back test my trading strategy using the MT4 platform and how is the strategy tester.

4. I really want to take advantage of the High impact news release in the News Calendar, but i do not know how to place my orders in the 1minute chart.

I will be grateful if i can get helpful information on these questions, thanks.

Linuxser:
Yes, but maybe you're without the needed free memory, swap, cpu power, too many indies on every chart. Too many reasons and too many answers. I mean, it could be MT only or a joint or reasons. You could start by check how much memory and how much cpu usage is eating the MT and all those charts.

While switching through charts it uses about 50kb of memory (I have 2gb available) and between 9 and 13% of CPU. I have bollinger bands, one moving average and a price action indicator on each chart. I've defragged and checked for any viruses and spyware.

Thanks again for any help

libertao:
While switching through charts it uses about 50kb of memory (I have 2gb available) and between 9 and 13% of CPU. I have bollinger bands, one moving average and a price action indicator on each chart. I've defragged and checked for any viruses and spyware. Thanks again for any help

We need to continue here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178464

Post there some screens of your task manager.

I have 2 ea runing on 4 charts...

I have 2 ea runing on 4 charts, so how can I control the 2 ea with script?

This is an interesting way to have several MT installed Program Folder of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal - MQL4 Articles

Modifying an Open trade??

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to modify the Stoploss and/or the TakeProfit values for an open trade.

Does the OrderModify statement permit this and are there any restrictions?

I have used the OrderModify to change the TrailingStop value, but is there more that I can do?

Thanks.

Resalin

Reason: