Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 67

How to do this with my EA?

First off, I am totally new to coding MT4 expert advisors. So please bear with me. I have figured out how to get all the "conditions" I want to enter a trade, however I am a little stumped at configuring SLs and TPs.

Basically I want the SL and TP of each trade to be determined by a certain Fibonacci level from the previous candle. I'm sure this would involve coding a Fibo indicator into the EA. I have found a few auto-fib indicators but have no idea how to implement them into my EA. In addition, if the ATR is higher than what the Fibo-calculated TP would be, then the ATR value supersedes it and becomes the TP. That is all I am having trouble figuring out.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hello, Who can explain me why come brokers use different time on there server for summer and winter?

It is based on the countries where this broker or their servers are located.

Country based.

Olotojo:
point and pips are the same or not. what is the difference.

Both are a unit of measurement....

Points are used in equities (stocks) as pips are used in forex (eur/usd)

JohnyFXTrader:
Hello, Who can explain me why come brokers use different time on there server for summer and winter?

Daylight savings?.....spring forward, fall back

create new profile without overwriting old one

How do I clear the chart screen without affecting the currrent profile?

When i have a current profile on the chart screen and want to clear it to create a new profile it appears that the changes I make are saved on the current profile.

How do I clear the current profile and chart so I can start to add a new chart and create another profile?

I can't seem to clear the screen of the old charts without messy the current profile.

Education is Key

Yes, the thread is very useful. As far as I see the main point is training and self-education. You will be able to do nothing without them (Learn Forex Trading).

Applying templates to all charts

Hi folks!

Is there a way to apply a template to all charts without having to open each chart individually? If it matters, I'm just trying to adjust settings for my EA.

Thanks for reading!

Does this happen often

I did some reasearch and found the answer to my question...

Files:

MT4 Historical Trades

Does anyone know how to see historical trades on a chart with MT4?

Open the list of closed orders and drag the one you wish to see on chart

Repeat for any order you wish to see, and you will get something like this
ITtrader:
Does anyone know how to see historical trades on a chart with MT4?
Files:
trades.gif  24 kb
Reason: