Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 58

Scottish Mike:
Hi

Could anyone tell me where I could find some very simple EA scripts ?

I am trying to learn how to program and Im not getting on to well with the tutorials as Ive never programmed before at all.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

thanks

Mick

Look at this thread rom the first post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Bid & Ask Meaning

Hi,

a simple question,

what does Bid and what does Ask stands for compared with Buy and Sell? I mean what is what? (eg. Bid=Buy?) etc. Is it just another name?

thanks

Athan

Bid Ask

You buy at the Ask price and sell at the Bid price.

Andre

H4 chart problem

Hi,

I have a strange data-related problem on an H4 chart (FXCM demo platform)

When I display the EURUSD pair on any timeframe other than H4, it works correctly, showing the chart up to the current minute / hour / whatever.

But when I select the H4 timeframe for this pair, it only shows bars up to May 24. The H4 charts on other pairs display correctly, so it's specific to the H4 timeframe on the EU pair.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TC

Hi toughcookie,

Go to Tools (menu in Metatrader) and then - History Center:

And click on the pair you are trading, double mouse click on every timeframe (in this way - you are downloading the data directly from your broker's server; do not click on 'Download' - it is not your broker's data as it is some averaging metaquotes data).

Repeat it just to be sure that it is downloaded.

You can see and check it:

After that - open EURUSD (if you are trading this pair) and H4 timeframe (if you are trading H4 timeframe for this pair), right mouse click on the chart and select 'Refresh'.

And you can see when the data (which you downloaded from the broker's server) are loaded to the chart:

Repeat it with every timeframe and pair you are trading.

It is the universal instruction about how to prepeare Metatrader for trading.

Files:
1_0906_1.jpg  159 kb
1_0906_2.jpg  145 kb
1_0906_3.jpg  134 kb

I missed some step sorry.

Before "right mouse click on the chart" - go to Tools - Options - Chart and set the possible max value for the bars to be visible on the chart as the history, and for data to be downloaded:

Metatrader will set it to max possible:

After that - yes - click.

And it may be good to repeat this procedure every time when your Metatrader is disconnected for many hours.

Files:
1_0906_4.jpg  82 kb
1_0906_5.jpg  30 kb

As moderators are moving the posts without informing the member (with 1 day redirection) so it may be good information to know "where is my post" for example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178546

and especially

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179798

H4 chart problem ... still there

Hi newdigital,

Thanks, I tried what you suggested, but it didn't help. When I double click on each timeframe in the History, I can see the top entry of the price data is timestamped for the latest bar. But when I double click on H4 for EURUSD the top entry is always timestamped as May 24 at 04:00. All the other pairs I've tried work correctly, and all other timeframes on EU are also OK, so there's something very specific about this particular pair/timeframe combination.

Maybe I'll have to re-install and see if that clears it.

TC

Difficult questions about expert advisors

Hi friends!

I wounder how to test whether different EA could work on same platform and account.Also i would like to understand why some EA smiles but did not work - no trade.And last question what is the difference between visual mode and no visual mode in strategy tester,which one is more precious .I hope somebody to have good answers.

I wounder how to test whether different EA could work on same platform and account

By Just running it

Also i would like to understand why some EA smiles but did not work - no trade

It can be many reasons from 4-5 digit issues to Stoploss/Takeprofit issues

And last question what is the difference between visual mode and no visual mode in strategy tester,which one is more precious .I hope somebody to have good answers

Visual Mode lets you see the testing on the chart - no visual mode does the testing in background there are no differences in preciseness

Reason: