Elite indicators :) - page 613

then how will the indy know to use the chart time??

Not working. any other ideas??

ray

mladen:
:)

I think that this is enough in that line :

default : MaSlow = RenkoSlow; MaFast = RenkoFast;

traderduke:
then how will the indy know to use the chart time??

Not working. any other ideas??

ray

Ray

It sets the timeFrame variable in the stringToTimeFrame() function and when it does not find any of the standard time frames it sets it to chart time frame.

The line that start with default : means that if none of the listed time frames (usually acase with renko) is found then MaSlow should be equal to RenkoSlow and MaFast should be equal to Renko fast

Check it. Simply add a line that will write the values of MaSlow,MaFast and time frame after that block of code and you will see what values do they have. Here is how it looks like on my chart with that line written like that (EURUSD chart, defult parameters and I am runing renko on EURUSD)

Do not forget that it is a multi symbol indicator and that you have to have all the included symbols made as renko with the same "false time frame" otherwise it will not find appropriate symbols and time frame (so you have to have EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF and/or USDJPY as renko offline chart with the same "false" time frame if you want to use those in calculation

Files:
renko.gif  74 kb

mladen, a 4 TimeFrame version of the Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.02

mladen:
David

Here you go

Conritions coded exactly as you described it (you will find the description of conditions in the code). To activate the "new conditions" set the NewSignalsparameter to true

mladen,

I want to thank you so very much for your current creation of the newest version of the Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.02 indicator. I believe this is the culmination of all of your prior ABSA indicators with limitless positive attributes.

1.) Would it be possible for you to take this 2.02 indicator to a whole new level and create the new 4TF (4 TimeFrame) exact version of this non interpolated indicator with the exact same 4 conditions as in the original 2.02 indicator?

This new 4 TF version

- only shows the dots /squares of 4 Time Frames (current time frame and 3 higher time frames) and

- would have NO original non interpolated lines and NO signal lines, only rows of 4 dots and

- would be the same colors as in the original indicator: LimeGreen, Red, Green, and FireBrick.

2.) Then could you please also add the usual alerts to this new 4 TF version of this indicator where:

- A buy alert is signaled by the 1st row of all 4 lime green dots after a prior setup of at least 1 red or firebrick dot on any of the 3 higher time frames.

- A sell alert is signaled by the 1st row of all 4 red dots after a prior setup of at least 1 lime green or green dot on any of the 3 higher time frames.

3.) I think you know where I’m going with this.

I hope there are no buffer or arrays conflicts here.

Thank you one more time for all of your tolerance, patience and tremendous invaluable assistance in this continuing ABSA saga.

traderdp

David

David,

If 4 colors are to be used, only 2 time frames can be displayed from one indicator (due to metatrader 8 drawing buffer limitation and a drawing buffer in metatrader 4 can have only one color)

mladen:
David, If 4 colors are to be used, only 2 time frames can be displayed from one indicator (due to metatrader 8 drawing buffer limitation and a drawing buffer in metatrader 4 can have only one color)

mladen,

Thank you for this important info. Can we create a 2 TF version but then be able to pick which 2 TF I use even if neither is the current TF?

Then if yes, if I put 2 indicators on my screen to then cover all 4 TF, then can we also create a separate indicator for alerts that covers both of the indicators to cover all 4 TF ?

If not, is there another way to get the alert part of this created, since that is the essence of what I am creating?

Thank you so much.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you for this important info. Can we create a 2 TF version but then be able to pick which 2 TF I use even if neither is the current TF?

Then if yes, if I put 2 indicators on my screen to then cover all 4 TF, then can we also create a separate indicator for alerts that covers both of the indicators to cover all 4 TF ?

If not, is there another way to get the alert part of this created, since that is the essence of what I am creating?

Thank you so much.

traderdp

David

David

Yes it can be done that way (regardless of the time frame you are going to use)

mladen:
David Yes it can be done that way (regardless of the time frame you are going to use)

mladen,

Then please let's do it !!

I can't wait !!

You are absolutely awesome !!

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Then please let's do it !!

I can't wait !!

You are absolutely awesome !!

traderdp

David

mladen,

Is there any other info that you need? I hope my post about 4TF ABSA 2.02 was clear about what/how I was trying to do. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks so much for all your help with this.

Traderdp

David

David

No need for additional information

Rewriting the indicator to free buffers for drawing and as soon it is made as a function, then it will be ready for a final 2 time frame version

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you so much.

traderdp

David

David

Here is the indicator. It displays 2 time frames but we forgot that those dots have actually 5 states : they have a state when nothing is displayed. Could not solve to make it as internal indicator so the indicator has to have the "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" in the indicators folder too. As you can see it is showing that 5th state too

Reason: