Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 83

Dear MLADEN,

I found out that when using a multiple core CPU (dual core, quad core, ..) Windows 'Dispatcher' (or 'Scheduler') distributes the load among the available cores.

My guess is that using multiple threads is beneficial for speed, since this is 'easy' for the dispatcher to assign different threads to different CPU cores. In case of running a Large Program like MT4, having a multiple core CPU probably does not help much, since the entire program (loop) will run in a single core...

How can I do something to overrule the Dispatcher to make MT4 program run as fast as possible?

Any experience with this?

yours truly

AZRUL...

ps... I am using Windows 7 Home

would this HELP

C# syntax

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", CharSet=CharSet.Auto, SetLastError=true)]

public static extern IntPtr SetThreadAffinityMask(SafeThreadHandle handle, HandleRef mask);

12BPRO:
Dear MLADEN,

I found out that when using a multiple core CPU (dual core, quad core, ..) Windows 'Dispatcher' (or 'Scheduler') distributes the load among the available cores.

My guess is that using multiple threads is beneficial for speed, since this is 'easy' for the dispatcher to assign different threads to different CPU cores. In case of running a Large Program like MT4, having a multiple core CPU probably does not help much, since the entire program (loop) will run in a single core...

How can I do something to overrule the Dispatcher to make MT4 program run as fast as possible?

Any experience with this?

yours truly

AZRUL...

ps... I am using Windows 7 Home

would this HELP

C# syntax

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", CharSet=CharSet.Auto, SetLastError=true)]

public static extern IntPtr SetThreadAffinityMask(SafeThreadHandle handle, HandleRef mask);

AZRUL

You can not do anything regarding metatrader 4. You would need to change the metatrader 4 itself, and you can not do that

mladen:
AZRUL You can not do anything regarding metatrader 4. You would need to change the metatrader 4 itself, and you can not do that

Dear SIR MLADEN,

You have made it clear the first time...#823... I was NOT suggesting to change MT4 main programing but pointing to how windows redistribute/allocate each open program to these cores/cpu...

SORRY for the misunderstood....

yours truly

AZRUL...

Dear SIR MLADEN,

Apart from setting the max bar in chart to 5000, what else could I do to reduce my Memory usage...

If I reduce bars in History to the same level (5000) would it help in reducing my Memory Usage....

Thank for your advice....

yours truly

AZRUL....

Files:
capture_2.jpg  44 kb

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

Apart from setting the max bar in chart to 5000, what else could I do to reduce my Memory usage...

If I reduce bars in History to the same level (5000) would it help in reducing my Memory Usage....

Thank for your advice....

yours truly

AZRUL....

AZRUL

1. Lessen the number of charts that you are using

2. Check if some of the indicators you are using is not a cause for a slowdown.

3. No - making max bars in history smaller would not change anything as far as CPU load is concerned

My testing time from the metatrader demo is expired and now I had to "Open an Account".

But in my new account, my old settings are lost.

And so I go to my datei folder and one step back

C:\Users\NB\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB54E4572D35E943C96F27D2608296AC

in the Terminal folder I see my other account with the other discription.

How can I put my old settings into my new account?

sunshineh:
My testing time from the metatrader demo is expired and now I had to "Open an Account".

But in my new account, my old settings are lost.

And so I go to my datei folder and one step back

C:\Users\NB\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB54E4572D35E943C96F27D2608296AC

in the Terminal folder I see my other account with the other discription.

How can I put my old settings into my new account?

Copy all the files to the old folder to C:\Users\NB\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB54E4572D35E943C96F27D2608296AC

Dear Codes GURU,

I would like to know, let say that currently I open a chart GBPUSD, and load an EA on that particular chart...

would this EA be able to open and closed another currency pair e.g EURJPY

Your expertise and advise is highly appreciated....

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear Codes GURU,

I would like to know, let say that currently I open a chart GBPUSD, and load an EA on that particular chart...

would this EA be able to open and closed another currency pair e.g EURJPY

Your expertise and advise is highly appreciated....

yours truly

AZRUL...

Yes

All you have to do is specify the symbols for which you want to manage orders. For example

OrderSend("EURJPY",.......);

to open an order on EURJPY

mladen:
Yes

All you have to do is specify the symbols for which you want to manage orders. For example

OrderSend("EURJPY",.......);

to open an order on EURJPY

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I am very glad to here this....

Now I could start up a new Project(Coding) on the EA...

Thank you SIR for your time and respond... You are always HELPFUL...

yours truly

AZRUL...

Reason: