Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 66

Hi,

well my post has been moved to THIS THREAD, and its like no programmer ever will see it in here.

newdigital:
Yes, I understand the idea. It should be simple but I did not find too.

It was not a post. It was the thrtead. So, what is why I moved.

You can repeat your request on some other thread in programming section (make a post, not a thread; otherwise I will move it once again).

I remember - it was EA with pending orders moved together with price .... may be - similar? Just 2 members are enthusiasting here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180798 so go to their thread - as I understand - if they were able to create EA with pending orders price moved together with the market price by lines so your request will be understandable for them.

----------------

Try to find right people to place in right time for right people

Zoom ratio

Is it a chance to set diffrent zoom ratio then orginal MT4?

I mean when i zoom in the candles are too big so i cant see a much, but when i zoom out i see a lot but a candles are really small.

Is it any indicator or something to set a diffrent Zoom ??

Where are files saved?

Dear all,

I'm still new into MT4 and some help would be very appreciated. I would like to know where can I find all my price bars data. I want to copy/export my 1M and 5M data from my current MT4 platform to another one, but I don't know where these files are hidden. Could someone please help?

Thank you very much in advance.

how do you enter buy/sell Stop Limit in MT4?

how do you enter buy/sell Stop Limit in MT4?

Let's say if price goes above 1.0010, place buy limit at 1.0000,

Normally you must buy at 1.0010 immediately using Buy stop.

Has anyone tried to accomplish this?

there are 4 options on Limit Order in MT4

citibank and some other broker provide easier LO platform--price only for LO, but we usually trade with MT4 ; there are few sites that explain long limit, short stop etc with the MT4 4 options, you can use search engine and find out how to use it -- but you have to take those loss too if you enter in future price (as when you think you can guess the U-turn point, usually we can't, so most of us watch the market)

Naked Alarm Clock - Free Web-based Flash Alarm Clock for Everyone << this could be helpful if you got a price in mind and wanna to see whether your price is reached after nap

sometimes the price move too fast, and the stop limit order is what it is for in those cases. Alarm will take some time for me to react.

thx for idea.

Calculation of profits....doesn't add up..

Hi,

Ok. This might be a stupid question but I'm a little confused on how the earning per pip are calulated. I know, sounds straight forward, right?

I've been trading with a practice account on Oanda for the last 4 weeks. I'm trying to work out my strategy so I can take home a certain amount each day, but my calculations aren't matching that of Oanda.

Here's the scenario

I'm operating an account with 50:1 leverage

Opening balance it AUD$10,000 (500,000 with leverage)

I make a Buy of 250,000 AUDJPY units at 82.65

I make a Sell of 250,000 AUDJPY units at 82.674

That's growth of 0.024 (or 2.4 pips)

250,000 x 82.65 = 20662500

250,000 x 82.674 = 20668500

profit = 6000

converting the 6000 profit from the 50:1 gives me $120.

Yet Oanda calculate the profit at AUD$72.8341 (after adding .2801 interest)

How can that be? What am I missing? Is it a leverage calculation? Is there a conversion back into Australian dollars that's causing the difference?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

i want to know is there difference between poin and pips

point and pips are the same or not. what is the difference.

Where is MT4 drawing tools / indicator settings stored?

Hello,

I am about to do a new Windows install and are wondering if someone could tell me where the settings for drawing tools and indicators are stored?

I am thinking of for example color settings and added numbers for Fibonacci tools.

Thanks,

Laurus

Reason: