ZigZag EA

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has seen an uncompiled ea that swing trades using the ZigZag custom indicator?

I am aware that this indicator looks backward and used alone would not be sufficient in itself. I am having difficulty capturing a single value that corresponds to each graphic pointer drawn on a chart. I would like the calculation to depend on the open price if possible, since it never changes.

Thanks!

SeeCube:
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has seen an uncompiled ea that swing trades using the ZigZag custom indicator?

I am aware that this indicator looks backward and used alone would not be sufficient in itself. I am having difficulty capturing a single value that corresponds to each graphic pointer drawn on a chart. I would like the calculation to depend on the open price if possible, since it never changes.

Thanks!

We have a lot about zigzag in our forum (it is enough for the section even).

- EAs, indicators, explanation https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page50

- GoldWarrior EA (Zigzag Trading System) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173145

ZigZag EA

Thank you newdigital. I will give it a try!

ZigZag trader version 2 (expert advisor) zigandzag_trade_v2.mq4

Files:

Hi All,

I need urgent help. I want to use the standard Zigzag indicator and convert it to a EA that uses a multiplier. Can anyone out there assist me please.

1. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
              Don't flag your question as “ Urgent ” , even if it is for you.
              need HEEEELP, please, it's URGENT... really ! - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.01.11
               Lack of Planning

2. Don't try to do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

3. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
              Prune pointless queries.

Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. You have only four choices:

1. Search for it. Do you expect us to do your research for you?

2. Beg at:

3. MT4: Learn to code it.
      MT5: Begin learning to code it.
      If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

4. or pay (Freelance) someone to code it.
                Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.08.21

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help 2017.04.21

tororosie:

Hi All,

I need urgent help. I want to use the standard Zigzag indicator and convert it to a EA that uses a multiplier. Can anyone out there assist me please.

----------------

Everything about zigzag
  1. Zigzag indicators thread
  2. GoldWarrior EA (Zigzag Trading System) thread
  3. ZigZag Channels thread
  4. Channel trading system with zigzag - the thread
  5. Follow The Bouncing Pip: trading system with zigzag indicators and good EAs (for example - bouncingPipEA_BigBear EA and bouncingPipEA_mPower EA).
  6. Zigzag Scalping system thread
  7. Harmonic Trading thread with ZUP indicators 
  8. 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor (indicator and trading system) - the thread 
  9. The power of ZigZag (part I). Developing the base class of the indicator - the article
Reason: