Brainwashing. Trades: manually and using EAs - page 4

T3 TRIX Cross = Take profit?

Good exit in some cases ... others ... very late.

iTrend 'flat levels' seems good to avoid entries.

Main question:

If entry signal appears in bar 'X' (e.g: 20).

And iTrend confirms in bar 'X+10' (e.g: 30), should we do the trade?

Best regards

Files:
exit_t3.jpg  59 kb

I hope so. I think it is the only exit that we need (profit or without profit - irrespective of).

Problem was the following:

we have enter signal late (because of PriceChannel_Stop_v1 indicator). And not in the beginning of the trend even. Sometimes in the middle . And in this case we need to filter the signals because we do not need all of those signals (even the good signals). Just some signals which may be profitable in our case. And in this case the good exit was very improtant. This T3 TRIX Cross will give us the good exit. Almoust always in profit (if we filter the signals by iTrend).

Anyway it is more profitable than exit on the PriceChannel_Stop_v1 indicator.

Because exit on PriceChannel_Stop_v1 indicator is stop loss in the case of some news or something. We will always have exit on T3 TRIX because this exit is coming the first.

If we want to increase the profitability we will increase the coefficients (from 0.0017 for gbpusd M15 to 0.0020 for example). In this case we will trade just once per day on this pair but in profit. If we reduce the value of coefficients we will trade very often and sometimes in minus. But we will always exit on T3 TRIX indicator but in this case it will be more smaller minus).

If entry signal appears in bar 'X' (e.g: 20) iTrend should confirms in bar 'X' or 'X+1'. It should be confirmed in the same bar X or X +1. Not plus 10.

I understand your idea about confirmation on bar 10 for example. But it is an other idea and it should be an other system. Completely an other system.

But I estimated everything using X or at least X + 1 to receive at least some small part of the trend.

All the rules which I posted above were for X or X + 1 confirmation only. In this case looking for your image we may trade and finish soon having small profit. From the image I do not understand iTrend indicator. Is it m5? In some case the good trend will not be confirmed by iTrend indicator and we will not trade.

I may say more: using iTrend indicator we will filter the very good signals as well. We do not have any choice. We can not have all the money from the forex. Just some.

It is very easy for the people to post the request: "help with creation of EA using this indicator". It was a request. Without anything. We do not have any choice. Because of that I was thinking about good profitable EA having some small profit with minimum risk.

Today I have for about 4 signals ... not all of them profitable (with 0.002 level for gbp m15).

Files:
gbp15today.jpg  147 kb

This morning was very good: it was 4 signal at 8 am GMT, profitable but then my internet provider switched my ADSL line off (to repair something) for 1 or 2 hours. It was whole city without internet.

And I started to study Ishimoku.

So, I had to start once again tomorrow.

But for H1 still no trades. Nothing.

Hello, how goes current test?

sky_forex:
Hi All,

My statement of the Brainwashing v0.1

I put this parameters:

Lots = 1;

StopLoss = 5;

TakeProfit = 100;

useProfitTrailing = True;

TrailingStop = 30;

TrailingStep = 10;

Slippage = 3;

(Ticket 1806295 closed manual)

CalcBackBars = 1;

Cheers

Please find the results of manual testing the Brainwashing idea (see several posts above) for m15 and H1 from yesterday morning.

For H1 all two orders was closed manually before the T3 TRIX signal .

I may say that I am still thinking up to now and iTrend may filter the signals and orders may be closed on T3 TRIX crossing. It works.

All the orders were closed in profit

Files:

Brainwashing 1b testing

I am testing Brainwashing 1b EA with the default settings except:

- OnlyEnterOnFullBars true;

- Only ExitOnFullBars false;

- useCloseTradeRules false.

This EA is having a big potential.

But see an image. The EA open the sell on eur. If we have iTrend as a filter this EA should not open this order. I attached the statement. It was minus 17 p because of that.

We need to use the filter.

It may be iTrend or an other one.

Files:

I make some tests whit Brainwashing 1b EA. I used same settings as newdigital.

In usd/jpy chart whay didn't open SHORT order when receive signall?

Files:
untitled-1.jpg  348 kb

twinsen:
I make some tests whit Brainwashing 1b EA. I used same settings as newdigital. In usd/jpy chart whay didn't open SHORT order when receive signall?

Sorry twinsen,

I did not see any errors from your image. If you have the same setting with me so you have the following:

OnlyEnterOnFullBars true;

It means this EA will open the sell order on jpy on the full bar only.

For example you see the sell signal (big red dot). This red dot will appear right now. Current bar is 0 bar. Previous bar is first bar ("back to the future". .)

If OnlyEnterOnFullBars is true so this EA will open the order when the signal will be on the first bar (one bar ago).

If you change the settings OnlyEnterOnFullBars from true to false this EA will open the order immediately after the signal (dots) will be appeared.

Why we are using the OnlyEnterOnFullBars true? Because the signals are disappeared. Yes it is true. And not in this system only. Everywhere in signal systems. Just imagine that EA opens the sell on 0 bar and this signal was transformed on to buy on the next (1) bar!

Sorry I do not see any error or mistake.

Reason: