Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 53

MiniMi,

I should have mentioned that it's just the first day/time that I tried this fab EA. Very soon i had 2 profitable trades and one that EA started a bit late.

I am just trying to understand how it works and, sure with some practice, I will know how to run it, what is allowed and what is not - there are so many options and variables in it !

I used to be a programmer so can def say that it is written very professionally and will donate the minute i have some profits with it. I agree with you that the more filters we have the less chance that it will start a trade, so it's the matter of finding the right filters.

One question: I closed one trade manually and EA immediately opened another position, is it a coincidence or that is how it should be?

euro

Questions

european:
I looked at the code of EAs - nice job, MrPip!

2 questions please:

1. have you considered or use Flat Trend w MACD (KusKus setup) in v2.4. It seems filters nicely StepMa_Stoch signals as well.

2. If the major trend and BB_Stops is UP, EA seems still opens LONG trades when price is going temp. down and in retracement - is there any setting in EA to avoid it?

Thanks

euro

Euro,

In answer to you questions.

1. FlatTrend was tried as was GMACD and DigiStoch. They did not help to filter bad trades that much. I even tried MA_Angle with the 4 standard MAs as well as HMA, LSMA, Ehlers iTrend and nonLag as MA types. I looked at other filter ideas that were never posted because they did not help either.

DamianiVolatmeter worked as the best filter so far.

StepMA_Stoch is used in the indicator Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03.

2. The trend is no longer used as an entry rule unless you turn on the switch for useTrendEntry. Backtest results showed that trading with the major trend as defined on the 1 hr and 4 hr charts did not help.

As for trades placed on retrace, the only thing tried so far is the useCandle rule that checks to see if the current candle is moving in the direction of the other signals. This helped a little but we still get some trades in what look to be the wrong direction. There are trades like this in the backtest results that eventually turned around and made profit. That is the reason for the large stop loss. Of course, there are also trades that ended up a loss.

I do not believe it will be possible to avoid all losses. But if we keep them to a minimum then we have a profitable EA.

Robert

Thanks for the reply Mr. Pip. I let it run all night and it has opened many trades so it is working properly. Up five percent already. Great job!!!

Many thanks for the explanation, MrPip.

The only other 2 good filters (for manual trading) are XO and CCI Filter Duo that I used.

I will try to analyse my losses...

Does EA close positions by 'OrderClose', TP/SL or Trailing Stop by default?

cheers

euro

How EAs exit trades

european:
Many thanks for the explanation, MrPip.

The only other 2 good filters (for manual trading) are XO and CCI Filter Duo that I used.

I will try to analyse my losses...

Does EA close positions by 'OrderClose', TP/SL or Trailing Stop by default?

cheers

euro

I am in the process of testing XO as a filter but am very busy with other EAs. I have tried CCI and it did not help. I use to trade CCI method and got tired of the false signals from ZLR becoming a SHAMU and HFE becoming a bigger HFE. The only method that was consistant was TLB.

For version 1.8 exits are from Fisher changing to an opposite signal, SL or TP. At this time Trailing Stop is not used for either version. I am not aware of anyone testing the trailing stop functions. I tested a few on backtest and it did not help in the long run.

Version 2.4 exits on SL, TP or when the HMA3 trend changes with Fisher having an opposite signal. On longer runs the TP is usually hit first. That might be why another trade is often open that might be a loss, especially at the end of the run. I tried setting TP to 0 and it did not do as well even though some of the wins were over 200 pips. Had to do with some trades that hit take profit on a spike, then reversed for either a loss or much less profit.

Robert

Today's summary

So, my second test day I've switched on back trading hours, and set Trade NY off.

My broker time is GMT+1, so I corrected the trading times of EA by substracting 1.

The day was nor good or bad. The result profit/loss is close to zero.

Alltogether there were 4 transactions opened all during EU session. 3 are still active. So I understand that setting not trading on NY concers only opening of position.

What are your results of the day?

What do you recomend to do with open transactions when NY starts? Do you close them manually or you let it go?

Regards,

JAK

q_jak:
So, my second test day I've switched on back trading hours, and set Trade NY off.

My broker time is GMT+1, so I corrected the trading times of EA by substracting 1.

The day was nor good or bad. The result profit/loss is close to zero.

Alltogether there were 4 transactions opened all during EU session. 3 are still active. So I understand that setting not trading on NY concers only opening of position.

What are your results of the day?

What do you recomend to do with open transactions when NY starts? Do you close them manually or you let it go?

Regards,

JAK

You are right, when NY is disabled there is no buy or sell for new trades however the running trades are still controlled by the EA for TP/ SL

Mrpip have a look at this

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176382

the idea i have is that for the some pairs there has been set of maximum or minimum targets when we reach these targets, or when we reach a strong monthly trend line, as I showed eariler on the small video file I have created

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176053/page34

we set the EA to only sell or only buy, its very easy to set it up assume that the person who put the EA on the chart is a trader and draw the trend lines I showed that on the video it takes less than 1 min... can we make this option as idots proof, for those who don't use the trend lines, and don't look at the chart.

I did not see a single indicator that really represents the true trend line as I draw them, so maybe if we use some of the code in that EA we avoid any trades to be placed on the opposite of a monthly trend line, thats after forcing ( can be an option )the tarder to draw the trend line on the start .

Like in the video I setup GB/JAP the 2.4 to sell only, now I would set it up for the US/JAP to buy only and so on....

its kind of silly request and its already in the setup of the EA, but I know for fact that there is lots of ppls who don't draw the trend lines and they reach areas where they should only sell or only buy and yet they don't know it.

I know this is too much to ask now, but keep the idea in mind

Trend Lines

Hi MiniMe,

Interesting thread. I will take a look at the ea when I have the time.

I use to trade deMark trend line break when I used the AIME method. It also used MA cross and MACD for confirmation. The method works, just hard to code as an EA.

It would be useful to have an indicator draw the trend line so I will also check that possibility.

Robert

NY session

most losses are so far due to NY session

Reason: