News Trader EA - page 12

dswk:
results for today (18/01/2007) :

This one was good for me w NewsTrader.

total pips for GBP/USD+EUR/USD+USD/CHF+USD/JPY+NZD/USD+USD/DKK = 116 pips.

Happy with that.

Which settings do you use?

dswk:
should be a very good thing if on a next version we could include order who take the retracement.... just an idea...

Could you explain your idea more fully?

I plan to present new version of NewsTrader shortly with following improvements:

- news filter for currencies that should be used in trade

- filter for news ratings.

Also I think that we should use different settings for different news trades.

We can use one settings(TP,SL,TS and gaps) for NFPs, other settings for Trade Balance and so on.

newdigital:

I am trading eurusd (two EAs), gbpusd (two EAs), usdjpy (two EAs) and usdchf (two EAs).

settings #1.

One EA with the following settings:

take profit = 50

stop loss =50

trailing stop = 0

lot = 0.2

settings #2.

The 2nd one with the following settings:

take profit = 100

stop loss =50

trailing stop = 30

lot = 0.2

Initial deposit is $5000.

The settings #1 will be changes from next week:

settings #1.

One EA with the following settings:

take profit = 20

stop loss =50

trailing stop = 0

lot = 0.2

TimeGap = 2

Besides I will use MM as % from deposit size.

newdigital:
Which settings do you use?

was 166 not 116.

Please see pic attached.

I think we must include in the text file the following parameters for each news and by pair we trade :

Lots

TimeGap

OrderDuration

ProcessTime

TakeProfit

TrailingStop

InitialStop

PendOrdGap

Slippage

Because movements have really a big difference (in pips) between CPI, PPI ou NFP.

Or another approach is to minimize TP and increase lots... but i prefer manage each news with various parameters in the text file....living my pc alone, doing the job :-)

Files:

igorad:

We can use one settings(TP,SL,TS and gaps) for NFPs, other settings for Trade Balance and so on.

Very good idea to have different settings for different news.

But it is long way to test/find this settings.

It is possible for EA to use "the right" settings automatically?

For example:

- if we have NFP so EA will use tp=100; ts=30, sl=50 and timegap=5.

- if we have CPI: tp=20; ts=0, sl=50 and timegap=2.

And so on.

It may be good and we do not need to test many versions of EAs or to change the settings manually.

What do you think?

dswk:
I think we must include in the text file the following parameters for each news and by pair we trade :

Lots

TimeGap

OrderDuration

ProcessTime

TakeProfit

TrailingStop

InitialStop

PendOrdGap

Slippage

Because movements have really a big difference (in pips) between CPI, PPI ou NFP.

Or another approach is to minimize TP and increase lots... but i prefer manage each news with various parameters in the text file....living my pc alone, doing the job :-)

Because i used the same settings as for NFP and lost once again ...

It should be really good to have settings text file for every kind of news. So it may be two files: with news and with settings. Or just one ...

igorad:
Could you explain your idea more fully?

I plan to present new version of NewsTrader shortly with following improvements:

- news filter for currencies that should be used in trade

- filter for news ratings.

Brain telepathy ?

Exactly what i was writing in my last post concerning more settings in the text file...

Idea of manage the retracement (more fully) :

After a big move, we all know we always have retracements. So why not manage to take profit of these retracements, using, for example fibo rules ?

btw is actually my favorite ea :-)

I use nice tool, provide in a threat of FF (thanks to them) to calculate average pips moving.

This xl file contain all history of moves and average pips for each news.

Really useful.

enjoy.

Files:

I've found some interesting issues at fxengines.com .

You guys are somewhat missing the boat on news trades. The best way to make money is not to try to take the profit on a sudden upward or downward move in the EUR/USD for example, around the NFP, but to make money on the retracement. I have seen an EA that does just that. Whenever there is a big move there is always (nearly) a big retracement that is profitable and more consistent. One person I know took 40K and turned it into 100K in about 4 months with this method. You need to build a strategy around this method for news trading.

Reason: