CrossedAlertsTrader

Files:

any interest???

Seems a very interesting indicator, indeed.

Have you tested in shorter timeframes, like 5 min. charts?... looking good!!!

And for an EA, I think can be more profitable and can trade more often.

Can someone code the EA for testing???

I am open to anything that will help us all make pips - I just see big profits manually, but you have to be there to see the cross - an EA will see the cross and make the trade - but your right only one or two trades a month in the M30 time frame - I have not tried lower time frames but will take a look.

Ok, I'll spend a couple of hours on it; gives me a reason to learn about pending orders, which I haven't used so far....

the first sketch

Here's the first shot... I suppose it needs some tailoring in sl/tp levels etc, because it keeps deleting the pending order. But I thought you might want to have the say in all that.

Please note that I copied and revised the cross detection function from the indicator, and make direct use of MA indicators. Also, the EA still alerts rather than emailing, but that's something to improve on later.

cheers

Files:

Wow - thanks Ralph - I will start testing

Thanks - FAST!!!

should we add a take profit.... or just close the buys on the sell cross and close the sells on the buy cross?

One other observation - it is opening allot of trades - is it opening trades only on the cross or as it moves up - thinking about margin...

Thoughts???

I guess it should close trades, yes, and perhaps to close them on "the opposite indication" is a good choice? Easy enough to code at least

As for opening orders, the EA opens a pending order whenever there is a cross, and this is considered at every tick. When the MA line is flat and the price is fluctuating just a little, then it might start opening lots of pending orders; probably there needs to be some "hystersis" in the decision logic. E.g., following a cross, then it would require a certain gap between the lines before recognising the next cross (i.e., essentially an additional judgement as to whether it's a trending or sideways curve).

For instance, if the lines are closer than, say, 8 pips, then it's a sideways curve, otherwise it's a trending curve. You might want to close trades when it goes into side-ways, and open when it goes into trending.

It could also have an additional "margin call stop block"; a simple but effective method is to look at the ratio between free margin and equity and avoid opening orders when that goes below, say, 75%.

Reason: