Forex Trading With Simple Setup - page 25

thanks, Ramdas

just usual mtf: on 30 min chart in separate [or chart] window you can see MAs (50, 150, 300 ...) as they are on H4 timeframe

(basically two charts in one)

4 your consideration

Hi, Ramdas!

just 4 your consideration (just in case)

i combined SMAs in MTF indi cw, sw

timeframe 0 - current timeframe, 60-1H, 240-4H, 1440-1D...

PS (4 keeping system simple (KISS), indis only 4 research, development and demonstration of an idea)

Files:
mtf_tss.gif  17 kb

Pivot Lines Timezone

Helo Ramdas...

All the time I was away from here I was searching for the PIVOT solution... it's mind boggling as to how many different indicators are out there... Regular Pivot, Woodies Pivot, FiboPivot, Camarilla, etc... all giving different readings... and values... so, go figure, what should I do...

Well I have learned that PIVOT should be set to the closing time of NY exchange ... for forex I think is should be set to the new day as per London opening session... that's GMT +1...

You mentioned that there is a problem with setting indicator to the correct time... so I was searching and searching and... I got it...

Hers is the Pivot Lines Timezone... it can be set to any timezone... finally my head can rest in peace... *smile*... Now I can start my apprenticeship and practice your RAM6 Trading System... THANK YOU!!!...

PS: As you know I started with installing IgorTSR, Ram6... IgoRam6... Ram6 [with this new Pivot is light and beautiful... IgoRam6 a bit heavier, but with more info]... I will work them both now and see which one will be it...

EnkiJr:
Helo Ramdas...

All the time I was away from here I was searching for the PIVOT solution... it's mind boggling as to how many different indicators are out there... Regular Pivot, Woodies Pivot, FiboPivot, Camarilla, etc... all giving different readings... and values... so, go figure, what should I do...

Well I have learned that PIVOT should be set to the closing time of NY exchange ... for forex I think is should be set to the new day as per London opening session... that's GMT +1...

You mentioned that there is a problem with setting indicator to the correct time... so I was searching and searching and... I got it...

Hers is the Pivot Lines Timezone... it can be set to any timezone... finally my head can rest in peace... *smile*... Now I can start my apprenticeship and practice your RAM6 Trading System... THANK YOU!!!...

PS: As you know I started with installing IgorTSR, Ram6... IgoRam6... Ram6 [with this new Pivot is light and beautiful... IgoRam6 a bit heavier, but with more info]... I will work them both now and see which one will be it...

Dear EnkiJr,

You are on right track, i have done same thing in my learning stage searching and searching and... I got it. There is another thing which is involved,, Observing Oserving and You get it. How price behave.

Learning stage is sometimes painfull, reading searching without sleep, and it is Exciting also once you get some Clue.

So don't give-up...... all experiance trader had gone through this phase..and once it is over..It's cool and happy... But this is continues learning process, which becomes habit after some time.

Along with this one has to maintain good health.. Physical and mental.. since it directly affect your trade decission.

Generaly our mental stage changes with 6 week cycle. 6 week we work with emotion, and 6 week we work with Intelligence , so undersatanding ourself is important.

Best Regards

Ramdas

PivotCustomTime

Hello Ramdas

Similar mindset here... health, existence, Mother Nature, etc...

I was thinking about your H4 Pivot... it's a good idea... here is the indicator that can do it... it can be set to any time frame...

Hope we have here someone with codding skills who could take the portion of the code from Time Zone indicator above [related to GMT Time Zone]... and transplant it to the attached indicator [PivotCustomTime]... we would have PivotCTF-GMT [custom time-frame GMT]

This way we would have correct start at GMT +1... and H4 time frame, which with all related S/R and M points would give us a very reference interesting tool...

Overall... taking your 6 SMAs... adding the PivotCTF-GMT... parts from Igor TSR with his "hickUp", "takeMyHand", "1stButtomUp", squeez... also fibo retracements ... for the price patterns look at autochartist.com and forexmentor.com [watch all the videos]...

we have here all what we need to have a TOP Position-Sizing & Positive Expectancy TS [the spreadsheet attached]... and... as you know, I was playing with Ram6... IgoRam6... but putting it all as one, it seams the sound of RAMSES is coming to mind... he was an extraordinary BEING and... this system could be as well... so I am voting for RAMSES...

Do you know anybody who could put PivotCTF-GMT together...?

Regards, EnkiJr

PS: just eliminate the ".ex4" and it will work

Interesting System

Hi Ramdas,

I have spent the last 4 day reading the thread and studying the price action set-ups. This is the first time in my 18 months of forex trading that I am seeing how I can use PA and SMAs to trade. At one point I must have had 5-6 different indicators on my charts. There were so may that I couldn't even see the price action. That would be my only suggestion at this point is to keep it simple. There seems to be alot of people who want to keep adding indicators. Since I am a newbie to this system I am going to trade using price action, trendlines and a stochastic, that's it. I will let you know how I do this week.

Dave

downunderdave40:
Hi Ramdas,

I have spent the last 4 day reading the thread and studying the price action set-ups. This is the first time in my 18 months of forex trading that I am seeing how I can use PA and SMAs to trade. At one point I must have had 5-6 different indicators on my charts. There were so may that I couldn't even see the price action. That would be my only suggestion at this point is to keep it simple. There seems to be alot of people who want to keep adding indicators. Since I am a newbie to this system I am going to trade using price action, trendlines and a stochastic, that's it. I will let you know how I do this week.

Dave

Dear Dave,

Instead of using 5 to 6 indicatores on chart, if you use 5 to 6 different pair chart and use simple moving average which i suggested. you will get better feel of price actions. on setup suggested one can easily watch 6 paires with simple moving average of different time frames.

Best Regards

Ramdas

That's my plan

ramdas:
Dear Dave,

Instead of using 5 to 6 indicatores on chart, if you use 5 to 6 different pair chart and use simple moving average which i suggested. you will get better feel of price actions. on setup suggested one can easily watch 6 paires with simple moving average of different time frames.

Best Regards

Ramdas

Hi Ramdas,

Yes, that was my point. I am eliminating all of those indicators and I'm going to use SMAs, stoch and tendlines. I think if I use your SMAS and keep the rest simple my trading will improve 100%.

downunderdave40:
Hi Ramdas, Yes, that was my point. I am eliminating all of those indicators and I'm going to use SMAs, stoch and tendlines. I think if I use your SMAS and keep the rest simple my trading will improve 100%.

Hi downunderdave40'

Just observe today's JPY pair U/J, G/J and E/J as per setup suggested.

you will notice all this three pair from UP pattern, and G/J touch perfect SMA50 5Min and U/J and E/J did not touch SMA50 but rebound from just 3 t0 5 pips above from SMA50.

this just to show what is beanifit of looking at pair of currency.

Thnak you...

Ramds... thank you again for all your work... I have witnessed it on my charts... already many times... your creativity at work... its just perfect... I guess we just need to adapt to the changing interrelation of the price-SMAs on the charts... sometimes everything is being drawn perfectly... sometimes above SMA50... or below... but the pattern is holding... it may also be showing differently with different pairs... and time-frames... like the referral SMA could be SMA150... am I right, seeing the pattern and its relation/position to SMAs, being the most important element of your system...?

Also, in my travels I came across Spudfyre's StochsTS... here... I belive it could be interesting to see the TWO systems working in tandem... check it out... let us know what you think... -thanks again, will PM you

Reason: