Volatility Quality Index - page 24

mamdohfn:
Hi to all,

There any Expert from this indicator,(Volatility Quality Index) ???

I mean VQ EA,

Thank's,

Good question, it would be interesting to see how it stood up in its own right. I am fascinated by it, I have spent some time trying to understand the smoothing of it and how it is constructed, without success.

Raff has produced a great piece of work here, I am intrigued as to how it is constructed. An indicator can be better understood/traded if you know how it works.

Raff if you ever feel the need to disclose its construction, I for one would be grateful !

rogerha:
Good question, it would be interesting to see how it stood up in its own right. I am fascinated by it, I have spent some time trying to understand the smoothing of it and how it is constructed, without success.

Raff has produced a great piece of work here, I am intrigued as to how it is constructed. An indicator can be better understood/traded if you know how it works.

Raff if you ever feel the need to disclose its construction, I for one would be grateful !

Hi rogerha,

Yah it's good indicator,and i feeling its will success,

But for sorry i am not understand any thing in EA or Indicator's programing,

So i hope somebody help us,

Anyway thank you for your reply,

Mamdoh

Great job on this Raff!!!

rogerha:

Look at the code... It's based on MA's. It is very good on it's own (with the correct settings depending on the pair you are trading), but when combined with 1-2 other filters it can be surperb. Thanks for everything you've done Raff!

i got a message stating there are new free version of VQ, where can i find it?tq

yan7181:
i got a message stating there are new free version of VQ, where can i find it?tq

download it from post #1

rogerha:

The Volatility Quality Index was invented by Thomas Stridsman and was disclosed in an August 2002 article in Active Trader Magazine entitled "The good, the bad, and the volatility".

The construction is fairly readable in Tradestation's Easylanguage. Here's the formula for the indicator discussed in Advanced Strategies (p. 56) / August 2002 Active Trader Magazine:

http://trader.online.pl/ELZ/t-i-Volatility_Quality_Index.html

The Amibroker version is here: http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=205

- - - -

3 Cheers for Raff for the translation!!!

Eur/usd Tf H1

Hi.

I've been working on the Time Bomb Tim EA and was looking for more confirmations on trend.

This thread has really helped alot in that.

I've sed a combination of suggestions in this thread and came up with the following that I'm testing on EUR/USD TF H1.

You can find the demo EA and the rules for Time Bomb TIm here.

If I applied the method on EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/JPY and USD/CHF I would have been looking at approx 1000 pips from yesterday till today.

Now this occurs a few times a month in Visual backtesting across all four pairs.

Here is the combo of indicators.

VQ Default

VQ H4

MACD

FiboCalc

SMA50 High

SMA50 Close

SMA50 Low.

Read the rules concerning the Time Bomb Tim entry points.

Now my idea is to use those rules to confirm with the VQ indicator and validate the trade to be opened. If we can combine this I think we will have an EA on our hand that can be of note.

PS: The TimeBomb Tim EA has still got trading rule problems that need some work, so if someone can just read the thread and see if they have a fix that could already help alot

Safe trading.

The Source

Files:
eur_usd_h1.gif  28 kb

???

hello to all - hope anyone can tell me if the picture below is right or wrong. I am think that the VQH1 on the 5 min chart should have same reading as the VQ on the h1 chart I dont need to be watch both but was just looking to check h1 and got confused by this. Is it right pleaze anyone?

thanks to all

Files:
gbpusd_2.jpg  144 kb

Strategy

Angela:
hello to all - hope anyone can tell me if the picture below is right or wrong. I am think that the VQH1 on the 5 min chart should have same reading as the VQ on the h1 chart I dont need to be watch both but was just looking to check h1 and got confused by this. Is it right pleaze anyone? thanks to all

Hi Angela.

I think that it all depends what your idea is behind you setup. If I understand this indicator correctly it was developed with the long term trade in mind.

I used several 5min TF strategies which at the end of the day provides alot of whipsaw and stress. Now if you use a Grid setup it might work.

What I strongly suggest is some other filter to sort the noise on 5minTF.

Keep safe trades

The Source

thesource:
Hi Angela.

I think that it all depends what your idea is behind you setup. If I understand this indicator correctly it was developed with the long term trade in mind.

I used several 5min TF strategies which at the end of the day provides alot of whipsaw and stress. Now if you use a Grid setup it might work.

What I strongly suggest is some other filter to sort the noise on 5minTF.

Keep safe trades

The Source

I think Angela forgot only one thing...

12 bars M5 = 1 bar H1

Raff

Reason: