Range Indicators - page 15

background color

sullyman:
hi folks,

picked up this indicator on this forum. It's great.

However, my chart background is white and so white is the colour of the indicator background.

I would prefer if the indicator background colour was black to see it better. Is this possible?

Any help appreciated.

Sully

Just change the color by using the input BackGround_color

[attach]116030[/attach]

[attach]116031[/attach]

Can anyone help me in finding - Opening bell range indicator ????

Hi,

Does anyone here know how to write a time range indicator where it will draw 2 lines (for high and low)?

Basically, I want to draw a high-low for a First 30-40 mins range when the market opens as - for each new day.

Also wish to draw the fibonacci for the range both sides......

Any assistance is appreciated!

thanks for sharing

2 Hour Range Indicator

Hi

I am looking for an indicator that will show me on a 5min chart if in the last 2 hours the tradiing range is >= to 25pips.

In other words in the last 2 hours the High to Low has been 25 or better.

Thanks

Gil

Range or Trend Indicator

It's relatively easy to generate signals that tell you the market's direction but whether it is wise to enter a trade seems to depend upon whether the market is ranging sufficiently to catch a trade reasonably bigger than the spread you're being charged.

I produced this indicator to quickly tell me the average height of recent bars in pips - ie. is the market ranging enough to make profitable trades? - and to quickly tell me how much the price has moved relative to past bars - ie. is the market trending enough to make profitable trades? It will do this for four selectable number of past bars.

I hope it's of use to you.

I have updated the indicator to automatically adjust for different markets with 1, 2, or 3 digits before its price's decimal point. This may be over-ridden by changing AutoMultiplier to false in which case the entered Multiplier is used. As a complete novice at this MQL malarky I looked for but could only find unnecessarily complicated code samples to do this - please feel free to lift my much simpler method for your own devices.

And now I've added some colour so that the pip values displayed can be divided into three colour bands for bar heights and separately for change in price. Bear in mind that the latter needs to be considered more carefully than just the colour indicates as the market may have gone up and down quite wildly between the bars selected for taking measurements.

Added Range for the four selectable periods.

Added a fifth period, 'Price change since' colour now only reflects direction up or down from current price, rows reordered, default colours and periods changed.

Files:

If you use my indicator above and set one of the periods to 24 that will tell you what you want to know on the bottom row.

I'm sure that there are other indicators in this thread that must do the same thing if you look - but you couldn't have read the last post but one!

Need an ATR indicator

Hi.

I have problem finding an indicator that i need. A ATR with GMT shift.

I explain:

As a default in Metatrader 4 there is an Indicator called 'Average True Range'. This indicator calculates the average range of X periods. Meaning if you attach it to a 5 min chart and set 10 as period it will calculate the average range of 10 * 5 periods = 50 minutes.

etc etc.

The problem whit this indicator is that it has no GMT shift parameter. The result of this is that if you would have an Expert advisor who uses this ATR and you optimize it on GMT data and then put the EA on a broker that for example uses CET time the result will differ. Not be the same.

To avoid this i would like to find a ATR indicator were i can set the GMT shift or, if easier, decied from which time to which time the indicator shall calculates it's Average Range.

Example: If i set the original ATR indicator on a broker that uses GMT as server time it will not have the same ATR value as if i put it on a broker that uses CET time as server time.

But if i either could "GMT shift" the calculation with +2 since CET time is GMT +2 right now, or tell the indicator to calculate the average range between 02:00 - 02:00 (at 02:00 CET the GMT time will be 00:00) that would make it show the same as if it would have been on a GMT broker.

Do anyone have, know about or can help me create such an indicator?

Regards / JoLi

GeoffGreaves:
It's relatively easy to generate signals that tell you the market's direction but whether it is wise to enter a trade seems to depend upon whether the market is ranging sufficiently to catch a trade reasonably bigger than the spread you're being charged.

I produced this indicator to quickly tell me the average height of recent bars in pips - ie. is the market ranging enough to make profitable trades? - and to quickly tell me how much the price has moved relative to past bars - ie. is the market trending enough to make profitable trades? It will do this for four selectable number of past bars.

I hope it's of use to you.

I have updated the indicator to automatically adjust for different markets with 1, 2, or 3 digits before its price's decimal point. This may be over-ridden by changing AutoMultiplier to false in which case the entered Multiplier is used. As a complete novice at this MQL malarky I looked for but could only find unnecessarily complicated code samples to do this - please feel free to lift my much simpler method for your own devices.

And now I've added some colour so that the pip values displayed can be divided into three colour bands for bar heights and separately for change in price. Bear in mind that the latter needs to be considered more carefully than just the colour indicates as the market may have gone up and down quite wildly between the bars selected for taking measurements.

Added Range for the four selectable periods.

Added a fifth period, 'Price change since' colour now only reflects direction up or down from current price, rows reordered, default colours and periods changed.

Hi Geoff

I love this indicator and use it all the time.

Is there any chance you can rewrite to mt5 or suggest how I might go about doing that?

Thanks

Gil

Range Indicator

Dears,

First of all, if my english is bad, I apologize, I'm French I learn a lot from your forum, I'm here since a long time, but never posted before. Today, I would need your help.

I'm trying to develop a strategy and code it to MT4. My problem is that I would like to go out of my trade when there is a range. Is there any indicator existing telling me that I'm in range ? Of course, there are the BB, but I'm not succeeding that my code fits to the gap between the BB.

Thanks in adavnce for taking time to answer me.

[lang=fr]J’ai d�j� vu une strat�gie de forex qui se base sur l’indicateur de la moyenne quotidienne et il est pas mal, pour l’indateur japanais qui D�velopp� un excellent moyen de lier les math�matiques aux �changes dans le march� boursier en s'appuyant sur les lois tr�s important dans l'alg�bre et des formes g�om�triques, Sans entrer dans les d�tails Almiura noter que non seulement les lignes, mais ponctu�e par d'autres formes g�om�triques et des lignes sont trac�es � angle droit, � certains moments fond�s sur les ratios de Fibonacci[/lang]

Reason: