Schaff trend cycle - page 8

fxbs:
1. Valeo, - "fix" usually mean - something wrong with indicator - errors etc.;

Schaff_Trend_Cycle_mtf.mq4 - works as it should - no errors, there is nothing wrong with it - nothing to "fix"

that's how MTF formula works - to get familiar what is mtf and how MTF component works - please read the MTF indicators thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

p.s. though it been explained too many times, but...: mtf plotting the same indicator's value from higher TF on lower - current (let's say 4h value on 1h); one 4Hbar contains 4 one-hour bars, - so on H1 you will see one big step: 4bars wide - value of ind.from H4 plotted on H1; (and value of this up-to-4-bar-step would change same as this last open H4 bar changes (which it represent), until it close )

who not comfortable with mtf feature - can use separate H1 and H4 charts: mtf value - its same h4 value (mtf only plots this h4 value on h1 from open zero (current, last) H4 bar to close H4 bar

Please FXBS, after all these years of me using MTF indicators, do not tell me how to suck eggs!

I probably have the same understanding of the action of MTF than you and for that matter any coder who develops MTF indicators.

I have MTFs that do NOT behave in the same manner as this particular indicator and I am running a SnapShot indicator on the M1-TF to confirm this. Just as an example, the Z_MTF_DoublecciWoody does NOT do this and we had the same problem with the XO until Mladen "FIXED" it and by "fixing" I mean anchoring the indicator on each and every bar/candle on the M1 so that we do not have a line that is anything from 5 to 30 bars/candles long that moves like a snake rearing its head.

You and I have had this out before on an indicator you built for me and the result is that I am still not using your indicator.

Problem is that the Schaff is such an excellent indicator, that I am not prepared to just "give up" on it.

Also, Mladen built this indicator and with his expertise I am sure he can also "fix" it.

So my advise to you my friend, is not to answer for Mladen. I hold his work in high regard!

Hi guys,

I'm agree with Valeo, that's sure this MTF schaff acts very strange.

After thinking should I post or not, decided to post (obviously:))

This post is here because of one reason and one reason only : to post an indicator that is coded differently than fxbs's version and which for some funny reasons beyond my feeble mind capability of comprehension, gives the same results as that one (attached a cute little picture with comparison too).

This particular way mtfs are coded on metatrader platform was invented by keris and for quite some time it has been used by a lot of coders and users, and ever since not one of the coders or users had found any logical or "fundamental" flow in that way of representing multiple time frame indicators. There are different ways (some of those can be found in the elite section of TSD) but there is nothing wrong with the "keris" way. Period.

Now about a bit more serious stuff : just what does "explicit wish" mean?

Do you mean that for some reason you can demand or "do I need to go public with this?" things are going to happen? This world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day. Thank you for your kind attention, but, no thanks.

PS: I am not going to discuss what was done with XO indicator and the way XO was changed. It was made out of good will and it turns out that good will is understood as an obligation. Once again : this world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day.

PPS: there will be no more answers on this subject any more. As far as I am concerned, I have nothing more to say of things like this

Files:

mladen:
After thinking should I post or not, decided to post (obviously:))

This post is here because of one reason and one reason only : to post an indicator that is coded differently than fxbs's version and which for some funny reasons beyond my feeble mind capability of comprehension, gives the same results as that one (attached a cute little picture with comparison too).

This particular way mtfs are coded on metatrader platform was invented by keris and for quite some time it has been used by a lot of coders and users, and ever since not one of the coders or users had found any logical or "fundamental" flow in that way of representing multiple time frame indicators. There are different ways (some of those can be found in the elite section of TSD) but there is nothing wrong with the "keris" way. Period.

Now about a bit more serious stuff : just what does "explicit wish" mean?

I never said "explicit" wish - I said express and it should have been "expressed" - I do not have the audacity to say "explicit" as I am grateful for what you do for us in the Forum, but especially for my work in the Thread that I have.

Do you mean that for some reason you can demand or "do I need to go public with this?" things are going to happen? This world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day. Thank you for your kind attention, but, no thanks.

NO doubt in MY mind at least, that no one can DEMAND anything especially when it is free from experts like you. I am not the kind that will threaten anyone ever - if you read my Post, you will see that I appealed to your "softer side" (if you wish) for assistance and I added that as I hold your work in high esteem, I am not interested in anyone else "fixing" the indicator. Surely that means that I have such a high regard for you, that I will not accept anything less?

PS: I am not going to discuss what was done with XO indicator and the way XO was changed. It was made out of good will and it turns out that good will is understood as an obligation. Once again : this world is turning into funnier and funnier place every day. Once again you are misunderstanding me completely - who in their right minds will understand your kind help as "an obligation"? Indeed, this world do seem to turn into a funny place. Maybe if I can speak French and communicate in French to you, you will stop misunderstanding me and misrepresenting my intentions, which are all honourable in the first place.

PPS: there will be no more answers on this subject any more. As far as I am concerned, I have nothing more to say of things like this

Once again, I will test this indicator and report back to this Thread - whether you respond to it or not is your choice. I am extremely grateful for your help and assistance.

Mladen...

There is no need to test the indicator you posted above any further as there is no difference between the one I posted requesting you to "fix" it and the one you posted. It still performs in the same manner.

Therefore my advise to any trader wanting to use this incredible indicator, is to use it set to "Current TF" on each and every TF you wish to monitor, but forget about using the MTF option.

Sincerely.

How effective the Schaff is...

I just want to show you guys how effective the Schaff is when used in different TFs.

For this illustration, I have used the M1-chart and added the Schaff as marked in Aqua from M1 to M30.

I will discuss in my last post what the actual affect is when using it as it is shown here.

The charts are running 24/6 unless otherwise stated, so what you see here is what I saw this morning and what happened during the night (for me, that is).

2nd Schaff...

Here it is obvious why we should not have entered the first Short but waited for the next one to occur.

....and finally

Here I have marked the entry and second entry with a Blue-triangle for your convenience.

Notice the Aqua-vertical line to the right - that is where the Schaff starts to pivot and it will do so for the number of candles in which the TF is set. In this case it jumped UP and started the "pivoting" 3 candles back while the trade was still short!

One can interpret that that this is not going very far and get out at the first candle that turns against you, but can you imagine the benefit we can derive from such an incredible indicator, if it can signal correctly?

I have now exhausted this topic and will continue to see how I can use this indicator to my advantage and IF I should find the solution, I will tell you.

Best wishes to all.

hi, would you mind sharing the non-mtf schaff indi? TIA

ValeoFX:
Here I have marked the entry and second entry with a Blue-triangle for your convenience.

Notice the Aqua-vertical line to the right - that is where the Schaff starts to pivot and it will do so for the number of candles in which the TF is set. In this case it jumped UP and started the "pivoting" 3 candles back while the trade was still short!

One can interpret that that this is not going very far and get out at the first candle that turns against you, but can you imagine the benefit we can derive from such an incredible indicator, if it can signal correctly?

I have now exhausted this topic and will continue to see how I can use this indicator to my advantage and IF I should find the solution, I will tell you.

Best wishes to all.
Reason: