Live Testing reports - page 3

AZBOfin:

Wow. That.... was shocking. As a developer trying to fix a bug, I didn't pay attention to the bottom line. The part that totally surprises me is that 3 copies of Phoenix 5.6.2 never agreed on a single trade. I have a few copies out of sync, but most of my (different broker) results were in sync. Do you have *any* idea why your systems could never agree on a signal?

Mode 3 is mostly fixed now in 5.6.04, I read the through code over and over and if there are any bugs they are minor and will require testing to catch. The old mode 3 just didn't work (Trade 2 and 3 were supposed to at least break even if Trade 1 hit profit) and I encourage you to try it out again.

But... wow... why couldn't any of them agree? btw AZBOfin, I found out FXDD is run by Tradition Group or something like that, and doesn't have a clearing house in common with IBFX. I was thinking FXSol.

daraknor:
AZBOfin:

Wow. That.... was shocking. As a developer trying to fix a bug, I didn't pay attention to the bottom line. The part that totally surprises me is that 3 copies of Phoenix 5.6.2 never agreed on a single trade. I have a few copies out of sync, but most of my (different broker) results were in sync. Do you have *any* idea why your systems could never agree on a signal?

Mode 3 is mostly fixed now in 5.6.04, I read the through code over and over and if there are any bugs they are minor and will require testing to catch. The old mode 3 just didn't work (Trade 2 and 3 were supposed to at least break even if Trade 1 hit profit) and I encourage you to try it out again.

But... wow... why couldn't any of them agree? btw AZBOfin, I found out FXDD is run by Tradition Group or something like that, and doesn't have a clearing house in common with IBFX. I was thinking FXSol.

i don't know what's going on. it doesn't make any sense at all! i am going to switch to 5.6.4 now and let it ride another week.

AZBOfin

Back test results on Mode 3

Hi,

I have been following the previous Phoenix 2007 thread on and off. It is surprising to see the turn of events when I visit the forum this weekend. I hope Phoenix will live on.

Last week, I did some back testing the first time on 5 pairs using default settings on Mode 3 for a period of 2 months from Sept to Oct. Now I read that mode 3 is not as good. From my results, the GBP pairs are really bad while the other three is pretty good. I am not sure if I should post back test results any more. The version I tested is ver5.6.03 and MT4 is from IBFX. May be that is outdated already. Please advise.

Francoc30

daraknor:
I don't recall you answering my question from the old (not dead just less focused) thread: did you manually close any trades? I looked at both logs and found that neither SL nor TP was hit on several trades but they exited at a profit. That would be 90% of the answer right there.

In demo accounts I never close trades manually.

Bye!

Raf

bertbin:

Raffa : do you mind if we compare results tuesday 10 PM GMT ? Il will post at this time

Note carefully starting time

Hasta luego

Tuesday 21 Nov.?

Consider that I did not close any trade last week so now Phoenix works surely different from your because it has 9 trades open.

Just another consideration for all: I am trying live (yes I am crazy) ver. 5.6.04 mode 3 and tonight it operated on 3 pairs but on usdjpy it opende just 2 positions (!?!) instead of 3. I checked "history" but nothing...the 3rd trade does not exist.

Raf

Raf

Yes Tuesday 21 nov. Will send you here on the forum my statement

Francoc30: Thank you for your contribution! With the new organization this would go under "Optimization" thread. The most current version of Phoenix (stable, testing, weekly build experimental) can be found in forex-tsd.com/phoenix along with FAQ, etc. Mode 3 has been altered to work as intended in version 5.6.04.

francoc30:
Hi,

I have been following the previous Phoenix 2007 thread on and off. It is surprising to see the turn of events when I visit the forum this weekend. I hope Phoenix will live on.

Last week, I did some back testing the first time on 5 pairs using default settings on Mode 3 for a period of 2 months from Sept to Oct. Now I read that mode 3 is not as good. From my results, the GBP pairs are really bad while the other three is pretty good. I am not sure if I should post back test results any more. The version I tested is ver5.6.03 and MT4 is from IBFX. May be that is outdated already. Please advise.

Francoc30

Testing CONTEST ver.

Hi all

I just started to forward test Phoenix contest version

Broker - mig FX

When the Phoenix initiated first trade I noticed weird thing that the price on the chart is not the same as in trade terminal. For example if the price on the chart is 118,10 the price in terminal window is 118,12.

Here is the question why is that and how can we change it?

raffaelegalbiati:
Tuesday 21 Nov.?

Consider that I did not close any trade last week so now Phoenix works surely different from your because it has 9 trades open.

Just another consideration for all: I am trying live (yes I am crazy) ver. 5.6.04 mode 3 and tonight it operated on 3 pairs but on usdjpy it opende just 2 positions (!?!) instead of 3. I checked "history" but nothing...the 3rd trade does not exist.

Raf

:/ We'll try to get it debugged this week. I'd suggest closing the EA, but it should try to move the SL level on Trade 2 if Trade 1 exits at profit.

kristjantelve:
Hi all

I just started to forward test Phoenix contest version

Broker - mig FX

When the Phoenix initiated first trade I noticed weird thing that the price on the chart is not the same as in trade terminal. For example if the price on the chart is 118,10 the price in terminal window is 118,12.

Here is the question why is that and how can we change it?

Please ask in FAQ. forex-tsd.com/phoenix

Reason: