Live Testing reports - page 2

I consider the very large difference between two accounts with the same broker, same feed, same data, same timeframe, same settings to be "our biggest bug". I'm interested in looking at consecutive signals for trading even with lower results just to test and see if it fixes this bug. (on demo accounts)

raffaelegalbiati:
mmmmm I am really concerned by your statement....why my demo and live account with same broker made absolutely better trades? It's really strange

Same stuff I was saying the past 14 nov in the dead thread :

----------------------------------------------------------------

azbo, raffaele

I think (huuum...) that the starting time is part of the key.

I started Sunday and AZBO did the same nearly openning. (00h00 GMT). It seems that his trade and mine are bads until now

Raffaele started 1h45 after.. and his trade seems to be good...

It seems also that at the moment you enter in the market P5 have his own logic and calculations. And when he (P5) enter a trade you are like "locked" in a certain way...

At the openning "big boys", "greedy sharks" and some "crazy fools" move the market sharply or to take profit or to take position...

After a while -1 h, 2h 3h... that's the problem- market slow down and take a sort of mini trend. If you start P5 at the beginning ,then you are in the big waves and the EA ill opend one or more position absolutly in contradiction with the follwing mini trend...

Solution : Don't trade at openning in the big waves... wait stabilization of the market

Following question is : until when ?

Hi ! Hi ! Hi ! It's... depends....

Any comments about this wild analysis ?

(and have you noticed same stuff?)

--------------------------------------------------------

Then Hendrick retirement... and this question has been forget...Darak give some answers but I am NOT totally conviced...

BUT... BUT... BUT

I started last sunday in mode 2 (as Hendrick asked)... After a big capsize I swicht to mode 3 on Tuesday night... And nearly full recover till Friday... Was positive and then sunk...

Raffa : this last week has been no significant : better to watch carefully this coming one ok ?

Will start P564 (last one) 2 (two) hours after openning : 02 GMT

Well I run a few copies of Phoenix at the same time. I noticed that on one occassion, AccountA opened a trade one hour before AccountB. Same signal. Account A had SL, AccountB had TP. The deeper question I'm trying to solve is based on signal interpretation. The next version will have a "Debug" level parameter, where Phoenix will spit out tons of Signal data and we can figure out how to make it more reliable.

I don't recall you answering my question from the old (not dead just less focused) thread: did you manually close any trades? I looked at both logs and found that neither SL nor TP was hit on several trades but they exited at a profit. That would be 90% of the answer right there.

Yes on the Tuesday I closed manually several trades

Darak : from my part I don't think my statements of this last week are reliable after Tuesday. But before Tuesday the problem of the starting time is still there. Coz I was in mode 2 and negative was about - 12,5 % of K

In the same time AZBO was down like me and Raffa was positive starting 1h45 AFTER openning

I try to NETHER close manually trade (=non sense testing) But last tuesday i was so pissed off about mode 2...

I will start P564 2 hours after openning at 2 GMT Mode 3

Raffa : do you mind if we compare results tuesday 10 PM GMT ? Il will post at this time

Note carefully starting time

Hasta luego

Mode 3 received a lot of love and bug fixes, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly examine the potential bugs found in Mode3 SL code so it may get errors. I'm going to look over the backtests in the optimization thread soon and examine the trades very carefully with charts open to make sure it works.

Bertbin: you could also run 2 copies on 2 separate installations started at exactly the same time. That would also tell you if it was Phoenix, or the environment.

daraknor:
Mode 3 received a lot of love and bug fixes, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly examine the potential bugs found in Mode3 SL code so it may get errors. I'm going to look over the backtests in the optimization thread soon and examine the trades very carefully with charts open to make sure it works. Bertbin: you could also run 2 copies on 2 separate installations started at exactly the same time. That would also tell you if it was Phoenix, or the environment.

How ?

on 2 different PC

OR two accounts on one PC ???

(I have two demo account on this PC BUT I don't know if I can open both switching one to the other without problem... Sorry I am new on Meta !)

You probably have MT4 installed at C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4

Install it again at C:\Program Files\MT4 and make sure you create separate shortcuts. Now you can run 2 copies at once. (I run 5 live, 1 for testing. More and my machine slows down.)

ok will do it.. Hope my laptop don't burn...

my results

there are my results since 11-06...

#1 Timeframe: M15

#2 Broker: FXDD, IBFX and SBFX (MoneyTec)

#3 Settings file: Defaults for Mode3

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.6.2

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Detailed report: zip containing 3 statements (all results in pips).

first, i don't like displaying results in $$$. it doesn't mean anything. i'd rather display my results in pips.

second, all demo accounts started sunday november 5th, before market opening and they are running since then without interruption (not even for the weekends).

bottom-line: it sucks !

AZBOfin

to post the results for my "real" account won't make any sense, since i manually close trades to reset the EA but i am still down (more loosing than winning trades).

azbofin

Reason: