Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 58

Why I asked before about if Goblin can use 0.01 lots in Backtesting is because when I set to 0.01 I get a blank graph. How do i setup Backtesting properly? I must be doing something wrong

matrixebiz:
Does Goblin work ok with 0.01 lots?

If your broker supports .01 lots Goblin will work. Currently, I'm testing it with InterbankFX on a mini account and I'm using .01 lots (nano lots), which is 1 cent per pip. I always trade these kinds of EAs using nano lots because they can open multiple lots and or trades. Just being conservative.

Wackena:
When the US Non-farm empoyment report came out this AM, on GBPUSD there was initially a price spike down. Goblin placed 6 straight sell orders. At the time, I thought this was very good. Price going south and issuing sells, good. Then on same H1 bar, the price reversed up quickly and caught 5 of the 6 sells for loses.

bluto, if there was a another JVEL filter with a low timeframe and/or period scan, and when TrendVal is exteme, Goblin would stop trading. Would Goblin be able to detect these sudden spikes? I know it would mean losing some good trades during some price spikes, but could it help to minimize these high loss occurences.

Don't know if it's workable, but just a thought.

As you know, Goblin loves a trending ranging market.

Wackena

Here again, the problem you report is due to the design of the 10Point3 order processor...the EA is only checking the trend direction/velocity one time at the beginning of each MaxTrades cycle...once the cycle starts, the EA is placing trades in that direction regardless of what the market is actually doing. This is the same flaw you see in every 10Point3 clone out there....the flaw that will kill you in a run-away trend shift without retracement. I'm working on changing that behavior in "Goblin TF" (Jugulator).

I suspect you may have gotten lucky this morning in that JVEL detected a downswing just at the beginning of a new trade cycle as those initial spikes were occuring, but you were still placing sells during the retracement because you hadn't exhausted the maxtrades cycle.

Incidentally, y'all are gonna love the hedging feature I'm implementing to handle those orders that mis-behave.

bluto:
Here again, the problem you report is due to the design of the 10Point3 order processor...the EA is only checking the trend direction/velocity one time at the beginning of each MaxTrades cycle...once the cycle starts, the EA is placing trades in that direction regardless of what the market is actually doing. This is the same flaw you see in every 10Point3 clone out there....the flaw that will kill you in a run-away trend shift without retracement. I'm working on changing that behavior in "Goblin TF" (Jugulator).

I suspect you may have gotten lucky this morning in that JVEL detected a downswing just at the beginning of a new trade cycle as those initial spikes were occuring, but you were still placing sells during the retracement because you hadn't exhausted the maxtrades cycle.

Incidentally, y'all are gonna love the hedging feature I'm implementing to handle those orders that mis-behave.

Tease LOL

Waiting patiently ....

matrixebiz:
Tease LOL Waiting patiently ....

........"Santy-Clause is comin...to town".........

Jvel Phase

Could someone explain to me the function of the "Phase" param in the Turbo Jvel and why it is not important for indicator's use in the EA since it calls to the indicator? Has anyone experimented with various settings with Phase?

Greg

Attached is Goblin sorted by pairs report for this week.

1. Timeframe: H1

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: Default, except MaxTrades=7

4. Account: Demo

Deposit $10,000

Balance $13,246

Equity $12,162

137 wins - 62 loses

13 open trades - Float ($-1,082)

ROI 21.6%

Wackena

Ouch - 13 open trades - Float ($-1,082)