FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 6

93408:

You can't give up ))))))))))

Short - selling.

Long - buy.

Otherwise we will stop understanding each other and will start writing that EUR-bucks pair is short from 1.4420 with the target 1.4470 and not because it is not going down, but because it is a short-term deal;)

once again in a circle)))

A short is called a short because stocks go down faster than up.

The question was asked why it was short - the answer was correct, and it was clear that it was a sale.

93408:

I believe that refers to volume ;) I.e. there was profit taking at a large level, which caused the price to fall to a solid volume below the start of the fall, which stopped the fall.

I guess you can recognize the volume "by some miracle" on history, and there is no volume in the future. The trader "Vasya Pupkin" could not press the Buy button, because he was cut off from the internet, and the London trader, simply overslept and did not have time to press the Sell button.

margaret:

$1.4600, $1.4580/85, $1.4555/60,$1.4555,$1.4553, $1.45262, $1.4550,$1.4530,$1.4500,$1.4489,$1.4480,$1.4455/45,$1.4448,$1.4420/15,$1.4400,$1.4410,$1.4380/70

In this stream of numbers, where will the price trajectory be? The fact that the price is always held at two ends is a truth, I've always written and will write again: for the price to move, someone must sell and someone must buy, if there is no buyer and seller at the same time, the price will always stand still, until someone else appears, or the buyer or seller leaves the market.

I am only interested in the direction forecast for this week, all last week I was expecting only growth - it worked fine, but for this week I cannot guess yet, it should go down, but it has not finished going up yet

margaret:
FA is the basis of trading and TA is its continuation. First there is an inflow on the fundamentals, which is growth, then the rate goes to stops, options, etc. and then there is a pullback at these levels, a pullback depending on the volume. At the moment, as far as I know, there were big closing on Friday (because of the fear of the IMF decision on Greece on Saturday). The decision on Saturday was in the plus direction for the Euro, which means it will continue to rise to the next levels. If the levels are large, the pullback is sure to be about 150-200 pints...

Margaret, sorry, a little off-topic from the general flub, back to our rams (Eurodollar): the stock markets have seen a rise in blue chips, including the Dow went almost 1.5% up, now what happens: metals and exotics under attack, while the euro and the dollar are racing ahead?

IgorM:

These levels are Friday's, tomorrow will be different...

Episode 4 has ZetM's markup left and I agree with it, it corresponds to tomorrow...

Nearest target 1.4573

There is a first candle -- no gap.

IgorM:

I believe that by "some miracle" you can find out the volumes on the history, but in the future there are no volumes. The trader "Vasya Pupkin" could not press the Buy button because he was cut off from the internet, and the London trader just overslept and did not have time to press the Sell button.

In this flow of numbers, where is the price trajectory? The fact that the price is always held at two ends is a truth, I have always written and will write it again: for the price to move, you need someone to sell and someone to buy, if there is no buyer and seller at the same time, the price will always stand still until someone else appears, or the buyer or seller leaves the market.

I am interested only in the direction forecast for the current week, all last week I expected only growth - have worked fine, and this week I can not even guess, they should go down, but up it seems not over yet

The price remains unchanged until a third party appears, or else the buyer or the seller leaves the market. It's simple: we get a crowd of "hamsters" on BUY or SELL and then you know what happens.)

The movement is true, it comes from the price difference - and someone will be in the red - if there is a movement.

DragonSL:

Margaret, sorry, a little off-topic from the general flub, back to our rams (Eurodollar): the stock markets have seen the blue chips rise, including the Dow going up by almost 1.5%, now what happens: metals and exotics under attack, while the euro and dollar are racing ahead?

It was Friday, the 1st of the month, the beginning of the quarter and half-year. Thursday was the last day of the month, the quarter and the half-year, which means adjustments to the reports.

These are the days when the big players settle their financial matters:

• central banks of states
  • market makers
  • exporting/importing companies
  • insurance companies
  • corporate investors
  • Investment funds and hedge funds
  • Intermediaries providing market access for private individuals and legal entities.

It is the large banks that can have a serious impact on the market because they can buy or sell currencies in very large volumes. They also create the main liquidity and cash flow. Therefore, very important market news are those that are directly related to the policies of central banks of different countries and major international banks.

Central banks are the biggest market players and they do not impose any formal restrictions on price movements. However, they play a regulatory role by determining the level of key interest rates. Banks carry out open market operations to buy or sell securities, expressing their wishes to market participants and evaluating the situation. Also, in special cases they reserve the right to intervene directly in the currency (buy or sell the national currency in order to prevent it from further cheapening or appreciating).

Mathemat:

Short is because short of, 'short of'. It has nothing to do with the movement of stocks, as far as I know.

Interestingly, there is the expression "short sell", but there is no "short buy".

I reread your post only realised what you meant, of course it has nothing to do with the movement, I bent my line thinking that the question was why a short sale is called.

))))

Martingeil:
Short is only on the stock exchanges, some have simply adopted it, there can be no short position on the forex, short on stocks is called because the stock is falling faster than rising, hence the concept of short long.
Not exactly. The terminology really comes from there. In stock trading there is such a thing as a dividend. When you buy them, they accrue, and when you sell them, they are written off. That is why stock sales are not held for long: they are closed as soon as acceptable profits are made. That is why a short position is a short position, in the sense of a short hold, but it is also a synonym for selling, since it is irrelevant for buying. There is a joke that says that an unsuccessful stock purchase can put a speculator trader into the category of investors. That is, the dividends accrued daily when buying can compensate for a failed entry point.

DragonSL:

Nearest target is 1.4573

not a bad target, all that remains is to find a bank willing to buy the euro from you at 1.4573 when you close your position ;)

Reason: