Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 78

seb:
Hello Mr Phoenix, and the others. Thanks to everybody for the work.

I use for real Phoenix 4, and i have backtested it a lot. But i am not so enthusiastic.

One big problem for me is that you have differents results depend on when you start the EA. Why don't you let the EA open and buy more than 1 order ?

It will validate or not the signals you have and stabilize the EA.

i have changed the start fonction to enable the EA to open a buy or sell order each time a signal occurs, and i wait 15min between 2 orders.

void start()

{

if(Bars<100 || IsTradeAllowed()==false) return;

if((CurTime()-LastTradeTime)<900) return(0); // 15min

if(CalculateCurrentOrders(Symbol())<=1000) CheckForOpen();

CheckForClose();

}

the CalculateCurrentOrders fonction return (buys+sells);

LastTradeTime=CurTime(); // each time an ordersend() is called.

I will backtest it this week, but i wait for your comments.

Hi! Can u post all code from

//======================Start function=======================

This is all changes what i need in the code. Or sendd me in PM changed ea.

I have created virtual environments for my MetaQuotes installation. I will use a professional 24/7 connected data center with redundant power companies, onsite generators, redundant fiber connections. I also have tools to detect if MetaQuotes crashes and restart it. I plan to offer this as an EA hosting service. Probably nowhere near as good as Metaquotes offers for the contest you are winning, but very reliable and still something that can be controlled. I'm also going to look into the multiple terminals concept more, so I could manually close trades at home while the datacenter runs the EA. The datacenter will likely have half as many machines to cross, which would lower the requote rate I expect.

That said, I would probably have SL and TP levels far in excess of what I actually think is reasonable in case of war, flood, huge news events, etc. Basically these would be "no poverty" style settings, and not my regular trading signals.

Nice Idea

alamanjani:
I've posted this on the 'sisters' thread at forexfactory and I know many read both threads, but for those that don't, I'm reposting this here:

I have two ideas. First one is about a little help to Hendrix here on the forum. Every time, when we see keep repeating (not very usefull) questions about time frame etc... addressed to Hendrix, let we jump in - whoever is first - and answer and that way take off Hendrix a little of burden. And Hendrix, you just ingore those questions, let we take care of them.

Second is about sharing. Now mostly Hendrix is sharing with us. Mine idea is, that we start too. My suggestion is, that we all send email's to Hendrix, whith a little description, where we are (live) and what we do.

So, that way, Hendrix get a little group of people, who wanna share back with him. Say, Hendix need something, he can ask the group, if someone know/can help....

If he is going for a trip around the world, he may be in the neighborhood of someone and that one may help him with something....

That way, there would be two way sharing... much more fair.

A VERY NICE IDEA INDEED, alamanjani

We work together then we will advance a lot,

Forget about arrogance and inner selfish,

then we'll have a good time here.

I tried every mode which Phoenix offers, In my opinion mode 1 is the most stable among the others (at least with my result). Mode 3 sometimes gives negative result (maybe because it opens 3 position at once)

I dont know about the results of others, but I think Phoenix mode 1 is better for stable profit.

(I am trying with 0.1 lot back testing USD/JPY M15)

Hidding stop sell order

Hendrick:
Hi Daraknor!

As always, a very professional post from you! But hiding the TP and SL for your broker: is this really a good idea? As we know it's not too difficult to change an EA so it hides the TP and SL to your broker. But what if you loose your connection with your broker for let's say more than 24 hours and in these 24 hours prices went up or down substantially. You could be in serious problems then because your open trades have no SL!

What about an compromise - two stop loss points:

- first one, the 'real' one would be hidden from your broker.

- second one would be set enough away, that wouldn't have influence but if upper described disaster occure (loss of connection) - it helps you get out. Loss would be bigger of course, but maneagable...

Mario

nice EA.....

so nice.......

Forward Test

I have created 4 installation of MT4 terminal on InterbankFX each one with a mini account of USD 500 and leverage 1:400.

I will run 4 versions of Phoenix on each terminal:

- Mode 1 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Mode 2 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Mode 3 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Phoenix contest version - MM True - risk level 0.05 - USDJPY

I will start them tomorrow night making them running 24 hours until friday then I will post results on Saturday and I will continue in the forecoming weeks. I will let them running with no manual interference. I only trust forward testing.

Bye!

Raf

May you profit...

raffaelegalbiati:
I have created 4 installation of MT4 terminal on InterbankFX each one with a mini account of USD 500 and leverage 1:400.

I will run 4 versions of Phoenix on each terminal:

- Mode 1 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Mode 2 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Mode 3 - 4 pairs - MM True - risk level 0.05

- Phoenix contest version - MM True - risk level 0.05 - USDJPY

I will start them tomorrow night making them running 24 hours until friday then I will post results on Saturday and I will continue in the forecoming weeks. I will let them running with no manual interference. I only trust forward testing.

Bye!

Raf

We are waiting for the best result

God bless

profit

elihayun:
I ran default setup (internal from the code itself), 15M pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY and USDJPY. USDJPY is now +24 pips since yesterday.

USDJPY is default setting, tf m15 on friday, +45 pips

Files:
usdjpy.gif  81 kb

Historical data

Hi,

I went to www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php to download historical data according to Model Quality document. The link is no long available. Is there an other site for historical data? Please help. Thanks.

Frankie

If you download the MT4 platform from metaquotes.net and install their MIG demo, when you go into Tools, History Center, choose your pair and hit download on the bottom left corner it will download every timeframe for the pair from 1999 till Sept 06.

I notice none of my other MT4 platforms have this option.

Then I close the history center and open a chart. Once I choose refresh it seems to fill in any missing information.

GL

Reason: