Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 110

fikko:
It sounds good if you had been working for prototype. My interest is with BioDiesel which can be a great energy source within next few years. I am still in learning mode, before actually creating a real commercial plant. So hopefully Phoenix can perform well...

Good to see there are other green people here as well. Are any of you vegan?

Me 2

fikko:
It sounds good if you had been working for prototype. My interest is with BioDiesel which can be a great energy source within next few years. I am still in learning mode, before actually creating a real commercial plant. So hopefully Phoenix can perform well...

I am also developing a project for biodiesel production. Still searching. The biggest problem seems to be the cheap natural oil source needed. Oil from algae is out of my reach, but i am searching a crop: acrocomia totai. With a little selection and proper management, this baby can yield +10.000 lts. of oil per hectarea !!!

Well, lets back to bussines. If this ea make big money, maybe the next diesel you poor in your vehicle will be from my biodiesel plant hehehe

Ducati:

I do not know we have so many green people in Phoenix? No I am not vegan....

fxnewbie:
I am also developing a project for biodiesel production. Still searching. The biggest problem seems to be the cheap natural oil source needed. Oil from algae is out of my reach, but i am searching a crop: acrocomia totai. With a little selection and proper management, this baby can yield +10.000 lts. of oil per hectarea !!! Well, lets back to bussines. If this ea make big money, maybe the next diesel you poor in your vehicle will be from my biodiesel plant hehehe

I am investigating algae, can reach 100,000 ltrs of oil per hectares. 25 times more productive than palm. But I prefer to use gasoline for my own car..

You will not get money form this EA easily. Let's watch for this month and next month...

fikko:
I am investigating algae, can reach 100,000 ltrs of oil per hectares. 25 times more productive than palm. But I prefer to use gasoline for my own car.. You will not get money form this EA easily. Let's watch for this month and next month...

Yeah, i know...algae is great, but as i say, out of my reach (for now)

Brazilians are the most advanced biodiesel researchers in the world now (i hear that they make suscessful ea s too)

Maybe we can win if we work together. Lets see...

Pure economics, sustainability and ecology post.

This is something I have done for several years, studying different systems for sustainability. The issue with using palm or peanuts to make biodiesel is that it would take 7 Earths covered in crops only growing biodiesel in order to meet current demand. There are two complicating factors to this, the first being that oil is converted into fertilizer in order to achieve that level of productivity. The second is that Biodiesel doesn't allow us to create the other products that we currently get from oil. Almost all have replacements like plastic from corn, but Jet Engines and Cargo Ships have no cost effective alternative fuel sources. We can use other chemicals in lieu of jet fuel, but they are expensive and would require all new engines. The international shipping is all done by the lowest grade of fuel, and they consume massive quantities (mid size cargo ship spends 500k USD per day on fuel bought at 20 cents per gallon). Biodiesel can't replace these. Of course, we also don't have 7 Earths to spend fueling our addiction to oil.

The alternatives discussed all have various flaws, hydrogen requires electricity and transportation, algae requires large infrastructure, ethanol has a net negative energy rating (but is a useful byproduct), electric cars including the Tesla motors car require expensive batteries that last less than 5 years (priced at $4-6 per gallon equivalent of gas), etc. I want to make a city that uses electric trains and moving sidewalks. I have some details posted, but that is the reason I entered the Forex market. I am hoping to have a city only currency, and then an exchanged currency between cities. Sounds crazy I know, but city-only currencies embody a lot of the paradigms of shopping locally and supporting the local economy.

Right now I am growing spirulina algae for human (medicinal and nutritional) consumption. The starter cultures were difficult ot obtain, and very small. Since it doubles every few days to about once per week, I'm nearing my goals and will start harvesting soon. I am also using LEDs to grow plants, and my systems efficiency is approximately 20x more efficient than sunlight, if 20% efficient solar cells are used. (30% efficient solar cells means 30x as efficient as sunlight.)

I would recommend Biodiesel as part of septic treatment, possibly using thermal depolymerization producing fuel and fertilizer. The ethanol from cellulose projects are frightening, and may lead to a "green goo" death where plants don't exist.

Forex profits (or donations) would go to manufacturing run of the Light Kits for indoor gardening, prototype for a windmill modification, and/or construction on the city with free basic phone, free basic food and free basic housing. (Long distance, restaurants and larger apartments would all cost money - but residents could choose their luxuries.)

I don't want to derail the Phoenix thread too much, but I would like to start a Phoenix Fund. I'm done doing paid programming for the day, so I will work on polishing the next weekly release of Phoenix now.

I finished my sustainability rant in time to make a ton of fixes, minor edits, etc to Phoenix. Version 5.6.6 has been released in post 1 of https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

Post 1 and 2 have been updated with current info, as promised. If you are willing to do some testing, there are a lot of changes!

I commented the code changes fairly thoroughly and most changes are easily reversed by deleting and adding // in front of lines.

We all look forward to your results, criticism and ideas!

Ducati:

I eat organic when I can, but as a very brittle diabetic I can't go vegetarian. All vegetarian sources of protein are not recommended for me due to overlapping health issues. Chicken is recommended though, so I eat a lot of it. My health based interests are traditional chinese medicine, ayurveda, telomerase, Aquarius water, work by Dr Robert Becker, and living a sustainable lifestyle.

I used MACD-Sample EA to backtest 3 brokers on same USDCHF. Bokers are FXDD, IBFX, NF.

1. Downloaded latest History Data from Alpari History Data Center. http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.html

2. used Period_Converter script to convert M1 data to remaining timeframes for each Broker.

3. Date Range: 2006.05.17 - 2006.11.24.

4. H1 timeframe & Deposit $3,000.

5. Settings for Backtest

TakeProfit=100

Lots=0.1

TrailingStop=60

MACDOpenLevel=4

MACDCloseLevel=4

MATrendPeriod=25

6. Results.

FXDD Results

Profit- $973.18, MD 4.79%, Profit Trades 28, Loss Trades 5.

FXDD Chart

IBFX Results

Profit- $601.44, MD 8.44%, Profit Trades 25, Loss Trades 6.

IBFX Chart

FN Results

Profit- $937.72, MD 4.76%, Profit Trades 28, Loss Trades 5.

FN Chart

Summary:

FXDD and FN results are virtually the same. IBFX results were off (down) by over 30%. I don't know which Broker's backtest reuslts are closer to forward or live results, but these results should make a concern on which Broker is used when using the MT4 Strategy Tester in EA development and confrimation. Side by Side Demo and LIve results are needed to clarify which Broker's backtest results.

Wackena

Wackena, Thanks so much! I have heard good things about fxdd lately, including live matching demo data. I have a history file I'm going to look over as well. Does anyone have good or bad experiences with FXDD?

Reason: