Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 7

Bench J:
In history center you can export.. open-high-low-close .. but not the indicator values.. does any one know how to export indicator values as well ? thank you..

Write a custom indicator

Help on CSV Files

hi

dear friends

i need an indicator to save me the CSV files instead of using "ctrl+s" automatically

so i want the format is the same as metatrader's CSV's

thanks

New Excel Trading Technology

SpoozTools.com soon will be offering new trading technology to individual clients. It seems to be be getting a good reception from major trading houses. IHUB discussion board is a good source of DD.

This link is for a video demo of this new trading technology.

Import Weekly Data into an excel Sheet

Guys,

Do u know how I can import data from weekly chart into an excel sheet?

I want to import for example

date of week, opening price of the week and closing price of the week

live and historical.

any way to do this?

Regards

hi

mosad2:
Guys,

Do u know how I can import data from weekly chart into an excel sheet?

I want to import for example

date of week, opening price of the week and closing price of the week

live and historical.

any way to do this?

Regards

did u mean export ?

open your MT4 go to tools ===> History Center ====> find your weekly data ======> export that's it

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

If you take a look in your metatrader folder you'll see a file called 'DDE-Sample.xls'. If you open this you'll see how data is imported via dde.

Regards

Lux

Help with EXcel

Hi fellow traders.

You know it is possible to export data from MT4 to excel. I have done this, but I only want to use the closing prices.

The way the exported file is constructed, I cannot select only the close.

Does anybody know how you can seperate the values in the exported file, in Excel? There seems to be just one big cell that has date,time,open,high,low,close,volume. I only need close.

Thank you.

McDuck:
Hi fellow traders.

You know it is possible to export data from MT4 to excel. I have done this, but I only want to use the closing prices.

Does anybody know how you can seperate the values in the exported file, in Excel? There seems to be just one big cell that has date,time,open,high,low,close,volume. I only need close.

Thank you.

If you just double click the file to open, then you'll end up with everything all mixed together in one cell.

To get around this problem, you need to use Excels file import wizard. Click "Data" on the main menu, then "Import External Data" then "Import Data"

The wizard will start, and you'll need to select the file you want to import, and specify what delimiter is being used etc. Each value will then end up in a column of its own.

hope this helps.

Hi

McDuck:
Hi fellow traders.

Thank you.

Edited... I understood the problem wrong..

How to import data from excel?

can mt4 import data from excel (or from text file)?

It seems difficult for me,can someone help me? thanks!

Reason: