Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 76

Mode 3

giapel:
hi raffaele,

i am thinking that mode3 is too much risk; mode 1 is safer.

now, i am forward-testing Phoenix with mode 1 and mode1 combinated mode2.

bye, giapel

Dear Giapel,

I do not think mode 3 is more risky because the trade is splitted in 3 parts. Of course there is a minimum of lot the platform accepts anyway I see that with a mini-account leaving risk at 0.05 and microaccounts=falso risk is limited.

If you want to risk less and your broker permits it you can set microaccounts=true (like I did by mistake my very first real trade) and on mini-accounts it gives you 1 pip = 1 cent! Less risky than this...

Anyway I would like to understand better many statemennt posted here.

If they are backtests I am really not interested in them. If they are forward tests I cannot understand how they can give negative results as Phoenix 5 is really recent and I tested it on different PCs, different time and different brokers but it has beeen ALWAYS profitable. I always used 4 pairs mode3.

Regards.

raffaelegalbiati:
Dear Giapel,

I do not think mode 3 is more risky because the trade is splitted in 3 parts. Of course there is a minimum of lot the platform accepts anyway I see that with a mini-account leaving risk at 0.05 and microaccounts=falso risk is limited.

If you want to risk less and your broker permits it you can set microaccounts=true (like I did by mistake my very first real trade) and on mini-accounts it gives you 1 pip = 1 cent! Less risky than this...

Anyway I would like to understand better many statemennt posted here.

If they are backtests I am really not interested in them. If they are forward tests I cannot understand how they can give negative results as Phoenix 5 is really recent and I tested it on different PCs, different time and different brokers but it has beeen ALWAYS profitable. I always used 4 pairs mode3.

Regards.

@raffaelegalbiati

Good for you if Phoenix is working,

but I hope you can attached us the detailed report like draknor so we can discuss together, why someone win and the other one loses using the same EA

ANCOLL:
@Ross

Thanks Ross,

I knew that the past was doing good with this EA, what I concern is the day ahead...

Will this system still give profit result? Or should we discuss to make it better?

That's why I tested it only within 2 months back.

Hi Ancoll,

I think what Ross was trying to say is that your Modelling Quality should be 90% instead of 30% if you want to have reliable testing results. It's not about the period you used for testing.

Mode 3

ANCOLL:
@raffaelegalbiati

Good for you if Phoenix is working,

but I hope you can attached us the detailed report like draknor so we can discuss together, why someone win and the other one loses using the same EA

Dear Ancoll,

I already posted yesterday detailed statement of my real trades for the week: 4 pairs, mode 3, mini-account with IBFX.

Monday my account was usd 499 and friday it was 560 before entering some trades almost at the end of trading day. I wait till monday to comment these last trades.

If Contest version of Phoenix made huge gains and all my tests (not backtests of course) are positive I would like to examine detailed statements loosing money for week 6-10 nov. 2006 in order to understand how and were they lost money.

I am not sure mode 3 should be abandoned...

Thanks to all.

Raffaele

raffaelegalbiati:
Dear Ancoll,

I already posted yesterday detailed statement of my real trades for the week: 4 pairs, mode 3, mini-account with IBFX.

Monday my account was usd 499 and friday it was 560 before entering some trades almost at the end of trading day. I wait till monday to comment these last trades.

If Contest version of Phoenix made huge gains and all my tests (not backtests of course) are positive I would like to examine detailed statements loosing money for week 6-10 nov. 2006 in order to understand how and were they lost money.

I am not sure mode 3 should be abandoned...

Thanks to all.

Raffaele

Hi Raffaele,

I'm very interested in the results of your further tests of mode 3! Thanks for your contribution!

Mode 3

Just to be more precise: the statement I posted yesterday shows some trades that I closed by hand. I find very interesting Phoenix mode 3 but of course I could have done more pips because sometimes (not all the day ) I monitored my account and decided to close some position.

But, as many of us, I am looking for the "money machine" so I decided to start a demo account with Phoenix mode 3 on IBFX leaving it working totally automatic from Sunday night to Friday night. I started it on 9 nov. at 20:00 CET (I live in Italy). At the moment I cannot post statement because unfortunately on 9 Nov. on that demo account I have other 4 trades made by another expert (next week I will post only Phoenix trades) but making the sum of winning and loosing trades Phoenix made exactely 16.69$ in about 24 hours opening 3 trades of 0.10 lots each on mini account (that is 10 cents every pip). If I had used 1 pip = 1$ the gain could have been $ 166.90 (am I wrong?) that is not bad for just 1 day.

My live account made 60 $ in 4 days that could have been 600$ using full mini-lots and mantaining the risk still under control.

Hendrick uses 5 standard lots on each trade in the contest (I remember) so try to make your calculations and tell me if I could not be at the Caribbeans now if only I were a brave man!

If I wrote stupid things please do not flame me but just make me understand where I am wrong.

Thanks.

Raffaele

Thank you daraknor, that is good to know.

raffaelegalbiati:

If they are forward tests I cannot understand how they can give negative results as Phoenix 5 is really recent and I tested it on different PCs, different time and different brokers but it has beeen ALWAYS profitable. I always used 4 pairs mode3.

That's easy. Different brokers have different quality of data for free accounts...

Also spreads. For example, at Crown Forex, you have for many curencies 10 pips spread. So trade need to go in 'correct' direction 9 more pips in my case (Crown) comparing to your broker if it has only one pip spread. So you can book profit (I'm close) then pair turn in the oposite direction and I may have loss.

So, when you post your statements, post your brokers, and what spread you have with them.

More informations we gather here, better will be results for everyone.

Help

Hallo Hendrick. I have Problems with Phoenix vers 5. Installation and activation all o.k. But no order accepted by neuimex. errorcode 139 order blocked. Do you know what to do. Versions no 4 and contest running good.

Thanks. karl

karl:
Hallo Hendrick. I have Problems with Phoenix vers 5. Installation and activation all o.k. But no order accepted by neuimex. errorcode 139 order blocked. Do you know what to do. Versions no 4 and contest running good. Thanks. karl

What kind of demo-account are you using (mini, micro, normal). What are your settings for MM, PrefSettings and MicroIsAccount? Are you using the latest version 5.6.03? Have you changed the setting for Lots?

Reason: