Trying to get 99% accuracy

Well I'm trying to get 99% accuracy so that my EA can eventually leave the back testing stage.

I downloaded tick story but it doesn't seem to be showing any data (the pairs don't have an earliest and latest date)

When I try and run birts ticksuite I get an error messege telling me the the executable file.

"Failed to start MT4 client.

Please ensure that the MT4 executable file is in the same folder as tds.exe and is named terminal.exe, mt4.exe or terminal.exe"

Help would really be appreciated.

I can ensure that tickstory can create correct fxt and hst files and do start terminal.exe (b610) to use them - currently I am backtesting that way..

gooly:
I can ensure that tickstory can create correct fxt and hst files and do start terminal.exe (b610) to use them - currently I am backtesting that way..

I'm not saying it can't I want to know how I can fix the issue.

Time Message
01-03-2014 18:57 Error occurred during download: The operation has timed out (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/EURUSD/2007/00/01/23h_ticks.bi5)

Time Message
01-03-2014 19:23 Error occurred during download: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory Lite\AUDUSD\2009\02\01' is denied. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/AUDUSD/2009/02/01/23h_ticks.bi5)

Looks like the issue was not running tickstory in admin mode, wow.

Well I guess I need to deal with tick suite now then.

I am using TickData Downloader v 1.1 (http://www.strategyquant.com/tickdatadownloader/) to download the tick data - Tickstory forces me to do it one by one :((

To create fxt- and hst files form this database has never been a problem.

Beside that all prg. involved (mt4, tickstory and downloader) are installed by me as user in non Windows Folder (C:\Program Files (x86), ..) - not as admin!! shitty win 7 :(

This could be the problem - maybe you should re-install everything ( I did that too - shitty win 7)

gooly

Seems to be downloading fine now, I did change it to admin.

Now when I want to launch mt4 using tickstory for backtesting I get another error.

"A suitable launcher could not be found for you're metatrader version....(then it goes on to list the version that it had tried)"

Apparently and FXT overwrite is prevented and there is a fixed spread.

It seems that the version of Tickstory does not fit with your mt4 version:

TS v1.3 is for mt4 b600+

Wow, got 99%, I thought it only had a big difference in scalping EAs.

I had to lessen my Lot sizes and make a lot of my triggers significantly more sensitive and I'm using minimum 4 hour periods, what on Earth..

I don't understand how a lack of tick data can result in the miscalculation of such large movements, I'm quite astonished.

Ok it wasn't the spread, but I think I have the wrong currency data, because I removed dukascopy and tried with the Oanda data there was a ginormous discrepancy there is no way tick data (or a lack there of) can cause such a discrepancy.

I must have installed it incorrectly... oh brother, 99% modelling doesn't mean 99% accurate data, maybe some of the files were mixed up during exportation, (like eur/usd and usd/aug or something).

I really wanted that 99%.

Aah I didn't fine tune tickstory to match my broker.

Data from different brokers can be very different. It is difficult to understand how brokers price quotes are calculated and difficult to find information. But I can tell you if you compare different brokers price quotes at the same time they can vary by a lot, one time I did this and saw 20 pip differences. I also think if an EA is profitable when backtesting on one brokers price data and not on another, then using that EA to trade would be a throw of the dice.

Reason: