How to improve modelling quality

Hi all,

I've got an EA which I want to backtest but the modelling quality was 67.7% why is that? Also the backtest goes back 2 months only. Is it because I need to backtest it during market hours?

Regards,

mrkarwaing

mrkarwaing:

Hi all,

I've got an EA which I want to backtest but the modelling quality was 67.7% why is that? Also the backtest goes back 2 months only. Is it because I need to backtest it during market hours?

Regards,

mrkarwaing

Hi mrkarwaing,

If you are not satisfied with modeling quality and/or history, open a (demo) account with another broker.

Remarks:

1. You may already know that you don't have to install MetaTrader more than one time unless you want to run it in parallel. So after you have opened a (demo) account with another broker, open the Navigator Window within MetaTrader, right click on accounts, then "Open Account" and "add new broker" in the window with the trading servers.

2. Using timeframes greater than 1 hour you may should check the candle open and close times compared to your live broker. E.g. the daily timeframe may has Sunday candles on some brokers because trade servers of different brokers may have different time zone settings. So every candle greater than 1 hour timeframe may be shifted one or several hours resulting in different OHLC prices. This may affect your backtests.
Regards

I am looking for a way of improving modelling quality too. I think it would be good to have the historical center in MT5 just like the MT4 have.

Very well known saying  Garbage in Garbage out.  If you data is poor, your testing results is not reliable.

Regards

Reason: