FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 22

cja:
The latest indicator updates, changed the Comments Text size and colours and recoded the Open Line.

t_s_r-data_window2.mq4

Thank you CJA. Excellent work. Blessed weekend.

fxdiva:

I'm still trading the system on and off - it works a lot better on demo than real . . . at least for me.

Thanks for the response.

Happy pipping,

You cannot just trade on and off. Consistency is a part of being disciplined and that is very important to being successful as a trader. Why won't you trade is consistently if you are making pips?

If you want to make a whole lot of pips a whole lot faster, you are just kidding yourself. Anyone telling you that you can do it without taking on huge risks, is lying. As you have mentioned that you are a beginner, then why not start small. Trade with discipline and stick to the rules no matter what. You know what is the best way to eat an elephant... right? By taking small bites of it

Keep your greed to earn that million dollars fast in check and you will do well. Think about it, if everyone was earning million dollars a year then there wouldn't be any markets as the way we know it... right?

Good Luck.

Maji:
You cannot just trade on and off. Consistency is a part of being disciplined and that is very important to being successful as a trader. Why won't you trade is consistently if you are making pips?

I trade it on and off because I do a whole lot better manually and I sometimes forget to turn it on on my demo account.

I have someone working on an ea for me that should allow me to capture pips closer to the way I do it manually and I'll see how that goes.

I've learned a lot from being in the various forums. I've been trading for a little over a couple of years and I'm doing well enough to resign my teaching job rigth now, but I'm going to wait until May at the end of the school year.

What I'm new to is the concept of ea's. I want to find one that is closer to my trading style. I would really like someone to make an ea from the BrainTrendsig2 indicator.

I've been playing with the code in an attempt to get an alert and text message when the arrows appear, but it was giving me an alert every time the price moved.

Do you have any suggestions on that?

Cja,

thanks for the modifications in the indicator, it looks great like this.

Regards

Azfar

fxdiva:
I trade it on and off because I do a whole lot better manually and I sometimes forget to turn it on on my demo account.

I have someone working on an ea for me that should allow me to capture pips closer to the way I do it manually and I'll see how that goes.

I've learned a lot from being in the various forums. I've been trading for a little over a couple of years and I'm doing well enough to resign my teaching job rigth now, but I'm going to wait until May at the end of the school year.

What I'm new to is the concept of ea's. I want to find one that is closer to my trading style. I would really like someone to make an ea from the BrainTrendsig2 indicator.

I've been playing with the code in an attempt to get an alert and text message when the arrows appear, but it was giving me an alert every time the price moved.

Do you have any suggestions on that?

I have no idea what is braintrend. Sorry.

Be careful, a lot of these "new" indicators repaint the past, so use carefuly discretion and do your due diligence before jumping in with real money.

kevmcfoster:
the time frame wouldn't matter coz the system is based on the daily range. All you would need is a calculator and discipline to stick to the rules. You can do this on any time frame from 1 minute to daily kev

Kev, how would one do this on a daily chart? My problem with this method is that my broker (Oanda) does not have trailing stops, so I would have to manually trail the price which equates to looking at the chart every pip. I'm in the air 4 days a week and can't do that.

Any suggestions?

Whatever Happened to IGO?

Igor used to post pips per day, where did he go? It is amazing to see so many people start threads like this and then vanish.

mikejody:
Igor used to post pips per day, where did he go? It is amazing to see so many people start threads like this and then vanish.

I second that. Maybe they are no longer testing the system, maybe they see no value in it, maybe they have nothing to add to it, maybe they have posted to too many threads to respond to all, etc.... It could be many things. Once I read a very long thread in another forum just to find that the system is a consistent loser, but there are still users trying to improve it. I have also seen threads started by a user which no longer wants to be involved in the system, so many like that....

When I test a system in forward testing, if its been a loser consistently, I just do not bother with it anymore. I am not saying this system is a loser or of no value, just one cannot devote so much time to it, there are only so many hours in a day... Maybe if I have discovered the fountain of youth and live eternally :-)

Maji:
I have no idea what is braintrend. Sorry. Be careful, a lot of these "new" indicators repaint the past, so use carefuly discretion and do your due diligence before jumping in with real money.

Okay, thanks for the advise, I'll have to double check for that.

Happy pipping,

BrainTrend dont repaint FxDiva.

HTH

Happy Trading

Bluefish

Reason: