FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 20

I think that Igor found that over a longer period of time that this strategy lost money. However, I do believe he said that this wasn't the case when the strategy adopted a wait 'til the close of the candle before entering a trade. Adopting this strategy made it very profitable. I would have thought the the close of candle would have been for a lowr tf. I guess I am stating the obvious.

AHI:
when did you opened these trades? on friday???

The ea opened them this morning. I turned my computer on last night around 10pm EST.

I'm finding that I capture more pips if I close the trades manually as opposed to allowing the ea to do so.

I'm interested in seeing what mpower and igor have to say . . . they seem to have had the most success with this system.

Is that your pic FxDiva?

What?

Ader1:
Is that your pic FxDiva?

Yes it is, why?

Nice pic....Anyway, maybe Igor will give you a fuller reply in time but I think that he and people like Hans (of Hans123 system) do not close out their trades manually as leaving them open will prove to be more profitable in the long term. When I mean manually, I mean before the time which they have worked out to be the optimum in terms of pip gain.

Ader1:
Nice pic....Anyway, maybe Igor will give you a fuller reply in time but I think that he and people like Hans (of Hans123 system) do not close out their trades manually as leaving them open will prove to be more profitable in the long term. When I mean manually, I mean before the time which they have worked out to be the optimum in terms of pip gain.

I'm not sure if that's it or not. It's just that the times I allowed the ea to close the trades I only gained 30 pips as opposed the 89 pips that I would have had if I had closed the trades myself.

On anohter day I had -25 or so instead of a positive 74pips had I closed the trade myself.

So, it seems as though the ea is opening okay, it just loses a lot of the profit on several occasions.

I'd be more than happy only gaining 20 pips every day on the majors and GBP/USD is averaging about 40-45 daily when I close manually.

I'm almost ready to try altering the ea to enter at 1/4 of the daily range (and also use that as a stop) and take profit at 1/2 the daily range just to see how that goes.

How has the ea been performing for you?

I havn't been employing this method FXDiva but I am interested in it. I hope that Igor will pop by and give you a fuller answer but he will I am sure say something like I did above but in a more knowledgeable way. Yes, on two occasions you would have been better off closing early as you did but do you want to be more profitable on two or more occasions or more profitable in the longer term? Good trading.

Ader1:
Look at post 84 of the link below..... http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?p=172010#post172010

I know. . . IGor has said that somewhere in this forum as well, but I just can't stand to sit by and watch all those pips get away from me.

I'm also not sure that my cet number is set correctly. The program says 14 for IBFX so, I'm going with that; I really think that's too high.

The IBFX servers are in Salt Lake City, so I really think my number should be more like 7.

fxdiva:
I know. . . IGor has said that somewhere in this forum as well, but I just can't stand to sit by and watch all those pips get away from me.

I'm also not sure that my cet number is set correctly. The program says 14 for IBFX so, I'm going with that; I really think that's too high.

The IBFX servers are in Salt Lake City, so I really think my number should be more like 7.

IBFX servers are set to GMT = 0.

Reason: