FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 25

cja:
Here is the indicator requested - i have added in an option to turn off the GRAPHICS & GRAPHICS TEXT, hope this is what you are after.

t_s_r-daily_range_display2a.mq4

Hi CJA,

TNX! very much for your contributions.

Is there a way that you could make those color fields historical ?...

So one can go over some charts or other pairs or indexes like oil or e-mini so he could have a feel if it profitable to trade this syetm on other pairs or indexes.

TNX a lot in advance...

regards...iGoR

TSR Daily Range

Hello Everyone,

I have questions ref the correct indicator for TSR Daily Range......What is

the correct version? I have both the TSR Daily Range Display #4 TextShift &

the TSR Daily Range Display #5. Also on the right side of my chart the High,

Low & Open are not fully displayed, I can only see the first letter for each

title. Are these version recalculating on the NY close @ 5:00pm as I am in

the Atlanta area Eastern Standard Time. Thanks for any answers.

I am very interested in these BreakOut Indicators as they fit well with my

other trading method that is centered around the GANN Fame.

Thanks to CJA & all others that have put these indicators together.

$Trader

(TSR) Daily Average Range #5

Now the Daily average % can be changed in the inputs tab, the standard FACTOR is 4 but a FACTOR of 3 will give a bigger % of the average and a FACTOR number like 6 will give earlier entries

t_s_r-daily_range_display5.mq4

t_s_r-daily_range_display6.mq4

The alarm sound i use cannot be posted so you will have to load your own wav file, I will try to zip it and see if that works. It did not work so you will have to add your own sound file.

t_s_r_signal_alert_alarm_7.mq4

TSR #2 modified

Here is the indicator requested - i have added in an option to turn off the GRAPHICS & GRAPHICS TEXT, hope this is what you are after.

t_s_r-daily_range_display2a.mq4

t_s_r-daily_range_display2a_o_c_w.mq4

Hi, Igor

Судя по имени, вы наверное русский. Эсли так, скажите, пожалуйста, на каких русскоязычных форумах можно встретить обсуждение подобной стратегии?

??????????????????????????????????????????

serhio:
Hi, Igor Are you Russian (acording to the name)? If so, please, tell me: on which Russian forex forums your systems (or similar system) were described?

Hi serhio

Sorry that I am replying (I am not Igor) but many people don't understand Russian so I will reply.

I don't know iGoR but as I understand he is not Russian. As to his systems on the other forums so I have no idea. Ask iGoR but in English please.

in Russian:

Я его лично не знаю, но думаю, что никакого отношения к России и СНГ он не имеет. Мне так кажется. О его системах на русских форумах - спроси iGoR'я, только по английски.

ea profit taking...

OK so i've read the entire thread and downloaded the indicators for manually trading the system. At the same time i downloaded the EA. I know this thread has apparently died down as far as traffic/posts though i'm hoping someone using the EA can chime in here.

All is working with the EA, upon opening 6 of the majors (at the Asian open Friday) and setting MM false and lots to trade at 0.01 for testing purposes there were 4 trades initiated within moments. I watched the GbpJpy go +58 pips only to retrace back to +8 and now it's at +30 all before London Open Friday morning. So am i correct in stating that there is no take profit setting on this EA except for the close at XX time?

I did read iGor's statement over at StratB site i see the point he is making, though there is also the "Never let a winner turn into a loser". I mean it was up 58 pips! Surely most traders would not allow such a trade to go negative on them? I know i would never allow it if trading manually.

I'm wondering if a management EA that places a trail stop once the price moves beyond entry +XX pips might be a good thing? Each of these trades went positive up to at least 15 pips...then two of them retraced to entry before L.O. as i post this. One of the trades that was up over 40 is now down 20. I understand the idea of catching the big moves, though there is still the negative idea of turing a win to a loss.

What i'm wondering is if there is such a push in most trades entered to go XX pips in the direction entered, why would we give all of them back and turn it into a loser?

Thanks for any insights.

Thom

further ea testing??? could we begin a new thread??

Hi all, I've followed iGor for sometime and i know the above post is my first iGor post so i might be considered a newbe here...though at FF i might be considered a seasoned poster/helper/idea-guy. The reason for this post is I am wondering if there is any ongoing interest in the Expert developed for this model, and if so might we begin a new thread devoted to the forward testing of that Expert and it's further development??

In this directory i have placed several screenshots of the mt4 station with details on the trades the FxIgorSystem Expert took. I remember in the iGor PalTalk room iGor stating that today would have been a good day for many systems...i can say it certainly was a good day for this Expert, but i also know EAs...and they can blow out an account as fast as any human if not faster given a license to roam freely.

With the above in mind I am hoping to hook up with like minded individuals that want to see this simple, yet potentialy profitable EA discussed with ideas including entry/use timing, exit timing/turn off, and other general management ideas. The expert performed without issue today and since it was a good day...actually a very rare day i suppose...all 5 trades it initiated closed in profit for a total of about 200ish pips total.

Thanks for thinking this over, i hope we can begin a new thread on the topic, but since i'm new-to-posting-iGor related stuff i wanted to put this out to the gang before doing so.

Cheers,

Thom

guess i'm posting to myself??

Well i would have thought reading through this interesting thread that there would be "interest" in further study of the EA designed around this model...but that may not be the case. Maybe i'm impatient? Hummm. Doubtful. I've given it 4 days, two of which were the weekend...plenty of time for reading and posting. I plan on developing this further so if there are those who wish the same PM me and i'll keep you up to date. Today's demo trades were +100 pips by opening the EA at London Open +15min, and closing out just before US Open.

: ) Thom

Reason: