FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 26

Hi CJA,

I guess the GMT shift option is not working. The open price still the same when I play around with GMT value.

TSR Backtester

iGoR:
Hi CJA,

TNX! very much for your contributions.

Is there a way that you could make those color fields historical ?...

So one can go over some charts or other pairs or indexes like oil or e-mini so he could have a feel if it profitable to trade this system on other pairs or indexes.

TNX a lot in advance...

regards...iGoR

I think this should do what you want, I have managed to at last get a working indicator that can also give a backtest.

I have also posted the latest standard TSR indicator with GMT Shift and many other features.

02/04/2007

Have just discovered that the Historical aspect changes each new day and updates to the new daily averge for the current day, i don't know a way around this at present so i hope this will still be of use to you.

cja

tsr_historical.mq4

t_s_r_signal_alert_alarm_gmt_shift.mq4

boostedtrader:
Hi CJA, I guess the GMT shift option is not working. The open price still the same when I play around with GMT value.

Hi

I just checked the GMTshift and it works for me so i wonder if you have another indicator loaded which has a GMTshift that is conflicting with the TSR??

Hi

just rechecked the GMTshift after the start of the new day and the minus value GMT is not working now so we seem to have an issue with the 1st trading day of the week. The same applies to the Dolly GMTshift because it uses the same code for the GMTshift. I have checked a few other indicators with different time shift codes and they too seem to have a problem?? Anyone got any ideas??

cja

accrete:
Well i would have thought reading through this interesting thread that there would be "interest" in further study of the EA designed around this model...but that may not be the case. Maybe i'm impatient? Hummm. Doubtful. I've given it 4 days, two of which were the weekend...plenty of time for reading and posting. I plan on developing this further so if there are those who wish the same PM me and i'll keep you up to date. Today's demo trades were +100 pips by opening the EA at London Open +15min, and closing out just before US Open. : ) Thom

I have discovered this system recently as I was searhing for new ideas. And I fully agree with your earlier posts. Whatever system we are talking about "the edge" of a trader comes out of his risk control, probability measurements and most of all MONEY management rules. I have the idea to modifiy this system by using TPs and or trailing SLs. Using multiple units. So for example we enter the trade at 50% with 3 units and put TPs at 75% and 100%. for the first and second unit. The third unit we leave to run...when the 75% or 100% is hit we move the the SL of the third unit to BE. that's it. Maybe there are flaws in my thinking but my mania is to concentrate on NOT to loose TOO MUCH.... Or not to give back the gains. (Which in my terms is loosing)..

Regards

Usdjpy

Hi cja/iGoR,

Is this thread dead now? I just hope not

I read through all the posting, and found your system very interesting. Is anyone following the latest indicator posted by cja?

Today was a huge up-down swing for all 4 majors, and LONG/ENTRY position has been reversed!!! See the attached for USDJPY:

LONG Entry: 122.64

SHORT Entry: 122.70

The indicator I am using is the latest posted by cja ((T_S_R) SIGNAL Alert Alarm GMT_Shift.mq4) in post#252.

Hope someone reply....

Files:
usdjpy.jpg  58 kb

Igor do you still use this system ?

T_S_R Daily Range Display # 2

Hi CJA,

Could you please help me to change the color of the background?

( dark Blue, blue & Red)

Thanks.

need help

Hi CJA,

Thanks for creating the TSR Signal GMT Shift and also Fxigor for having such wonder ideas. I have a question on the GMT shift, always confuse me. If i am using North Finance MT4 server, thier server time zone is GMT +2. Will i need to shift the GMT to +2 or just let it be default setting GMT 0? The chart below is using defalut setting.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks.

Matfx

Files:
tsrdynamic.jpg  112 kb

need help for fxigorsystem EA

Hi,

look at the picture below. it is the time 00:00,that EA opened short position at price 1.4747, but the day short entry is far below that ,is 1.4720. whats wrong with that? I use the default settings of the original EA. and it had run well for a couple of days. please inform me , thanks

Files:
1.jpg  257 kb

Short entry

Rokanet:
Hi, look at the picture below. it is the time 00:00,that EA opened short position at price 1.4747, but the day short entry is far below that ,is 1.4720. whats wrong with that? I use the default settings of the original EA. and it had run well for a couple of days. please inform me , thanks

Sorry i do not know anything about the EA only the indicator perhaps the EA is set up to trade with within different parameters, the indicator will only show an entry after price has moved 50% of the Dailiy average.

Reason: