EA for Hull Trend

Is there any available EA for Hull Trend or HMA ?

There is one in elite section: Igorad created HMA_v2 indicator (with dynamic filter PctFilter) and then created EA (there is 3rd version already created together with TesterReport tool for trades visualization on the chart). Some people tested created some settings but i did not test yet.

Here is an EA based off the Hull MA found here:

Hull Moving Average's Trend System - Forex Trading | MetaTrader Indicators and Expert Advisors

With that EA, there was an issue with repainting the Hull MA colors and I think this was solved:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173260

I think it has great potential but the sideway price action really can throw it off. I think with a tight stop loss and profit target it can work great.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Hull EA

Dear coders,

I need your help with this. Few weeks back I found hull based ea. I tested it and it works fine. It just needs some alterations. Unfortunately I am not a programer

1) First problem is, that when this ea is on, it always opens trade on third bar of new trend. I need to change that to second bar. If you make visual backtest in MT4 on 5M Chart(or basicly any other timeframe) youll see that I am right. It really makes big difference.

2) Second thing is, that this ea ends trades too late. I need to set it to end trade right during the HULL average color change and not to wait until the third bar of new trend is opened.(I have lost part of so precious profit)

As you can see, I basicly need for both of these things the same thing. I need a way to define the moment when the color changes. Could anyone help me please please please???

If you could, could you write it to the ea? I am not sure if I could do it myself... As I said, I am not programer.

Thanks,

Josif201

Ea

Uuupsss I forgot to add the EA:)

So there it is. Put EA to standart MT4/experts folder and indicator to MT4/experts/indicator folder

Files:
hma.mq4  4 kb

Hull ea

Could some programer look into that EA that I attached and help me with one thing? I cant figure out how that EA creates exit and entry points. For succesfull ea it is neccessary to modify it a bit and to do so I need to know how does this ea selects these entry and exit orders.

As I already mentiend, this ea makes entry points on third bar after trend change and that is necessary to change either to second bar or to some exact pips after trend change...(I hope you get what I mean)

Originally was this EA operating with those pips after trend change. So for exapmle if there was setted 10 pips, than it waited 10 pips from trend change and than it made entry.

Reviving this Post to get some help

I was hoping to get a little help with this EA. This is the post I made in the original forum where the EA was made/introduced:

I've sat here doing searches and trying to read all the threads pertaining to this EA, but my eyes are burning so now I figure I'll just ask.

The EA has been working well, the only problem I'm finding with it is that it doesn't trigger the Trailing Stop. I've filled out the inputs correctly (I believe) and it just doesn't trigger.

I read the original Bradman thread and I saw that he didn't care about trailing stops and told Scorpion he didn't have to worry about them as he had an ea for that. TS was put in the code tho, but I'm not experienced enough to understand what's going on there.

My question is: Was this trailing stop issue fixed (and if so, could someone direct me to the thread) or was the EA left as is without the trailing stop triggering?

Thanks in advance.

Edit to Add: Also, if Scorpion is available at some point, I was hoping he (or someone) could let me know what to edit in the code to remove the ability for the EA to close orders. My trading style is that I don't use Stop Loss or Take Profit. I use the trailing stop -- I call it trailing profit ;-) --

What I've noticed with this EA is that when there is a reversal of trend, it will close negative balance positions to open a new position with the trend. At the time of writing this, it just gave me two losses back to back. So, I'd like to remove it's ability to close orders if possible. Thank you.

When I finished editing that post to add the last portion, I then flipped back to my MT window and watched as the EA made a buy order 30 pips above the bid price. I'm still in shock from it. Not sure how that happened at all. So, that's 3x now that this EA has made questionable order placements. And honestly, I shut off the EA till I could get some help with it, because just those 3 positions have taken away all the profit I've made today and put me in the negative.

Anyway, so I place the same questions here, if there's anyone that can help me with the coding, or knows of a thread where I can find the answers. Barring that, if anyone knows of a better HMA EA, I'd be happy to look at that as well.

Thank you in advance.

... as the EA made a buy order 30 pips above the bid price

Do you mean a pending order (a Buy stop in your case) since it is impossible to open a regular buy order at that distance from a current price. If it is a pending order than it is completely normal to open it at some distance from the current price (they - pending orders, on the other hand, can not be opened at current price)

gregwendland:
I was hoping to get a little help with this EA. This is the post I made in the original forum where the EA was made/introduced:

When I finished editing that post to add the last portion, I then flipped back to my MT window and watched as the EA made a buy order 30 pips above the bid price. I'm still in shock from it. Not sure how that happened at all. So, that's 3x now that this EA has made questionable order placements. And honestly, I shut off the EA till I could get some help with it, because just those 3 positions have taken away all the profit I've made today and put me in the negative.

Anyway, so I place the same questions here, if there's anyone that can help me with the coding, or knows of a thread where I can find the answers. Barring that, if anyone knows of a better HMA EA, I'd be happy to look at that as well.

Thank you in advance.

True. I should have been clearer. If it was a pending order, I still wouldn't know how that happened since I had that option turned off (I always turn off pending order options as I don't use them) and the market was moving in the opposite direction anyway. The order was placed and I was at an immediate disadvantage position as the market went further away from the position.

I turned off the EA and let it ride and this morning the market finally reached that position again. I ended up with a $2.00 profit on a 20 hour trade.

Thanks for the reply. I've moved on from the Hull Trend EA, however. I had been working on putting together my own system for a couple months and yesterday, I'm not sure why I even used it. Guess I just wanted to see what it could do, since I have to find someone to write the code for my "systems" EA.

Until I find someone willing to write the code for me, or learn myself, I'll just follow my system manually.

hma_trend_ea.mq4I wonder If someone would be kind enough to add a Magic number option to this EA. Thank you So much... Pat

Files:

Pathenry:
hma_trend_ea.mq4I wonder If someone would be kind enough to add a Magic number option to this EA. Thank you So much... Pat

Pathenry

That EA already has a sort of an automatic magic number that depends on the time frame and symbol that the EA is used on. Do you want to replace that with a manual magic number?

Reason: