FXiGoR-(T_S_R) very effective Trend Slope Retracement system - page 11

mpower:
Creztor,

Thank you for taking the time to do a backtest. There is nothing wrong with backtesting--it gives a good idea of the potential of the system. The only problem for me with this system is that looking back at the charts, I see more clearly what has happened, and I see why I wouldn't have taken some trades. In live trading I take some trades, and then realize that the long term lines weren't steep enough, and I took that trade prematurely. I guess it takes practice. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a profiatble system. Good luck to everybody.

Also, the Heiken Ashi candles are very misleading, and tricky to follow when you backtest. They usually show better entry/exit prices...anyway I had never used them so I don't understand them .

This is what I did. Set up the Indicators and go back as far as you can. Now make sure that the day you want to start with is to the right of the screen. With the -> key move forward little by little and check your system.

PeaceOut

mpower:
Creztor,

Thank you for taking the time to do a backtest. There is nothing wrong with backtesting--it gives a good idea of the potential of the system. The only problem for me with this system is that looking back at the charts, I see more clearly what has happened, and I see why I wouldn't have taken some trades. In live trading I take some trades, and then realize that the long term lines weren't steep enough, and I took that trade prematurely. I guess it takes practice. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a profiatble system. Good luck to everybody.

Also, the Heiken Ashi candles are very misleading, and tricky to follow when you backtest. They usually show better entry/exit prices...anyway I had never used them so I don't understand them .

Thats why I used visual back testing, there was no way I could see the final outcome of the trade and I did end up taking trades which caused losses If I had just scrolled back and looked over the day from beginning to end, Id probably never had made a loss.

Rules in backtest

How did you apply the rules in the backtest? Igor tends to be quite conservative and only takes trades that have the necessary candles formations and steep slopes in addition to the signal and execute line rules. In other words do you apply the rules conservatively like Igor or more aggressively?

Thanks for the great job so far!!!

PeaceLover:
This is what I did. Set up the Indicators and go back as far as you can. Now make sure that the day you want to start with is to the right of the screen. With the -> key move forward little by little and check your system. PeaceOut

It is better that you left click with your mouse in the chart and hold (left click and hold) and you move your mouse to the left. This way you can shift your chart bar per bar.

With the -> key you jump to many bars...

regards...iGoR

pippin:
How did you apply the rules in the backtest? Igor tends to be quite conservative and only takes trades that have the necessary candles formations and steep slopes in addition to the signal and execute line rules. In other words do you apply the rules conservatively like Igor or more aggressively? Thanks for the great job so far!!!

The results I got will of course be different to what other people would get. However this is what I did, whenever a trade was setup or coming, Id check wicks. If the wicks of the candles were too long and had been for a few candles and it was doing a lot of sideways movement, I would just sit out. Sometimes that meant I missed good runs, but thats life. Then I would check the s/l and compare it to the range of the day. Im not taking text book setups, I guess you can say I am agressive and if Igor was watching me do the trades he'd probably have slapped me on the ears many times, but by no means am I taking silly or non-existant setups. I was looking for the start of trending movement with price going in one direction and taking any chance at entering on some kind of retrace, be it from a HU or TMH, I wasnt just jumping in and out of trades like a crazy man. But thats what I did and they are my results, which for me show that the system works for e/u.

sg1:
This system is very subjective,

with too many nuances and discretionary rules, that can be bent .

When there is no significant move in prices - it is unprofitable.

Sorry, not for me.

My Reaction is a bit late...

But could you please give us a system or method that can produce nice profits when there is no significant move in price ??....

regards..iGoR

PS. The rules for a text book entry on a "Hickup" or a "take my hand" set up can not be bent. It would be the same for an evening or a morning star formation on candlesticks. One looks better then the other but when it is a text book formation it can not be discussed...(if all the text book formation are profitable is an other issue)

PeaceLover:
This is what I did. Set up the Indicators and go back as far as you can. Now make sure that the day you want to start with is to the right of the screen. With the -> key move forward little by little and check your system. PeaceOut

Hi.

The way i backtest this system (and other systems..) is unlocking the auto scroll button and take the chart back in time to where you want to start your test.

Then you click the F12 button and the chart will move one bar at the time.

If you want the chart to move faster (on this system from cet 18:00 to 08:00) you hold the button down.

You can also use the Strategy Tester (Ctrl+R) to make the chart move automatic like it does in realtime but you set the speed yourself.

It is almost the same as running a backtest with a EA

It is a bit more complicated to explain how to do it but if you search this forum or Google "backtesting in MT4" or something like that you will find tutorial.

Personally i like F12 best for this type of testing.

Hope it helps.

Test result

Hi everyone, i would like first to say thank you Igor for this system and to show him my respect !

This is my backtest of GBPUSD by hand with F12 for september 2006, i write my positions, and then move on forward. This week i hope i will have enough time to test the period from February (North Finance have not full bars of January).

If someone is interested of these results i will post them.

I hope that this system can produce 200+ a month, and with proper money managment can be well used. I noticed that in realtime is much harder to enter and exit on these levels so the results may varry but they are very promising.

BTW NorthFinance are stop hunting , so be carefull with the tight stops.

I notice too that when the stop is OVER 20 pips (incl. spred -4) is not very reasonable to enter and will try to not play then.

One more time IGOR THANK YOU !

Good luck everyone!

Files:

This is not loading right

I'm a little confused when i download these indicators i only get three lines. I even downloaded an Alpari MT4 but the same thing. What am i doing wrong? There is an extra file in the zip folder that is not in meta language, is that supposed to go in scripts? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you to Igor for sharing this.

tammy:
I'm a little confused when i download these indicators i only get three lines. I even downloaded an Alpari MT4 but the same thing. What am i doing wrong? There is an extra file in the zip folder that is not in meta language, is that supposed to go in scripts? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you to Igor for sharing this.

Hi.

What you say sounds very strange to me.

The only thing i can think of is that you don't know what a template is because as far as i remember that is the only file in the zip that is not in .mq4

The file i am talking about is the file with this ending: " .tpl "

You shut down your platform

Then You copy and past the .tpl file in to folder: ....Metatrader4/templates

The indicators (.mq4 files) you past in to .....Metatrader4/experts/indicators

(your folder may have some other name than Metatrader4)

Then you start your platform and open a chart

Look on the top of the platform.

There you have a menu: "charts"

Click: chart -> Template -> and find the new template. I am not sure of the name but it will be something like "TSR_FXiGoR".

Then you should have the right setup.

Maybe i misunderstand you problem so if you know this before just forget this post.

Anyway i hope this helps

Arctic4x

Reason: