Universal MA Cross EA - page 55

promarketrader:
hi, im running the ea, the smiley face is on but does not trade? anyone knows whats up?

What does your "Experts" or "Journal" tab say?...

That will give us a clue.

Need Help To change this EA from .mql4 to .mql5

Hi, Firedave

First I would like to give my biggest appreciation to you for your hard work in developing this EA and providing this EA for free in forex-TSD.

I've been using the latest EA version (posted by you (Firedave) in post # 1) for couple of months and really satisfied with the result. This EA has helped me a lot, it really reduced my labour work in manual trading.

For the last several weeks, I noticed that there's gonna be a major change in forex trading platform soon, my guess is that this change will probably happened within the half end of this year or late 2010, Metatrader 5 will replace Metatrader 4.

Some broker have already encouraging trader to use new platform (Metatrader 5).

Automated trading championship 2010 also changed it's rule and whoever wish to compete must provide .mql5 based EA.

I wonder if you could help me and all traders that are using this wonderful EA to convert this from .mql4 to .mql5.

I would really appreciate your kind help and effort to help us make this EA compatible with the new platform (Metatrader 5).

Best Regards,

4x tr4d3r

hi, ratz, it speaks of deinitialized, uninit reason 5, last trade none? this is greek to me, ideas? thanks in advance.

What is the correct settings for this EA ?

How to use?

Dave, I downloaded the file and put in experts\indicators folder, but when I insert into a chart, it doesn't do anything. How do I launch it? What am I doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike

are you using 4 digists or 5 digits brokers? some EA are not compatible with ECN brokers.

Mikee:
Dave, I downloaded the file and put in experts\indicators folder, but when I insert into a chart, it doesn't do anything. How do I launch it? What am I doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Hi,

I'm new to this topic so don't bash me please for not reading 50 pages after 1st post

If you download an EA, you put it into experts folder, not experts\indicators

In order for it to show up in the list, you either need to edit and compile *any* EA or indicator in the respective MT4, or simply restart it.

Hope this helps.

As for 5 digits - converting is pretty easy. Write me a PM if topic starter is busy, I'll update his EA. If you post here instead, I might miss the message.

Salam Firedave!

Saya juga dari Jakarta, Indonesia!

From the first time I see your EA here, I knew it would be an effective EA when working with Pairs which tends to trend a lot. My pick was the Euro. I think was right.

I just finished Backtesting your EA with data from Jan 01 - Apr 24, 2010.

If I may, I would like to share my setting with other fellow traders here.

Start with the default setting and only change the parameter below:

EUROGBP: TP: 60 , SL 40

EMA1:12

EMA2:32

EMA3:72

(Please feel free to play around)

Timeframe: H1 (dont use other)

PAIRS: EUROGBP, EUROUSD, EUROJPY

The backtest says:

Start with only USD 500

With lots Size 0.1 (minimum risk)

It will make your money to :

EUROGBP: USD 1138

EUROJPY: USD 1173

EUROUSD: USD 1157

And with lots Size 0.3 it will make your money Quadruple to around US 2000 (with more risk of Course).. and with lotsize 0.5 it will make your money almost pass USD 3500..... in less tah 4 months !!!

Just dont go above 0.5!

It's was very promising result indeed. But please keep in mind that was only a backtesting result. I will start forward testing on my demo account for few months...

I am not gonna post my result here... just put those number on your EA and run it yourself and see yourself....

Thank you for your hard work in developing this EA and sharing here with us.

Semoga Tuhan memberikan kesejahteraan kepada anda sekeluarga dalam kehidupan yang ini dan yang kemudian.

(In English....May GOD make you and your family grant you with prosperity, in this life and the next)...

Thank you Master Dave!

NiceGuy ....

Sorry... Wrong EMA Setting for EMA2

EMA2: 24 (not 32)

Can't get it work on 6 digit Broker

Well... btw.. I can get it to work wit 6 digits Broker.

I have FXPro demo account and can't make this EA Working there and also can't do backtest within the platform.

Is this a setting problem?

Anyone have the same problem? Anyone can help?

Many Thanks

Niceguy

Reason: