FXiGoR-(T_S_R) very effective Trend Slope Retracement system - page 10

Help With these indicators....

Hello all,

I love this system, theonly problem is that I at EST time. therefore I have to start my days at 03:00 am.

1. What I need help with is to set the indicators colors to 1 thinkness, instead of 2. I know that I can go do that from the settings, but if I jump between time frames, it goes back to the standard setting.

2. If we could somehow add a sound & pop up alert to the T_S_R Singal line.

It would help alot when trading 2 or more pairs.

thanks to Igor and all those that are help each other

Peace Out

creztor:
For those who missed the first session today here is a sound recording. Warning the file is about 55Meg in size and goes for 6 hours. I used .wma for file format as it offered the best size/quality. For anyone just starting out or still very new, there is some great info here in this first day, just get ready to sit through 6 hours of class

P.S: For those who havent listened to the quick intro/guide audio file I would do this first.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yvkpjj

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/982967...basics.wma.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/33935471/tsr-basics.wma.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/33585849/tsr-day1.wma.html

Creztor,

Can you please tell me which day was this recording of. because i am trying to see the charts but I dont know what day he is talking about on the chart.

PeaceLover:
Creztor, Can you please tell me which day was this recording of. because i am trying to see the charts but I dont know what day he is talking about on the chart.

Sep 18 2006

PeaceLover:
Creztor, Can you please tell me which day was this recording of. because i am trying to see the charts but I dont know what day he is talking about on the chart.

In the audio files on posting #2 (wich is the compleet explenation of the TSR method) every chart that I look at is well refered to with, wich pair wich date and wich time frame and wich time bar we look at...

One does not need to liesten to all of the audio files to learn this setup.

If you listen carefuly to the audio files on posting #2 everything should be cristal clear.

regards..iGoR

PS. And doing a lott of homework over historical data will learn you a LOTT.

I develloped this system from scratch. So if you have the setup and the explenation true that audio file you should be able to understand this method to the fullest ....(look for "hickups" and "take my hands" and that over hundreds of days and look what price does after those patterns)

iGoR:
In the audio files on posting #2 (wich is the compleet explenation of the TSR method) every chart that I look at is well refered to with, wich pair wich date and wich time frame and wich time bar we look at...

One does not need to liesten to all of the audio files to learn this setup.

If you listen carefuly to the audio files on posting #2 everything should be cristal clear.

regards..iGoR

PS. And doing a lott of homework over historical data will learn you a LOTT.

I develloped this system from scratch. So if you have the setup and the explenation true that audio file you should be able to understand this method to the fullest ....(look for "hickups" and "take my hands" and that over hundreds of days and look what price does after those patterns)

IGOR.

thank you

The only request I have if you could help me lock the indicators color. I want the thickness to be set on one not two because I cannot see the candle sticks correctly when the lines are too thinck. i have tried to do it but it resets to its orgianal setting when i change between time frame or restart the software. can anything be done about this. The request for audio alert when the colors change, was because when I am tradeing 6 pairs it will help to take maxium profits.

THANKS

Peace

PL,

Go into your Metaeditor, choose the indicator, open up, scroll down look for "Set Index Style" and change from 2 to 1, hit the Compile button, save, and close.

PeaceLover:
IGOR.

thank you

The only request I have if you could help me lock the indicators color. I want the thickness to be set on one not two because I cannot see the candle sticks correctly when the lines are too thinck. i have tried to do it but it resets to its orgianal setting when i change between time frame or restart the software. can anything be done about this. The request for audio alert when the colors change, was because when I am tradeing 6 pairs it will help to take maxium profits.

THANKS

Peace

Pip Trip:
PL, Go into your Metaeditor, choose the indicator, open up, scroll down look for "Set Index Style" and change from 2 to 1, hit the Compile button, save, and close.

Thank you, Does the job

I visually backtested Eur/USD from Jan 1st to almost end of September. I do realize how some people feel about backtests so by all means ignore this post I did it to personally see if the system would work for me, setups I took were all aimed at the 3:1 reward/risk and in hindsight I probably made mistakes that I wouldnt do again and I learnt a lot after watching 9 months of e/u action. Anyway Im not prefect, backtesting isnt for everyone, I probably made mistakes but for me this prooves that TSR works on the e/u. Your mileage may vary but for those interested results are attached. Or a brief summary below. A big thanks to Igor for taking all the time he did to teach and show people how to use this system and for making the charts and everything else from my backtesting data into something readable, for those still following it my results may be of some interest to you. Again thanks a lot Igor.

Exit on Execute Line

avg. Loosing trade = 5.7

Avg. Winning trade = 12.6

reward/risk/trade= 2.21

Hitratio = 48%

Max Drawdown = 60.5

Sterling ratio = 5.3

(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Exit on Signal Line

avg. Loosing trade = 8

Avg. Winning trade = 21

reward/risk/trade= 2.62

Hitratio = 45.80%

Max Drawdown = 83.00

Sterling Ratio = 7

(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Exit on Sig.+ Ex. Line

avg. Loosing trade = 12.9

Avg. Winning trade = 31.6

reward/risk/trade= 2.45

Hitratio = 47%

MaxDrawdown = 145.0

Sterling Ratio = 6.26

(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Files:
tsrbacktest.rar  24 kb

How would I delete the text in the left corner for the T_S_R)-Daily Range Calculator v1.3.mq4 ?

Thanks So Much In Advance!

tsr backtest

Creztor,

Thank you for taking the time to do a backtest. There is nothing wrong with backtesting--it gives a good idea of the potential of the system. The only problem for me with this system is that looking back at the charts, I see more clearly what has happened, and I see why I wouldn't have taken some trades. In live trading I take some trades, and then realize that the long term lines weren't steep enough, and I took that trade prematurely. I guess it takes practice. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a profiatble system. Good luck to everybody.

Also, the Heiken Ashi candles are very misleading, and tricky to follow when you backtest. They usually show better entry/exit prices...anyway I had never used them so I don't understand them .

Reason: