Elite indicators :) - page 969

Hello Mladen

Do you have a Commitment of Traders indicator (COT Indicator) for MT4? I've read an interesting article about the COT on Babypips.

Regards, Sylvester

Hello ,me again.

i liked the indicator that you helped me with until arrows where added so i could see the result of the crossover and it was bad.. ive tried diffrent settings for 5 hours straight but i havnt come up with anything that are good enough to test out, its because the lines come too close and triggers it all the time.

So i looked through my indicator list which i allways do to see if i missed something. And i found a stepma stoch indicator that i for some reson didnt try enough.

I beg to god that it dosnt repaint i backtested it quick but it didnt change something that i noticed.

If it dosnt repaint can you first of all add alerts on crossover and we can see from there if we can proceed with adding avarages and stuff But i think the indicator is repainting because the result is too good.

stepma_stoch_v1.mq4

Files:

timmyhanke:
Hello ,me again.

i liked the indicator that you helped me with until arrows where added so i could see the result of the crossover and it was bad.. ive tried diffrent settings for 5 hours straight but i havnt come up with anything that are good enough to test out, its because the lines come too close and triggers it all the time.

So i looked through my indicator list which i allways do to see if i missed something. And i found a stepma stoch indicator that i for some reson didnt try enough.

I beg to god that it dosnt repaint i backtested it quick but it didnt change something that i noticed.

If it dosnt repaint can you first of all add alerts on crossover and we can see from there if we can proceed with adding avarages and stuff But i think the indicator is repainting because the result is too good.

stepma_stoch_v1.mq4

timmyhanke

Old versions of step indicators are repainting (they are keeping extremes of the whole history - it has been explained why it is wrong). Only the new step indicators do not repaint

mladen:
timmyhanke Old versions of step indicators are repainting (they are keeping extremes of the whole history - it has been explained why it is wrong). Only the new step indicators do not repaint

Ah ok .

But is it possible to have the stochastic as it is now and add a working step to it ? or is everything wrong with it ?

timmyhanke:
Ah ok . But is it possible to have the stochastic as it is now and add a working step to it ? or is everything wrong with it ?

timmyhanke

Here is a version that does not do that repainting act nor does it do the "flattening" act : step_stochastic_-_averages_2.mq4

It is using a sort of automatic step adjustment (it is using atr for that) so you can try adjust atr period for that. If it would use explicit step (in pips or points), the each and every time frame and each and every symbol would have to be always adjusted when you switch to it and it would limit its usability very much

PS: some explanation of what and why the old version was doing and why it needed to be corrected was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/generalPPS: this is an upgraded version (prices, averages, ...)

mladen:
timmyhanke

Here is a version that does not do that repainting act nor does it do the "flattening" act : step_stochastic_-_averages_2.mq4

It is using a sort of automatic step adjustment (it is using atr for that) so you can try adjust atr period for that. If it would use explicit step (in pips or points), the each and every time frame and each and every symbol would have to be always adjusted when you switch to it and it would limit its usability very much

PS: some explanation of what and why the old version was doing and why it needed to be corrected was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/generalPPS: this is an upgraded version (prices, averages, ...)

I was just going to post that i found a new stepma stochastic indicator and almost found the exact settings. But i will try your indicator to.

Files:

hi Mladen and Mrtools

would you please make histogram tab (in separate windows) version from this indicator:

I would appreciate if you may replace arrows with vertical lines with option of LineOnFirstBar=true/false

Thanks

Talaat E

talaate:
hi Mladen and Mrtools

would you please make histogram tab (in separate windows) version from this indicator:

I would appreciate if you may replace arrows with vertical lines with option of LineOnFirstBar=true/false

Thanks

Talaat E

Hi Talaat E, could you explain more, not exactly sure which conditions you want the histogram to be colored.

mrtools:
Hi Talaat E, could you explain more, not exactly sure which conditions you want the histogram to be colored.

Ok My friend

As you can see in the attached figure, this indicator changing its color from red to gray to blue depending on the the price action and also according to the confidence level (default is 95%), also Mladen used confidence band shift = 3, For me, I am using all default values except confidence level which I change it according to the trading instrument that I am trading with.

What I need, if it is possible, is histogram tab version in separate window, which is colored red or gray or blue according to the changing in the color of indicator shown in the main window, and also I would appreciate if you replace the arrows with vertical lines on the main windows with the option of LineOnFirstBar=true/false

hope I was clear enough for explanation

Talaat E

Files:
02.jpg  65 kb

talaate:
Ok My friend

As you can see in the attached figure, this indicator changing its color from red to gray to blue depending on the the price action and also according to the confidence level (default is 95%), also Mladen used confidence band shift = 3, For me, I am using all default values except confidence level which I change it according to the trading instrument that I am trading with.

What I need, if it is possible, is histogram tab version in separate window, which is colored red or gray or blue according to the changing in the color of indicator shown in the main window, and also I would appreciate if you replace the arrows with vertical lines on the main windows with the option of LineOnFirstBar=true/false

hope I was clear enough for explanation

Talaat E

Talaat E, try out this version. Added the updated averages and the 18 prices with the drop downs too.

Reason: