Elite indicators :) - page 820

William Snyder
William Snyder  
tomitom06:
Mladen are you sure that this indicator(uni cross) is not repainting??? Sorry for asking that, i am sure that you are never adding and w[SUP]ritting repainting indicator but just wanted to confirm. Thanks![/SUP]

Tomitom06, uni cross is using a centered TMA in it's calculations so it recalculates or repaints.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
tomitom06:
Mladen are you sure that this indicator(uni cross) is not repainting??? Sorry for asking that, i am sure that you are never adding and w[SUP]ritting repainting indicator but just wanted to confirm. Thanks![/SUP]

tomitom06

Maybe the best is to read these posts that were the posts where the request to make that indicator and the first version of that indicator were posted : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I hope that it will clarify the why it was created and the what does it do

orcun1234
orcun1234  

Mladen, sorry for following question if i misunderstood the subject(Note: i read given link). I am using it on m5 chart with m15 mtf. Your given link , there is a your sentence " I do not call it a "repainting" but "recalculating"... According to your sentence can i say that, 5m with 15m mtf i need 3 bars to guarantee signal ? Additionally, if i close the program , is it repainting? I tried to test it but it did not give signal from the starting point to future. I am seeing only past signals. Thank you!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
tomitom06:
Mladen, sorry for following question if i misunderstood the subject(Note: i read given link). I am using it on m5 chart with m15 mtf. Your given link , there is a your sentence " I do not call it a "repainting" but "recalculating"... According to your sentence can i say that, 5m with 15m mtf i need 3 bars to guarantee signal ? Additionally, if i close the program , is it repainting? I tried to test it but it did not give signal from the starting point to future. I am seeing only past signals. Thank you!

tomitom06

Recalculating indicators are mostly non-causal indicators (that depend on future data too, and because of that they can change the signals) but the code is OK and the mathematical model for such indicators is honored (so, in a word, that is their nature). Such indicators are usually used for stationary data analysis and then for an estimation (not signaling) of "what if" scenarios

Repainting indicators are simple coding errors and are not based on any model at all

That is why I make a difference between recalculating and repainting indicators. For example Fourier transform (among other things it is used for, it is one of the best mathematical models for time series analysis for the last 250 years) and calling it a repainting indicator would be a big mistake and placing it in the same bucket with solar wind would be a nonsense

orcun1234
orcun1234  

Thank you Mladen, i understood exactly what you mean...

Gway
Gway  
mladen:
tomitom06

Recalculating indicators are mostly non-causal indicators (that depend on future data too, and because of that they can change the signals) but the code is OK and the mathematical model for such indicators is honored (so, in a word, that is their nature). Such indicators are usually used for stationary data analysis and then for an estimation (not signaling) of "what if" scenarios

Repainting indicators are simple coding errors and are not based on any model at all

That is why I make a difference between recalculating and repainting indicators. For example Fourier transform (among other things it is used for, it is one of the best mathematical models for time series analysis for the last 250 years) and calling it a repainting indicator would be a big mistake and placing it in the same bucket with solar wind would be a nonsense

This explanation, I believe that it wouldn't be the last time.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Anyway:
This explanation, I believe that it wouldn't be the last time.

As long as it helps no problem to repeat. The repainting is one of the most misunderstood concepts (and most misused by the scammers) so it should be clarified whenever it can what it is and what it is not

Gway
Gway  
mladen:
As long as it helps no problem to repeat. The repainting is one of the most misunderstood concepts (and most misused by the scammers) so it should be clarified whenever it can what it is and what it is not

Yes, I mean everything you do for everyone, and never complain.

I deeply appreciate what you did for us.

Thanks! Great mladen.

orcun1234
orcun1234  
Anyway:
Yes, I mean everything you do for everyone, and never complain.

I deeply appreciate what you did for us.

Thanks! Great mladen.

Dear Anyway; I know very well difference. If you look at my first question I asked to Mladen uni cross's recalculation or repainting situation but Mladen explained me general concept of repainting and recalculating kindly like everytime. thanks so much. And i did not want to disturb again about uni cross. I asked because i had test problem and i could not wait until market opening. I am sorry if i disturbed anyone. Thanks.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
tomitom06:
Dear Anyway; I know very well difference. If you look at my first question I asked to Mladen uni cross's recalculation or repainting situation but Mladen explained me general concept of repainting and recalculating kindly like everytime. thanks so much. And i did not want to disturb again about uni cross. I asked because i had test problem and i could not wait until market opening. I am sorry if i disturbed anyone. Thanks.

tomitom06

Don't worry, I think that you did not disturb anybody (at least not me)

I know the thing when you want to test it all and right away but this time you will have to wait Monday (thanks to metatrader that made visual backtests unreliable). I just hope that my post helped you in what I call "a general view at the TA". We all need to know what are we using and that is why my answer was a bit longer than it probably should

Anyway - I wish a nice weekend to all of you guys. Some rest is allays good