Elite indicators :) - page 818

ValeoFX:
Followed by the actual request which I will show now.

ValeoFX

That indicator(s) were experimental and, as I told, I have made them long, long time ago to see what would the results look like. I frankly do not believe that they are adding anything to existing ways of handling multi time frame, so, please lets treat that way of multi time framing as closed

PS: how did it come to MVA? I never called it like that

mladen:
ValeoFX

That indicator(s) were experimental and, as I told, I have made them long, long time ago to see what would the results look like. I frankly do not believe that they are adding anything to existing ways of handling multi time frame, so, please lets treat that way of multi time framing as closed

PS: how did it come to MVA? I never called it like that

OK, accepted. Chapter closed.

You posted both MA and MACD. I just called the MA an MVA as in "moving average"

Uni cross updated to be new mql compatible : uni_cross_alerts_mtf_nmc.mq4

PS : pay attention that one part of the uni cross is centered TMA

Mladen are you sure that this indicator(uni cross) is not repainting??? Sorry for asking that, i am sure that you are never adding and w[SUP]ritting repainting indicator but just wanted to confirm. Thanks![/SUP]

tomitom06:
Mladen are you sure that this indicator(uni cross) is not repainting??? Sorry for asking that, i am sure that you are never adding and w[SUP]ritting repainting indicator but just wanted to confirm. Thanks![/SUP]

Tomitom06, uni cross is using a centered TMA in it's calculations so it recalculates or repaints.

tomitom06:

tomitom06

Maybe the best is to read these posts that were the posts where the request to make that indicator and the first version of that indicator were posted : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I hope that it will clarify the why it was created and the what does it do

Mladen, sorry for following question if i misunderstood the subject(Note: i read given link). I am using it on m5 chart with m15 mtf. Your given link , there is a your sentence " I do not call it a "repainting" but "recalculating"... According to your sentence can i say that, 5m with 15m mtf i need 3 bars to guarantee signal ? Additionally, if i close the program , is it repainting? I tried to test it but it did not give signal from the starting point to future. I am seeing only past signals. Thank you!

tomitom06:
Mladen, sorry for following question if i misunderstood the subject(Note: i read given link). I am using it on m5 chart with m15 mtf. Your given link , there is a your sentence " I do not call it a "repainting" but "recalculating"... According to your sentence can i say that, 5m with 15m mtf i need 3 bars to guarantee signal ? Additionally, if i close the program , is it repainting? I tried to test it but it did not give signal from the starting point to future. I am seeing only past signals. Thank you!

tomitom06

Recalculating indicators are mostly non-causal indicators (that depend on future data too, and because of that they can change the signals) but the code is OK and the mathematical model for such indicators is honored (so, in a word, that is their nature). Such indicators are usually used for stationary data analysis and then for an estimation (not signaling) of "what if" scenarios

Repainting indicators are simple coding errors and are not based on any model at all

That is why I make a difference between recalculating and repainting indicators. For example Fourier transform (among other things it is used for, it is one of the best mathematical models for time series analysis for the last 250 years) and calling it a repainting indicator would be a big mistake and placing it in the same bucket with solar wind would be a nonsense

Thank you Mladen, i understood exactly what you mean...

mladen:
tomitom06

Recalculating indicators are mostly non-causal indicators (that depend on future data too, and because of that they can change the signals) but the code is OK and the mathematical model for such indicators is honored (so, in a word, that is their nature). Such indicators are usually used for stationary data analysis and then for an estimation (not signaling) of "what if" scenarios

Repainting indicators are simple coding errors and are not based on any model at all

That is why I make a difference between recalculating and repainting indicators. For example Fourier transform (among other things it is used for, it is one of the best mathematical models for time series analysis for the last 250 years) and calling it a repainting indicator would be a big mistake and placing it in the same bucket with solar wind would be a nonsense

This explanation, I believe that it wouldn't be the last time.

Reason: