10 seconds timeframe?

Hello, is it possible to make a 5 or 10 seconds timeframe in MT4?

If not, is it possible to make that an EA use this timeframe for example buy order at 13hrs 1min 15 seg?

Thanks

Daniel1983

--------------

PD: If the thread is converted to post how can i know where it has been moved??

...converting Thread into a Post is same as converting Regular Time Frames in Metatrader into 10 Seconds Time Frame (as example)...my 2 cents...

daniel1983:
Hello, is it possible to make a 5 or 10 seconds timeframe in MT4?

If not, is it possible to make that an EA use this timeframe for example buy order at 13hrs 1min 15 seg?

Thanks

Daniel1983

--------------

PD: If the thread is converted to post how can i know where it has been moved??

If post is is moved to another thread with similar or same content, you are notified in your PM box

PS: you can not make a 10 seconds chart from past (history) data. Not enough information for that (no tick data). You can make an EA that would do that (write data based on a timer) but then you might lose high or low prices for that period. You can make an EA to buy at exact time, but then it also needs to be kept in an endless loop - rules for EAs when working from endless loops are completely different than when working using ticks

Hmmm ok, then how many ticks has one minute in the one minute chart? I thought they were 60 ticks per minute, or 1 tick per second

Thanks, Daniel

daniel1983:
Hmmm ok, then how many ticks has one minute in the one minute chart? I thought they were 60 ticks per minute, or 1 tick per second Thanks, Daniel

Ticks have no relation to time at all - they can happen at any time interval.

mladen:
Ticks have no relation to time at all - they can happen at any time interval.

thank you, did not know that, and it makes sence.

So the minimum "allowed" known trading timeframe is one minute.

But i'm still wondering to make a 10 seconds timeframe, even if its not necessary for nobody, if there is no movement at all or it makes you a loop as you say...

If it is possible to do this, as a timing as you say (Mr. Mladen) for seconds passing, every ten seconds is it possible to create an EA that detects the ticks that passed during this for example first ten seconds (5tics), second ten seconds(1tics), third ten seconds)3tics, fourth ten seconds(48 tics) fifth ten seconds (12tics), ands sixth ten seconds (123tics).

With this info to create a candle based on the high low data, or only open close for this ten seconds, and that it can have it maybe not drawn in a chart as would be very fast for looking at it, but in a virtual way, that the EA could make functions related to this virtual chart, and make for example a Moving Average with central price only (because there will be no candle just start point and stop point) {start(10secs)+stop(10secs)}/2? and take this moving average to 200 periods and cross this result with other indicators?

Does this makes no sence at all? Maybe, but for the EA i am creating i want to include this...

Thanks

Daniel

daniel1983:
thank you, did not know that, and it makes sence.

So the minimum "allowed" known trading timeframe is one minute.

But i'm still wondering to make a 10 seconds timeframe, even if its not necessary for nobody, if there is no movement at all or it makes you a loop as you say...

If it is possible to do this, as a timing as you say (Mr. Mladen) for seconds passing, every ten seconds is it possible to create an EA that detects the ticks that passed during this for example first ten seconds (5tics), second ten seconds(1tics), third ten seconds)3tics, fourth ten seconds(48 tics) fifth ten seconds (12tics), ands sixth ten seconds (123tics).

With this info to create a candle based on the high low data, or only open close for this ten seconds, and that it can have it maybe not drawn in a chart as would be very fast for looking at it, but in a virtual way, that the EA could make functions related to this virtual chart, and make for example a Moving Average with central price only (because there will be no candle just start point and stop point) {start(10secs)+stop(10secs)}/2? and take this moving average to 200 periods and cross this result with other indicators?

Does this makes no sence at all? Maybe, but for the EA i am creating i want to include this...

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel

In forex you can simply see the ticks. Simply right click on chart and check show volumes. Volumes are actually ticks in forex. You can not know when did ticks happen (that is what I was talking about when I tol;d that we do not have normal tick data when using metatrader)

So the EA can not detect time based on passed ticks since there is no data for past tick - only the number of ticks happened so far on the current bar (and as I said, 1 tick can happen any time - 1/100th of a second after then previous one or 1 hour after the previous one, it all depends on price changes and broker)

did you read this

Central Banks & Big Players - Page 2 @ Forex Factory

would a 5 second chart do, as apparently OANDA has it or used to

Nice Thread, guys

Before trading on seconds timeframes, what about backtest on them?
Did anyone asked himself if it's possible??

I tell you.
My name is Paolo, and I'm an Expert MT4 Backtester from 2009.
Actually it's NOT possible to backtest on seconds timeframes. 
It has no sense to use any EA on seconds TF without any backtest optimization on history data before.

So, the problem is:     HOW TO BACKTEST ON SECONDS TIMEFRAME?

One of the best mt4 backtest tool is Tickstory, available both in free and paid version.

I just create a dedicated thread asking Tickstory Developer Team to add Seconds Timeframes Export Feature.

I prepared a really interesting video about all potential improvements also.

Watch out my thread here
https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1084

and write down a short message (post) of your interest on that original thread (not here ok?).
In that way we will be able to push Tickstory Developer Team to add this fundamental feature in the next update.

Happy backtest to all  8-)
paolo

How would one use 10 seconds time frame? That is nothing but a noise
Reason: