Auto Fibonacci indicator - page 10

Thanks

Hey Kosai,

Many thanks....may pips be with you....

jayjas:
Hey Kosai, Many thanks....may pips be with you....

You're welcome

I forgot to mention that the way to hide all the lines in a timeframe of your choice is by modifying the original line's time frame. The script will duplicate whatever period that is visible.

FXKos - Color Fibo Script Final

Finished the final script, so here is the info:

Features:

- toggle inner ratios or extended ratios

- toggle "ray" lines

- specify which time frame the lines appear (i.e. 1H but not 4H)

- make as many lines as you want on a single chart !

How to Use:

1. add a line on your chart

2. rename it to fibo# (i.e. fibo5)

3. refresh the chart for the lines to appear (Alt+C, then R)

Notes:

- edit the script to modify the default colors or features

- line style can be modified

- lines update each new tick in price or when "refresh" is used

Files:

Hi Kosai,

The idea of your script sounds very interesting. I have a couple of questions.

I'm interested in modifying the Support and Resistance Fibonacci LA.mq4 posted on this thread. Since the Support and Resistance Fibonacci LA utilizes the defaullt MT4 Fibonacci settings, it can't be modified in metaeditor.

Would the script be able to customize this indicator?

I'd like to be able to modify the time settings for a single high low setting, so the indicator only references the 4H or Daily instead of changing for each time frame. I'd also like to be able to add/ remove fibonacci levels for each timeframe and be able to change the colors.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help

Fudo

Kosai:
Finished the final script, so here is the info:

Features:

- toggle inner ratios or extended ratios

- toggle "ray" lines

- specify which time frame the lines appear (i.e. 1H but not 4H)

- make as many lines as you want on a single chart !

How to Use:

1. add a line on your chart

2. rename it to fibo# (i.e. fibo5)

3. refresh the chart for the lines to appear (Alt+C, then R)

Notes:

- edit the script to modify the default colors or features

- line style can be modified

- lines update each new tick in price or when "refresh" is used

Fudomyo:
Hi Kosai,

The idea of your script sounds very interesting. I have a couple of questions.

I'm interested in modifying the Support and Resistance Fibonacci LA.mq4 posted on this thread. Since the Support and Resistance Fibonacci LA utilizes the defaullt MT4 Fibonacci settings, it can't be modified in metaeditor.

Would the script be able to customize this indicator?

I'd like to be able to modify the time settings for a single high low setting, so the indicator only references the 4H or Daily instead of changing for each time frame. I'd also like to be able to add/ remove fibonacci levels for each timeframe and be able to change the colors.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help

Fudo

Hi Fudo,

Yes all of what you said is possible. Metatrader's built in fibonacci retracement tool can be created with any levels you need, the problem I had was that the colors couldn't be changed for the lines.

Specifically, the Objectget and Objectset functions have an object time property. I used this in my script to match the fibo lines appearing on the same time frame that the high/low line was set to. You can also do this in order to get different fibo levels relative to the time frames like you want.

Also, if you look at an earlier script on this thread, it shows that the metatrader built in retracement tool lets you specify any level. So you can use the objectset function when on the 4H time frame to activate a High/Low (1.0 and 0.0 fibo levels) only while on some other time frame including any levels you want.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Auto Fibo_Coodonates

Hi ALL,

Here there are AUTO FIBONACCI Retracement + Extension Level Indicator.

- Work ExpansionAutomatically.

- Can define how many Bars to look back Maximum (Change Sett in Band_period)

- Can indicate the classic High/Low values or the less classic Open/Close ones (price_type: 0 = High/Low, 1 = Open/Close)

- Work in ALL Time Frime.

Hopefully useful !

Best Regards,

Kosai,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize this about metatrader built in retracement tool. I'll give it a try.

Too bad about the colors though. It seemed like an interesting idea.

Cheers,

Fudo

btw: I just went through the thread again and can't seem to find the script. was it deleted?

Kosai:
Hi Fudo,

Yes all of what you said is possible. Metatrader's built in fibonacci retracement tool can be created with any levels you need, the problem I had was that the colors couldn't be changed for the lines.

Specifically, the Objectget and Objectset functions have an object time property. I used this in my script to match the fibo lines appearing on the same time frame that the high/low line was set to. You can also do this in order to get different fibo levels relative to the time frames like you want.

Also, if you look at an earlier script on this thread, it shows that the metatrader built in retracement tool lets you specify any level. So you can use the objectset function when on the 4H time frame to activate a High/Low (1.0 and 0.0 fibo levels) only while on some other time frame including any levels you want.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Kosai,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize this about metatrader built in retracement tool. I'll give it a try.

Cheers,

Fudo

Kosai:
Hi Fudo,

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

auto Fib retrace line ?

anybody has indicator to draw FIB line automatically ?

thanks

pedestrian

fib indicator

hi guys,

i am fairly new to testing auto fibs and could do with a few pointers

so there is about 7 indicators attached to this thread with most recent being "Auto Fibo_Coodonates.mq4 ". I tried this one, looks ok.

For example ? how many band periods should i set for each timeframe ? like 100 for m5 ? or is this a daily review of spotting trend, thereby not really being automated ?

what is the price_type field under inputs?

thanks in advance.

Reason: