Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index) - page 6

Favor to ask...

I have a HUGE (and hopefully very easy) favor to ask of the experienced MT4 coders on this forum...

I have attached a Stochastics Momentum Index (SMI) indicator that I got from another source. What I would like is for someone to modify the indicator so that it will change color whenever the slope changes from negative to positive, so it is very easy to tell at a glance if the slope is up or down. It would also be great if the two different colors could be user defined.

If anyone would be willing to modify and repost it, I would be forever grateful. Unfortunately, I have nothing to give in return but my thanks.

Sincerely,

Tommy C

Files:
smi.mq4  4 kb
smi.ex4  5 kb

Help with MT4 - Vista

I have a couple of problems with MT4 / Vista

1. I cannot run the live update despite selecting the liveupdate.exe as a known program in vista - does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

2. I have a copy of the SMI indicator which won't update for the new bars, unless I change the chart timeframe. The indicator is attached.

I would appreciate if someone could help with the above. Thank you

Files:
smi.mq4  4 kb
smi.ex4  5 kb

fx2248:
I have a couple of problems with MT4 / Vista

1. I cannot run the live update despite selecting the liveupdate.exe as a known program in vista - does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

2. I have a copy of the SMI indicator which won't update for the new bars, unless I change the chart timeframe. The indicator is attached.

I would appreciate if someone could help with the above. Thank you

Posts moved.

You should have the version with issues, it's an old one.

Download mladen version or the fixed one in this thread.

Where can I get mladen version of SMI?

fx2248:

2. I have a copy of the SMI indicator which won't update for the new bars, unless I change the chart timeframe.

Not sure if this should be posted in this thread, but since the question was posted here

Actually it is an interesting indicator (well, this one is my version ) :

Files:

Smi

Hello,

I have the SMI indicator in 15min chart and would like the one in this indicator, the yellow line () as 5min or 1H line looks in the SMI.

Thus, the yellow in the indicator, 3 or 4 lines but looks from different time levels.

Can you somehow make it so we add that somehow, and for example if you look at the indicator on the chart is then to derive the options which time frames, he has yet to display in addition. For example would be for me Einstellunegen for 5min, 15min, 1H important.

Help would be very nice.

Thanks

Files:
smi.mq4  4 kb
smi.gif  31 kb

Hi,

someone gets out, it shows all the time plane in the SMI.

I think we want a momentum indicator that does not repaint

as I am not sure how stochastic (primitive indicator) are these indicators -- we have all experience with basic stochastic before -- but this could be better than those -- if we test it in LIVE environment

I have had good luck on another platform using a SMI indicator that had divergence signals and an alarm on it for a new divergence signal. I'm new to MT4 code. Could someone take the SMI indicator that is in this thread and create a divergence and alarm for it?

Help - SMI Indicator won't update.

The Stochastic Momentum Indicators I have found will not continue to update automatically like the rest of my indicators. To get it to update I have to go to a different time period & then return to the time period I was in. Can someone check this coding & fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached the indicators I am using (hopefully). Either one or both could be revised---your choice. Thanks.

gandalf

Files:
Reason: