Pivot Points (like a Dots)

Hello.

I have used by some time the VTtrader due to the facility that it has for people with little knowledge on programming, as it is my case. But because that platform is much very slow, at the moment I am migrating my chart configurations towards the MT4, that of step is saying, seems to me an excellent platform, unless it demands much period of learning for people like me to be able to program it.

In the forum "Visual Trading Systems ", I requested help to program pivot points like DOTS, sights single in the right side of the charts. The only object of this indicator is to let the space of the prices to be able free to use it with other indicators. With the excellent help there from Chris, we obtain the following indicator:

Input:

StartHour

StartMnute

DisplayMidLevels

HD

shift

Output:

Resistance3

ResistanceMidLevel3

Resistance2

ResistanceMidLevel2

Resistance1

ResistanceMidLevel1

PivotPoint

SupportMidLevel1

Support1

SupportMidLevel2

Support2

SupportMidLevel3

Support3

Program:

_BarCount:= cum(1);

CalculateLookBackPeriods:= Barssince(hour()=StartHour and Minute()=StartMinute);

LookBackPeriods:= valuewhen(1, Cross(0.5,CalculateLookBackperiods), ref(CalculateLookBackPeriods,-1));

H1:= valuewhen(1, Hour()=StartHour AND minute()=StartMinute, HHV(H,LookBackPeriods));

L1:= valuewhen(1, Hour()=StartHour AND minute()=StartMinute, LLV(L,LookBackPeriods));

C1:= valuewhen(1, Hour()=StartHour AND minute()=StartMinute, C);

IndicatorDisplay:= if(_BarCount>=(2*LookBackPeriods), 1, 0);

PeriodLIVE:= if(HD=1,1,_BarCount);

PivotPoint:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, (H1+L1+C1)/3, null);

Resistance1:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, 2 * PivotPoint - L1, null);

Resistance2:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, PivotPoint + (H1-L1), null);

Resistance3:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, 2 * PivotPoint + (h1-2*L1), null);

Support1:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, 2 * PivotPoint - H1, null);

Support2:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, PivotPoint - (H1-L1), null);

Support3:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1, 2 * PivotPoint - (2*H1-L1), null);

ResistanceMidLevel1:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (PivotPoint+Resistance1)/2, null);

ResistanceMidLevel2:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (Resistance1+Resistance2)/2, null);

ResistanceMidLevel3:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (Resistance2+Resistance3)/2, null);

SupportMidLevel1:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (PivotPoint+Support1)/2, null);

SupportMidLevel2:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (Support1+Support2)/2, null);

SupportMidLevel3:= if(IndicatorDisplay=1 AND DisplayMidLevels=0, (Support2+Support3)/2, null);

PivotPoint:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,PivotPoint,NULL),shift);

Resistance1:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Resistance1,NULL),shift);

Resistance2:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Resistance2,NULL),shift);

Resistance3:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Resistance3,NULL),shift);

Support1:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Support1,NULL),shift);

Support2:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Support2,NULL),shift);

Support3:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,Support3,NULL),shift);

ResistanceMidLevel1:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,ResistanceMidLevel1,NULL),shift);

ResistanceMidLevel2:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,ResistanceMidLevel2,NULL),shift);

ResistanceMidLevel3:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,ResistanceMidLevel3,NULL),shift);

SupportMidLevel1:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,SupportMidLevel1,NULL),shift);

SupportMidLevel2:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,SupportMidLevel2,NULL),shift);

SupportMidLevel3:= ref(if(REF(C,PeriodLIVE)=NULL,SupportMidLevel3,NULL),shift);

I would like to know if some programmers seems it indicator interesting, of such form that to write it in MQL language and leaving it to disposition of all. If it is possible to write it in MQL, somebody could help to do it?

Note: The indicator must be able to use in all the timeframes.

Thanks in advance.

Saludos.

Files:

nice tips bro

nice tips bro, my trading sistem is use pivot sistem too. and i use pivot calculator and profit 10 pips in north finance everyday.

take a look this is site if u interested : henrywaluyo.blogspot.com

Have a PP indicator that can be modified, if someone knows the piece of code to add to it in order to make the HLINEs only show a few timeframes back.

EX:

Right now the HLINE on the PP indicator goes all the way across the chart.

Would be nice to only show 3 candles of that HLINE.

If someone gives me the code I will make changes and post indicator. It is a great idea.

Good work

Hi cja.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and the excellent aproximation to my request.

I will be reviewing the indicator and if it is necessary I will ask for some changes.

I would like that the dots will be showed 2 or 3 lines in front of the last candle. But, I don't know if it was not possible for you. About it you are speaking in the last paragraph?:

"Dots did not move with the candles so the best i can do at this point is have the Dots move with the last candle of each timeframe."

Thanks again.

Hi there

I have been learning some of the mql, and then, I made a small program that does not move the pivot references if we change the timeframes. I use the Arrow codes that it is small objects, but it works better than the Wingdings objects, because they (arrows 3 and 4) mark the exact position.

I have a little knowledge about programming, but I believe that this indicator works well.

I hope that it can be useful to somebody.

Regards.

Files:

cja:
Hello.

I have used by some time the VTtrader due to the facility that it has for people with little knowledge on programming, as it is my case. But because that platform is much very slow, at the moment I am migrating my chart configurations towards the MT4, that of step is saying, seems to me an excellent platform, unless it demands much period of learning for people like me to be able to program it.

In the forum "Visual Trading Systems ", I requested help to program pivot points like DOTS, sights single in the right side of the charts. The only object of this indicator is to let the space of the prices to be able free to use it with other indicators. With the excellent help there from Chris, we obtain the following indicator:

The 1st indicator i posted i have deleted and changed the code, i have added a GMT shift and a colored line to show the start time. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need anything altered let me know.

Now that we are online again i have found that the Dot distance needed to be altered, the distance alters slightly on the different timeframes, the distance SHIFT setting of 10 seems to work thru all the timeframes apart from M1 where 6 seems best you can always set up the timeframes separately if required. Still testing to see if the Dots move with the price and if the distance remains constant.

Dots did not move with the candles so the best i can do at this point is have the Dots move with the last candle of each timeframe.

cja

1.Great, but i think maybe u can add on historical pivot to this indicator

2.Can u put price number beside the dot?so we can see it clearly

Example

@200.88(M3)

@199.83(Pivot)

@=dot

3.Why your pivot Dot price different with Saadei pivot price? (just a beginner question).Because,what i found,Saadei pivot price similar with your other pivot indicator Pivot-Point-Vtext price.Maybe u can check it

thanks

Sorry CJA,for any complication

Can this Pivot Dot have also MTF pivot...what i mean is it have Daily,Weekly,Monthly and Yearly.

I see the benefit from your indicator is,our chart will look more clean than using other pivot which have alot of line.

thanks for your help

yeah yeah...thank you mr cja..nice edition

to other trader u can put certain number to get different pivot

1440 for D1

60 for H1

240 for H4

1 for M1

15 for M15

30 for M30

5 for M5

43200 for MN1

10080 for W1

cja:
Try this indicator - this Pivot indicator covers the M1 to Monthly range but not Yearly

mtf_pivots.ex4

Thank you cja, you are a genius...

Cheers

Ethan

MTF Pivots & MTF FIB PIVOTS

darkkiller:
Sorry CJA,for any complication

Can this Pivot Dot have also MTF pivot...what i mean is it have Daily,Weekly,Monthly and Yearly.

I see the benefit from your indicator is,our chart will look more clean than using other pivot which have alot of line.

thanks for your help

Try this indicator - this Pivot indicator covers the M1 to Monthly range but not Yearly

mtf_pivots.ex4

04/05/2008

Update to MTF PIVOTS v1 & added a manual magic number to resolve saving to template issues, also recoded indicator to have MTF FIB option as requested by darkkiller.

mtf_pivots_v1.ex4

mtf_fib_pivots.ex4

Files:

MTF PIVOTS v1 & MTF FIB PIVOTS

MTF PIVOTS v1 & MTF FIB PIVOTS

Updates to the original MTF PIVOTS indicator on post #9

The were some issues with the auto magic number when saving to templates so i have recoded the MTF PIVOT indicator to have a manual number & also made another indicator which has the MTF PIVOTs and a MTF FIB option.

cja

Reason: