Looking for ERGODIC indicator, please help - page 3

mladen:
Adding some more William Blaus indicator here : true strength index now (posting these since they are made exactly as described by William Blau, so there is no deviation whatsoever from the original here).

These are true strength index, true strength index trade and ergodic true strength index indicator (from up to down on the picture) Added the ergodic true strength index trade too even though it does not exist in the "Momentum, direction and divergence" book just as "what if" : in my opinion the slope of the Ergodic version is to nervous in order to take it as a reasonably safe criteria for trading (better to observe signal line crosses in ergodic version) but made it to see exactly how it would perform

Hello Malden,

many thanks for coding William Blau's indicator. Can you explain what is the purpose for true strength index trade and egrodic true strength index trade?

best regards.

-zhao

According to William Blau, those are signals for entering the market (depending on the "side" of the zero line when a non zero value is draw)

More details can be found in his book "Momentum, Direction and Divergence" (can not post the book : ACTA brother is looking at us )

zhaozilong:
Hello Malden,

many thanks for coding William Blau's indicator. Can you explain what is the purpose for true strength index trade and egrodic true strength index trade?

best regards.

-zhao

mladen:
According to William Blau, those are signals for entering the market (depending on the "side" of the zero line when a non zero value is draw) More details can be found in his book "Momentum, Direction and Divergence" (can not post the book : ACTA brother is looking at us )

Hello Mladen,

many thanks, is it possible to have an alert when the signal line cross the histogram line, also an alert when the histogram cross the zero line for the candle oscillator as parameters setting?

thank you and best regards.

-zhao

Here you go (the Trues strength index with alerts) You can choose on which one you want to be alerted (it can alert you on both - the default settings, so you can have any alert you wanted)

zhaozilong:
Hello Mladen,

many thanks, is it possible to have an alert when the signal line cross the histogram line, also an alert when the histogram cross the zero line for the candle oscillator as parameters setting?

-zhao

Hello mladen,

sorry for not being clear. i was referring to your ergodic candlestick oscillator in the quote below. But i am still thankful for this gem.

-zhao

mladen:
Ran into this thread and ...

Actually none of the indicators in this thread are ergodic candlestick oscillator indicator as defined by William Blau. Which is a pity since it is a quite good indicator. So here are 2 indicators of the "same branch" that work as they should :

candlestick indicator

and ergodic candlestick oscillator

Even they are very similar in values, they are not quite the same (not even the signal line from eco is the same with candlestick indicator even it looks like on the first glance), so it depends on someones preferences which one to use. Eco is a bit faster, while the co is a bit smoother (it has one additional smoothing step in it) ... Blau sometimes uses values like co(32,32). To get that value, simply set the 3rd period to 1 (one, not zero) and you will get those valuse

zhao

William Blau's ergodic candlestick oscillator with alerts added

zhaozilong:
Hello mladen,

sorry for not being clear. i was referring to your ergodic candlestick oscillator in the quote below. But i am still thankful for this gem.

-zhao

mladen:
zhao William Blau's ergodic candlestick oscillator with alerts added

Hello mladen,

many thanks for your work. maybe i am too greedy if it possible to have Multipairs and Multi timeframe for all blau's indicators?

just asking.

best regards.

-zhao

:):)

I like the idea. Will do something about it

zhaozilong:
Hello mladen,

many thanks for your work. maybe i am too greedy if it possible to have Multipairs and Multi timeframe for all blau's indicators?

just asking.

best regards.

-zhao

zhao,

Posted the first one (true strength index) here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page11

zhaozilong:
Hello mladen,

just asking.

best regards.

-zhao

MT5 version of Blau- Ergodic TSI with Alerts

mladen:
Here you go (the Trues strength index with alerts) You can choose on which one you want to be alerted (it can alert you on both - the default settings, so you can have any alert you wanted)

Thanks for the very useful indicators. Mladen.

Please consider MT5 version of Blau- Ergodic TSI with Alerts.

Regards

Reason: