Elite indicators :) - page 120

Worth investigating?

Good day to you, Mladen

I have played a bit with the TMA indicator. If one changes the indicator to display in a separate window, the following can be observed:

Place 1 TMA indicator on the 1hr chart ( separate window) - with the following settings:

Timeframe: 240

Halflength:6

Price:6

BandsDeviations: 3.0

Interpolate: True

Forgot to add - remove the top and bottom colors (green and red)

Now, attach to this indi a simple Moving Average, set at 20 ( drag and drop into seperate window).

Now add a second TMA into the seperate window, with the following settings:

Timeframe: 60

Halflenght: 6

Price:6

BandsDeviations: 3.0

Interpolate: True

Remove the top and bottom colors (green and red)

Now also attach to this indi a simple Moving Average, set at 20:

The picture of the result is attached. My question to you is:

1)Can this sort of setup be anchored? Currently uses the same range as on the main chart. If it could be anchored, would this defeat the result obtained?

2) If it is possible, could this type of setup be transformed into a histogram / double histogram type indicator, or then possibly a bars type indicator with 2 rows in one window? (one showing the TMA 240 cross with it's 20 MA and the second the TMA 60 cross with its 20MA?)

Just wondering if this is at all possible?

Thanking you for your time

Regards

Files:
gu7.gif  8 kb

For everyone, i just open a new thread about the new TD Sequential...hope could be usefull for someone and hope to find some help ...

Best regards

Doc

dr.house7:
For everyone, i just open a new thread about the new TD Sequential...hope could be usefull for someone and hope to find some help ...

Best regards

Doc

How about a direct link to it, dear Dr? Thanks.

ValeoFX:
How about a direct link to it, dear Dr? Thanks.

Hi Valeo,

yes sure, here it is :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180100

Best regards

Doc

Files:

now the link above works correctly

Best regards

Doc

Mladen...

Hi Mladen,

I was recently asked to evaluate the "Sidus" indicator which is nothing else than a cross-over of 2 EMAs, but adding a RSi to it.

First thing I noticed was that it does not update and when it does, it is usually in a haphazard way. With my limited knowledge, I looked at the code and discovered that Lines 117 and 124 were identical and thought that Line 117 should be changed to +5 in stead of -5 as in Line 124.

Would you please be kind enough to look at the code and see if you can find anything "strange" in the code and also comment on Line 117 change I made.

Finally, could you possibly get it to update in real-time as I would like to spend a little extra time in testing this combination before discarding it entirely.

Waiting to hear from you whenever you have some time.

Files:
sidus_v.2.mq4  5 kb

Valeo,

You should discard it.

In any case made one that is coded properly. The problem with the version 2 is the "classical" problem (the same one that was made in "Solar wind" for example) : calculations are done from "right to left" and values that are supposed to be previous values are in fact future values that way. It is a usual error when people get caught in the i+1 or i-1 trap

As you will see, now it conforms to every condition and gives the crosses timely, but you will also see that it is almost always a cross of 2 emas (so MACD at the end)
regards

mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mladen,

I was recently asked to evaluate the "Sidus" indicator which is nothing else than a cross-over of 2 EMAs, but adding a RSi to it.

First thing I noticed was that it does not update and when it does, it is usually in a haphazard way. With my limited knowledge, I looked at the code and discovered that Lines 117 and 124 were identical and thought that Line 117 should be changed to +5 in stead of -5 as in Line 124.

Would you please be kind enough to look at the code and see if you can find anything "strange" in the code and also comment on Line 117 change I made.

Finally, could you possibly get it to update in real-time as I would like to spend a little extra time in testing this combination before discarding it entirely.

Waiting to hear from you whenever you have some time.
Files:
sidus.gif  31 kb
sidus_v.3.mq4  4 kb
Reason: