Elite indicators :) - page 122

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Profitrader,

This is the part from the code of Buyers and Sellers indicator (lines 18.19 and 20)

double bullp = (iBullsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double bearp = (iBearsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double vol = iVolume(Symbol(),0,0);

So, it is using the Bulls and Bears with period set to fixed period 13 as well as using the volume in calculation. What is reset to 0 is the volume on every new bar and hence you have an impression that it resets the "whole thing". I have compared them and the values of Buyers, Sellers and ratio is the same (except for the rounding that is done in the Buyers and Sellers indicator in the moment when it displays values (using the DoubleToStr(nnn,0) form) - I preferred not to round the values)

Without level II there is no way to count buyers and sellers and the "Buyers and Sellers" indicator has nothing to do with level II, believe me. Simply place the two together on a same chart and compare the values (an example of the values for the current bar displayed by the two :
regards

mladen

Files:
Fudomyo
Fudomyo  

hi mLaden,

I know you're really busy, but if you have a chance, could you please take a look at this Fama indicator for me?

For some reason it doesn't automatically update, so I need to refresh the chart to use it.

Much appreciated,

Fudo

Files:
fama.mq4 4 kb
William Snyder
William Snyder  
Fudomyo:
hi mLaden,

I know you're really busy, but if you have a chance, could you please take a look at this Fama indicator for me?

For some reason it doesn't automatically update, so I need to refresh the chart to use it.

Much appreciated,

Fudo

This one basically the same called Mama its a combination of fama and mama.

Files:
mama_v1.mq4 11 kb
mamafama.gif 52 kb
Adam
Adam  
mrtools:

What is the indicator in that picture that shows trend? It looks pretty nice.

William Snyder
William Snyder  
antisyzygy:
What is the indicator in that picture that shows trend? It looks pretty nice.

This one, non lag zig zag.

Files:
Adam
Adam  
mrtools:
This one, non lag zig zag.

Thank you sir.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Fudo,

Was trying to decipher what is that indicator exactly. MrTools has been on a right track but there is a "deviation" : the one you posted is one variation of Perry Kaufman's AMA (sometimes known as KAMA) with a "mysterious" filter. So the "f" in the name would probably be a "filter"

The filter added remains a mystery to me (the origin of and "what exactly did the writer want to tell") so I included it in a more or less unchanged way (changed the way lows and highs are tested to make them "symmetrical" since they were slightly asymmetrical. Difference in values comes from an error in determining the fastEnd and slowEnd values are calculated (the -k1 in k2=2.0/(FastMA+1)-k1; in the frama indicator is an error that does not conform to the original Kaufman AMA calculation) but those differences are minimal
PS: some more deviations from the original KAMA : Kaufman does not allow changeable fastEnd and slowEnd, but I kept it (I liked the idea) He also does not allow a power different than 2. It is a question if that is usable or not but decided to leave it as a parameter (the higher the power is, the slower the KAMA is))

PPS: if you set the Filter parameter to 0 or less than 0 then you are in fact getting original KAMA

regards

mladen

Fudomyo:
hi mLaden,

Much appreciated,

Fudo
Files:
biddick
biddick  

Can you code KAMA MACD indicator?Thanks.

Fudomyo
Fudomyo  
mrtools:

Thank you for the mama indicator Mr. Tools.

Fudo

William Snyder
William Snyder  

Kama

Nice job Mladen, really like how it shows the "flat" spot in prices, very interesting.