Elite indicators :) - page 122

Fudomyo:
hi mLaden,

I know you're really busy, but if you have a chance, could you please take a look at this Fama indicator for me?

For some reason it doesn't automatically update, so I need to refresh the chart to use it.

Much appreciated,

Fudo

This one basically the same called Mama its a combination of fama and mama.

Files:
mama_v1.mq4  11 kb
mamafama.gif  52 kb

mrtools:

What is the indicator in that picture that shows trend? It looks pretty nice.

antisyzygy:
What is the indicator in that picture that shows trend? It looks pretty nice.

This one, non lag zig zag.

Files:

mrtools:
This one, non lag zig zag.

Thank you sir.

Fudo,

Was trying to decipher what is that indicator exactly. MrTools has been on a right track but there is a "deviation" : the one you posted is one variation of Perry Kaufman's AMA (sometimes known as KAMA) with a "mysterious" filter. So the "f" in the name would probably be a "filter"

The filter added remains a mystery to me (the origin of and "what exactly did the writer want to tell") so I included it in a more or less unchanged way (changed the way lows and highs are tested to make them "symmetrical" since they were slightly asymmetrical. Difference in values comes from an error in determining the fastEnd and slowEnd values are calculated (the -k1 in k2=2.0/(FastMA+1)-k1; in the frama indicator is an error that does not conform to the original Kaufman AMA calculation) but those differences are minimal
PS: some more deviations from the original KAMA : Kaufman does not allow changeable fastEnd and slowEnd, but I kept it (I liked the idea) He also does not allow a power different than 2. It is a question if that is usable or not but decided to leave it as a parameter (the higher the power is, the slower the KAMA is))

PPS: if you set the Filter parameter to 0 or less than 0 then you are in fact getting original KAMA

regards

mladen

Fudomyo:
hi mLaden,

I know you're really busy, but if you have a chance, could you please take a look at this Fama indicator for me?

For some reason it doesn't automatically update, so I need to refresh the chart to use it.

Much appreciated,

Fudo
Files:

Can you code KAMA MACD indicator?Thanks.

Kama

Nice job Mladen, really like how it shows the "flat" spot in prices, very interesting.

mrtools:

Thank you for the mama indicator Mr. Tools.

Fudo

mLaden,

Thanks so much for this.

And thank you for the additional information you provided. It answers some of the questions I had about the deviation from the mama, frama indicators. I'm not sure if the "mystery" filter is a detrending or denoising filter or if the dampening effect on price peaks is a function of the original kama, but I quite like it.

Best regards,

Fudo

mladen:
Fudo,

Was trying to decipher what is that indicator exactly. MrTools has been on a right track but there is a "deviation" : the one you posted is one variation of Perry Kaufman's AMA (sometimes known as KAMA) with a "mysterious" filter. So the "f" in the name would probably be a "filter"

The filter added remains a mystery to me (the origin of and "what exactly did the writer want to tell") so I included it in a more or less unchanged way (changed the way lows and highs are tested to make them "symmetrical" since they were slightly asymmetrical. Difference in values comes from an error in determining the fastEnd and slowEnd values are calculated (the -k1 in k2=2.0/(FastMA+1)-k1; in the frama indicator is an error that does not conform to the original Kaufman AMA calculation) but those differences are minimal
PS: some more deviations from the original KAMA : Kaufman does not allow changeable fastEnd and slowEnd, but I kept it (I liked the idea) He also does not allow a power different than 2. It is a question if that is usable or not but decided to leave it as a parameter (the higher the power is, the slower the KAMA is))

PPS: if you set the Filter parameter to 0 or less than 0 then you are in fact getting original KAMA

regards

mladen

mladen:
Profitrader,

This is the part from the code of Buyers and Sellers indicator (lines 18.19 and 20)

double bullp = (iBullsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double bearp = (iBearsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double vol = iVolume(Symbol(),0,0);
So, it is using the Bulls and Bears with period set to fixed period 13 as well as using the volume in calculation.

Any chances to have Bull and Bears (w/histogram) within only one indie?

I have a couple of basic things to teach wit this oldie.

Reason: