Raloveer:
mrtools ..

chart bars version ...

thank you ..

Raloveer, made the bars version.

t3vhf_adaptive_velocity_bars_mtf.mq4

thank you mrtools ...

mladen:
William Blau's stochastic momentum index (SMI) with the newest set of averages (+ double smoothing for all) that can be used instead of the default EMA : blau_-_smi_averages_2.ex4

Hello,

I have a question regarding this indicator's setings.

I order to calculate it takes the smi period 1, smi perido 2 and smi period 3, calculates the average of those three and projects it onto the screen?

Is that about right?

D.

krelian99:
Ah, ok. What to the holy grail, 134 MAs? Some of them should be really interesting. Poor Wulong and poor Mntiwana

It does not matter ....

I'm already very crazy by testing out all these jewels of indicators, I can't get more crazy than I am.

Price is like a rabbit you have to catch. Sometimes it jumps around like crazy, other times it hides behind a tree, waiting for another jump ...

Indicators are the trees, if you look behind one, you will have less luck to catch the price rabbit.

If you use 20 indicators, it's easier, ha ha, but your poor mind will get crazy.

The ability to control your degree of craziness, that's the 'Holy Grail' ...

Desatar:

Hello,

I have a question regarding this indicator's setings.

I order to calculate it takes the smi period 1, smi perido 2 and smi period 3, calculates the average of those three and projects it onto the screen?

Is that about right?

D.

D

You can find more information on it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173778

mladen:

Actually it is double smoothed adaptive SMA (the simplest SMA - and so far I think that it is the only adaptive SMA that I saw so far, but then, some others are in the same position - a lot of first time adaptive version will be seen in the new averages)

New averages are going to have all those too (there will be all in all,134 types of average - recursive moving trend line can not be made adaptive in a sensible way, but all the others are solved (as far as I checked so far, so instead of 136 types of averages, since 2 adaptive versions of recursive moving trend line are missing we are going to have only 134 types of averages)
talaate:
It could be adaptive average

That simply and generally was my expectation

PS

Am I right?!

mladen:

D

You can find more information on it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173778

Thx I will read up.

One more question. Would it be possible to limit that bars. So put in a bars to count or show bars to reduce the stress on the cpu. Not that it does but I find it pratical.

Thx again.

D.

Desatar:

Thx I will read up.

One more question. Would it be possible to limit that bars. So put in a bars to count or show bars to reduce the stress on the cpu. Not that it does but I find it pratical.

Thx again.

D.

D

It calculates 2 bars 99.99% of the time, so limiting the number of bars would not change too much - except that it would lessen the precision in some casses

mladen:

GADEY

Here you go : emad_1_3__alerts.ex4

Mladen, Could you add the display type onto this wonderful indicator + arrow code up/down + gap for arrow up as in averages MTF alerts 7_5?

Thanks in advance, Forexblasters.....

mladen:

D

It calculates 2 bars 99.99% of the time, so limiting the number of bars would not change too much - except that it would lessen the precision in some casses

Understood.

Thx.

D.

Reason: