Elite indicators :) - page 571

Dear Mladen or Mr Tools,

I have the following indicators obtained from the regular section of the forum. For some reason I noticed that the MTF version of the indicator does not seem to refresh as the price updates and it only refreshes when the next bar appears; I noticed this when I clicked on the MTF indicator settings as the price updates during the current bar and when I click ok to exit the settings menu, the indicator changes its condition. I don't think this is normal, as I believe it should update also before the next bar appears. Please kindly check the codes of the mtf or the normal indicator to see if this could be corrected, thank you!

Files:

Gramski:
Hi Mladen,

For some reason the MTF function on the mql4 histo version of this indicator doesn't work for me either. I was wondering if you could have a look at it? The other mql4 versions of this indicator work fine.

This version attaches ok until I try to change the timeframe.

Many thanks again,

Graham.

Graham

Try out this one. It is the version I am using on my PC (it needs build 482 of metatrader in order to work)

rayphua:
Dear Mladen or Mr Tools, I have the following indicators obtained from the regular section of the forum. For some reason I noticed that the MTF version of the indicator does not seem to refresh as the price updates and it only refreshes when the next bar appears; I noticed this when I clicked on the MTF indicator settings as the price updates during the current bar and when I click ok to exit the settings menu, the indicator changes its condition. I don't think this is normal, as I believe it should update also before the next bar appears. Please kindly check the codes of the mtf or the normal indicator to see if this could be corrected, thank you!

rayphua

Try out this version

Files:

mladen:
Graham Try out this one. It is the version I am using on my PC (it needs build 482 of metatrader in order to work)

Yes that works. All good now. Thankyou...

mladen:
rayphua Try out this version

Hi Mladen, version 25 do not seem to update as well unless the new bar appears or if I click on the indicator and exit as per my earlier explanation. Kindly look into it, thank you so much.

rayphua:
Hi Mladen, version 25 do not seem to update as well unless the new bar appears or if I click on the indicator and exit as per my earlier explanation. Kindly look into it, thank you so much.

Use this one instead of the one you posted originally. The old one was made to update only on a new bar open (did not pay attention to it - the main problem for not updating was in this one. The other is changed to avoid some other things). It is changed now. Did not change the name simply because then the second (25) version should have to be changed again. So you have to use both changed versions in order that it works

Files:

mladen:
Use this one instead of the one you posted originally. The old one was made to update only on a new bar open (did not pay attention to it - the main problem for not updating was in this one. The other is changed to avoid some other things). It is changed now. Did not change the name simply because then the second (25) version should have to be changed again. So you have to use both changed versions in order that it works

Mladen, it now works as it should. Thank you once again for the speedy work!

rayphua:
Mladen, it now works as it should. Thank you once again for the speedy work!

Glad that it is solved

mladen:
Glad that it is solved

Thanks Mladen. Was wondering if you could further make an adjustment; to remove the trigger plus and minus parameter as well as color settings and add a histogram on slope parameter and color settings instead? I'm not sure about the use of the trigger plus and minus so I don't see the point of having that, unless you feel that it should be there?

rayphua:
Thanks Mladen. Was wondering if you could further make an adjustment; to remove the trigger plus and minus parameter as well as color settings and add a histogram on slope parameter and color settings instead? I'm not sure about the use of the trigger plus and minus so I don't see the point of having that, unless you feel that it should be there?

rayphua,

I think that that version of AMA "gave its best". Better to use some newer AMA versions that are coded a bit less CPU intensive for start and then build based on that indicator. What I am interested in is what exactly do you use when you use that indicator. Is it the pure slope of the AMA (Perry Kaufman's AMA - adaptive moving average) that you are using or you seek for some mother information too?

Reason: