Elite indicators :) - page 337

Thanks ND

ND, many thanks for your time and explanations. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Some more fooling around ...

This is more or less finding out how does linear weighted moving average behaves in some cases. Linear weighted moving average calculates the average by assigning different weight to every element it is using in calculation but does it with simple liner weights : for example in lwma(10) first price (current) has the weight 10, previous 9, before that 8 , and so on ... Weights for it look something like this
This is a variation on it and the variation is that the weights can be changed to form a parabolic curve. It is done simply by using the Power parameter of this indicator. In case when Power is set to 2 the weights table looks something like this
Powers can be fractional, can be less than 1 (in which case weights are distributed differently - like this (a case with power set to 0.5)
_________________________________ To cut the story short, this indicator has 2 special cases : when power is 0, it iis a simple moving average (SMA), when it is 1 it is a linear weighted moving average (LWMA) and in between it is up to our imagination how do we call them. The bigger the power parameter, the more weight is set to current price (it is faster) the smaller the power parameter the slower the moving average. Here is a comparison of power 0.5 (pale violet red), power 1 (green) and power 2 (red)
Files:

Thank you Mladen...

mladen:
Some more fooling around ... This is more or less finding out how does linear weighted moving average behaves in some cases. Linear weighted moving average calculates the average by assigning different weight to every element it is using in calculation but does it with simple liner weights : for example in lwma(10) first price (current) has the weight 10, previous 9, before that 8 , and so on ... Weights for it look something like this
This is a variation on it and the variation is that the weights can be changed to form a parabolic curve. It is done simply by using the Power parameter of this indicator. In case when Power is set to 2 the weights table looks something like this
Powers can be fractional, can be less than 1 (in which case weights are distributed differently - like this (a case with power set to 0.5)
_________________________________ To cut the story short, this indicator has 2 special cases : when power is 0, it iis a simple moving average (SMA), when it is 1 it is a linear weighted moving average (LWMA) and in between it is up to our imagination how do we call them. The bigger the power parameter, the more weight is set to current price (it is faster) the smaller the power parameter the slower the moving average. Here is a comparison of power 0.5 (pale violet red), power 1 (green) and power 2 (red)

=========================================

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for your continued educational insight and teaching of what seems to be "hidden" to souls like me. Your and ND's quest to help everyone understand the "wonder of order", is to be commended.

Best wishes.

It is some more little explanation about this kind trading style (re-enter).

It is classical way of trend following trading (1 trade per chart/pair in trend following way):

It is classical way of trend following trading with re-enter:

It is classical way of trading with scalping re-enter:

Re-enter is the term and I did not invent it. As I remember - it was many years ago (before metatrader 4 was created), and this trading style was hard coded by indicators for some trading platform with exact this word - 're-enter' (classical way of trend following trading with re-enter - the image #2). Means: we are having the main trade/order, and we are "playing" inside this trade/direction by openning/re-entering. It was implemented in asctrend systems and for trading with Ichimoku indicator too.

Scalping in this way is the same re-enter but without the main trade/order.

There is counter trend style as well but it is something similar: there is main trade/order (or without it if in pure scalping way), and re-enter is made in counter trend way (in opposite direction to the main trend/trade).

Difference between classical styles and pure scalping is the following:

- in classical way with re-enter - the main trade/order should be opened;

- in pure scalping way/style - we are trading without openning the main trade/order just making re-enters (in trend following way, or in counter trend way) taking onto consideration this main trend.

Just for information about how I traded for example (incl trades in public asctrend thread as well).

mladen,

Could you add an option of draw arrows on the main chart to trend scalp indicator?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
altoronto

Since I posted this https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page148#comment_545444 a couple of days ago, it made it all easy

Trend scalp indicator is in fact a variation of TTF indicator (originally both were made by Nick Bilack) and since the T3 repainting that would have happen if un-commented in the original trend scalp indicator, is solved in it, here is a variation of TTF that does the calculation the "trend scalp" way and has alerts - so it is now officially a trend scalp indicator

First here is a comparison of TTF (lower) and trend scalp (upper)
And also a comparison of the original with this new one with smoothing already applied - it seems that smoothing helped in some cases when false signals were avoided, and the added lag is minimal (especially when we have in mind that this T3 can have fractional smoothing periods - which makes it rather unique in the world of T3 as far as I know, so it can be fine tuned for needs of everybody)
PS: as usual, if you set the smoothing period (t3Period) to <= 1, there will be no smoothing, and in that case you will get the raw trend scalp values

regards

Mladen

jim

Here you go You can choose precisely which arrows you want to see (zero line cross, levels break and/or levels retrace) Default setting is levels break simply because it seems to give what the name of the indicator is gusseting : entry points for scalping in direction of the trend. You might test other settings for arrows if you are doing different type of trading and different basic settings (time frames, etc ... I think that every strategy is covered with added options for arrows). Here is an example with default settings when arrows are turned on
regards

Mladen

94315jim:
mladen,

Could you add an option of draw arrows on the main chart to trend scalp indicator?

thanks,

jim

hello again everyone. i was wondering if i could get an email alert for this indicator that alerts once per candle when price breaks through one pip above or one pip below the dots? couldn't find one like it.

Non Repainting Triangular MA

Hi mladen,

Someone pointed me to using TMA. But it repaints badly. Is there a non repainting version ?

Thanks a lot

tradepar

tradepar

I gues you are referring to the centered TMA. Centered TMA is (as its name is saying) a centered moving average. Centered moving averages (none of the centered moving averages) can not be made a "non-repainting" since they have to extrapolate the part of data they are missing on the right side and there is no "non-recalculating" extrapolation method known so far.

TMA itself (triangular moving average) on the other hand does not repaint nor does it recalculate, and is part of the averages indicator (this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general - choose method 5 for TMA)

regards

Mladen

tradepar:
Hi mladen,

Someone pointed me to using TMA. But it repaints badly. Is there a non repainting version ?

Thanks a lot

tradepar

Yes mladen. You are right.

Thank you for a prompt response.

tradepar

Reason: