Elite indicators :) - page 212

Many, many thanks...

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go. But you will find out that it is not that indicator. There were a couple of reasons that required a new indicator instead of adapting the one you posted. The only significant difference in colors is that yellow color in the one I am posting is drawn when wpr and ma cross (that is the closest reconstruction to the one you posted without repeating the coding error too) while in the one you posted it was more or less a result of an accident. The rest is the same (even the modification of wpr making it a positive value (which in fact makes it a stochastic without slowing smoothing)

PS: in this one lower time frame is not allowed

regards

Mladen

=====================

Good morning Mladen.

Thank you ever so much again for this corrected indicator, but also for pointing out that it becomes "a Stochastic" - great lesson always and much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hi Mladen,

Can you please fix this indicator? It does not show on charts. When I try to compile I get these two error messages

1;41;C:\Program Files (x86)\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\fibocalc_V31.mq4;1:1;'' - expression on global scope not allowed

2;75;C:\Program Files (x86)\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\fibocalc_V31.mq4;1:1;'' - variable not defined

Thank you.

Files:

profitrader21

Here you go
regards

Mladen

profitrader21:
Hi Mladen,

Can you please fix this indicator? It does not show on charts. When I try to compile I get these two error messages

1;41;C:\Program Files (x86)\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\fibocalc_V31.mq4;1:1;'' - expression on global scope not allowed

2;75;C:\Program Files (x86)\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\fibocalc_V31.mq4;1:1;'' - variable not defined

Thank you.
Files:

Hi mladen

The indicator has an array structure....and I'd like to change it. Currently is has H4, D1, W1 and MN pivots and mid pivots. Clearly the array structure should be able to be modified to do the following:

Weekly - pivot and nine levels up and down

Monthly - pivot and nine levels up and down

Yearly - pivot and nine levels up and down (this would be based on user input of High, Low and Close information as MT4 does not have yearly data)

I've had a go at this...and a few other folks have...no luck.

Ben

May I ....

Mladen, may I ask if you would look at the TrendEnvelopes indicator for me, please? (not attached) I have both Version 5 and 6, but I prefer version 5 and would like to see the changes made in it, if you have time.

My problem is that I have to make a host of indicators in order to have "drivers" for the MTF function and with your expertise, I am sure there is no need for it.

However, I don't want to load you with stuff that you feel does not belong here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ben

Try this one. It is a different one but it has yearly pivots (or fibos - depends what you choose) too, In the TimeFrameparameter enter Yfor a yearly indicator . Also, you can set it to alert when some of the values is crossed (pivots or fibos) and adjustable number of periods to display. It displays 3 levels up or down, not 9, but this one is much easier to work on further and add eventual additional levels since the yearly data and the rest of the basic calculations are solved)
regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Hi mladen

The indicator has an array structure....and I'd like to change it. Currently is has H4, D1, W1 and MN pivots and mid pivots. Clearly the array structure should be able to be modified to do the following:

Weekly - pivot and nine levels up and down

Monthly - pivot and nine levels up and down

Yearly - pivot and nine levels up and down (this would be based on user input of High, Low and Close information as MT4 does not have yearly data)

I've had a go at this...and a few other folks have...no luck.

Ben
Files:
pivots.gif  20 kb
pivots.mq4  15 kb

Comparative Quantiles Analysis

Mladen,

Do you know this Quantiles Analysis or have you read the book: Long/Short Market Dynamics Trading Strategies for Today's Markets : Long/Short Market Dynamics: Trading Strategies for Today's Markets Wiley Trading: Amazon.co.uk: Clive M. Corcoran: Books

I have found two different discussions on the net : one with Amibrker formula : Comparative Quantiles Analysis - Aussie Stock Forums the other one is here: A Quantile Approach to Money Flow By Clive Corcoran - Traders Log

The idea looks similar to nonlag ATR indicator to me.Thanks.

Hi mladen,

The previous pivot indicator you provided is working like a charm....I'm using if for breakouts...here is my basic trading setup....price action and looking for the breakout trade for intraday stuff.

I have modified it to do help assess big picture....here is what that looks like...9 levels for each of weekly, monthly and yearly....and it takes 9 instances of the indicator to do what I need.

For the bigger picture, I like all lines to be the full width of the screen and where levels line up with prior price action, those are the ones I pay attention to. As it stands now, it's cumbersome with 9 indicators, but does exactly what I need. The problem is portability to other pairs....not easily without manual entry of high, low and close...ug.

So if that pivot indicator you posted can work for this....with the alerts you mention, that would be great.

Thanks

Ben

mladen:
Ben Try this one. It is a different one but it has yearly pivots (or fibos - depends what you choose) too, In the TimeFrameparameter enter Yfor a yearly indicator . Also, you can set it to alert when some of the values is crossed (pivots or fibos) and adjustable number of periods to display. It displays 3 levels up or down, not 9, but this one is much easier to work on further and add eventual additional levels since the yearly data and the rest of the basic calculations are solved)
regards Mladen
Files:
breakout.png  34 kb
big_pic.png  44 kb

Modified pivots indicator

bkennedype:
Hi mladen,

The previous pivot indicator you provided is working like a charm....I'm using if for breakouts...here is my basic trading setup....price action and looking for the breakout trade for intraday stuff.

I have modified it to do help assess big picture....here is what that looks like...9 levels for each of weekly, monthly and yearly....and it takes 9 instances of the indicator to do what I need.

For the bigger picture, I like all lines to be the full width of the screen and where levels line up with prior price action, those are the ones I pay attention to. As it stands now, it's cumbersome with 9 indicators, but does exactly what I need. The problem is portability to other pairs....not easily without manual entry of high, low and close...ug.

So if that pivot indicator you posted can work for this....with the alerts you mention, that would be great.

Thanks

Ben

Hi,

Can you please post the modified version of the indicator you created bkennedype? I use pivots a lot as well. Thank you.

Regards,

Alex

triangular Ma centered bands_ray alerts

Hi mladen,

I tried to call the center MA of the indicator above mentionned in an EA, this way : iCustom(NULL,0,"TriangularMA_adr_centered bands_ray alerts",15,0,0,45,0.2,"White",1,1,1,"Red",1,2,1,"LimeGreen",1,3,1,false,false,true,true,false,false,0,0);

and this way :

iCustom(NULL,0,"TriangularMA_adr_centered bands_ray alerts",0,2);,

but had no success. On the test, it doesn't get the triangular Ma centered bands..... can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,

regards

Reason: