Elite indicators :) - page 216

Additional inputs

Hi mladen

Could you please add the following options/modifications to your NonLagMA histo:

1) input the currency pair to be studied or leave blank and use the current pair;

2) the option of inverting the direction of the indicator (for inverse analysis);

3) label the indicator with the currency pair, period length, and, if possible, whether the inverted option is 'on'.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

-spotforex

mladen:
Mike Here you go
regards Mladen
Files:

Programming question

Hi Mladen ,

I am in the process to program a strategy into an EA and when testing it I experience a situation that I would like to avoid.

The strategy is based on your TriangularMA centered abands (halflength 56, banddeviations 2) and your One more average (lenght 200).

When price crosses the lower TMA band in the up direction and the OMA is not above the upper TMA band then it is a buy signal.

Vice versa when price cosses the upper TMA band in the down direction and the OMA is not below the lower TMA band then it is a sell signal.

For buys stoploss is set when OMA goes above upper TMA band and for sells stoploss is set when OMA goes below the lower TMA.

Sometimes it happens that an entry condition is met and then within the same bar the stoploss is triggered, then an entry condition is met again and stoploss triggered again and it goes on and on within the same bar.

I would like to avoid that. If a trade has been closed by stoploss condition then the EA should wait till the next bar to start trading again.

I am thinking to solve that with a bool variable that is set to false after trade close.

But i have no idea how I could tell the EA to wait till the next bar to make the bool variable true again.

Thanks,

Greg

spotforex

Here you go It does all the things you needed (here is for example a 30 minute inverted USDCHF (upper) and a normal EURUSD one on a EURUSD chart - interesting correlations - not quite 100% but almost )
PS: symbol name must be entered exactly as the name is on your broker (upper and lower case honored) I could convert it to upper case, but then in cases when a broker uses "m" (a low case m) or similar in symbols names, it would cause an error so it is up to user to enter the symbol name precisely as it should (for metarader "eurusd" is not the same as "EURUSD")

PPS: empty ForSymbolparameter means current symbol

regards

Mladen

spotforex:
Hi mladen

Could you please add the following options/modifications to your NonLagMA histo:

1) input the currency pair to be studied or leave blank and use the current pair;

2) the option of inverting the direction of the indicator (for inverse analysis);

3) label the indicator with the currency pair, period length, and, if possible, whether the inverted option is 'on'.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

-spotforex

This one is made according to description from an Norm North article "The Insync Index"

By its nature, it is a "consensus" indicator (the term North is using). It means that the state of the indicator is constructed from other indicators states. This indicator, for example, is using 10 other indicators to reach a "consensus" and then indicate a state. Indicators used in this one are :
Bollinger bads (oscillator)

MACD

CCI

RSI

Fast Sotchastic K

Fast stochastic D

Rate of change

Detrended price oscillator

Ease of move

Money flow index

There is only one parameter that needs extra explanation : the UseVolumeBasedIndicatorsparameter. If you set it to false, then the last 2 indicators (Ease of move and Money flow index) are not going to be used in calculations and levels are automatically going to be smaller by 10. Even though they use volume, knowing that trading platforms like tradestation when doing intra day calculations use ticks instead of volume makes those in fact the same as the one calculated here with metatrader 4 volumes, so there is no difference in those either, and it should be rather safe to use the (safe as an indicator usage can be safe, of course )
Attaching the original Norm North article too, with his explanations and ideas

PS: it seems that this indicator needs longer time frames to work OK. The upper example is a 1 hour chart and it seems to work rather well on a 1 hour charts (it is a quick, visual inspecting conclusion, so please try your own time frames for symbols you are using, but sometimes it is giving surprisingly good signals bearing in mind that 10 indicators need to "reach a consensus") If one uses it as a peak finding indicator, it sometimes gives surprisingly good results knowing that it does not repaint

insync index

Can arrows be added to chart when a buy/sell signal accours?

It would be most appreciated!

In general, it would be great if indcators that are published would include arrows on chart. It is a great way to avaluate their effectiveness and find their best settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dada.

Volatility Index...

mladen:
This one is made according to description from an Norm North article "The Insync Index"

By its nature, it is a "consensus" indicator (the term North is using). It means that the state of the indicator is constructed from other indicators states. This indicator, for example, is using 10 other indicators to reach a "consensus" and then indicate a state. Indicators used in this one are :
Bollinger bads (oscillator)

MACD

CCI

RSI

Fast Sotchastic K

Fast stochastic D

Rate of change

Detrended price oscillator

Ease of move

Money flow index

There is only one parameter that needs extra explanation : the UseVolumeBasedIndicatorsparameter. If you set it to false, then the last 2 indicators (Ease of move and Money flow index) are not going to be used in calculations and levels are automatically going to be smaller by 10. Even though they use volume, knowing that trading platforms like tradestation when doing intra day calculations use ticks instead of volume makes those in fact the same as the one calculated here with metatrader 4 volumes, so there is no difference in those either, and it should be rather safe to use the (safe as an indicator usage can be safe, of course )
Attaching the original Norm North article too, with his explanations and ideas PS: it seems that this indicator needs longer time frames to work OK. The upper example is a 1 hour chart and it seems to work rather well on a 1 hour charts (it is a quick, visual inspecting conclusion, so please try your own time frames for symbols you are using, but sometimes it is giving surprisingly good signals bearing in mind that 10 indicators need to "reach a consensus") If one uses it as a peak finding indicator, it sometimes gives surprisingly good results knowing that it does not repaint

==============

Mladen, what would happen if you replace the last two (Ease of Move & Money flow index) with VolatilityBands? Or is it by nature an incorrect indicator to replace them with? I will look at this indicator tonight and see how it performs by tomorrow morning and finally Saturday morning to confirm its effectiveness when measured against VolatilityBands and #DTosc on H1.

Thank you for replying.

Dada

Here you go

Also, in my opinion, order should not be entered till the insync value does not cross 0 value. Here is an example and as you can see false entries are avoided due to lack of zero line cross signal confirmations.
Even more drastically, see this example of a 4 hour EURUSD chart that would kill you if zero line crosses are not taken into consideration (it is actually an interesting chart (the 4 hour EURUSD) because it would make a huge gain (a buy signal is more to the left) with zero line crosses and without those it would kill your account)
Of course, these are just my observations. I am opened for suggestions (already got a couple and will code them too so that we can see what comes out of those, since it does seems that this indicator, when taking zero line crosses into account, it is not a holly grail, but it is not bad at all)

regards

Mladen

dada45:
Can arrows be added to chart when a buy/sell signal accours?

It would be most appreciated!

In general, it would be great if indcators that are published would include arrows on chart. It is a great way to avaluate their effectiveness and find their best settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dada.

insync

Thanks very much Mladen!

Your notes are truly corect. Can a filter be added to the indicator so arrows will uppear only when Zero is crossed?

Dada.

non lag cci stoch

Changed Mladen's Stochastic RSI to Stoch non lag cci and made on chart version also.For on chart version to work you'll need Stochastic nonlag Cci in indicators folder! Also the Stoch Ma's you have the 8 ma's from Mladens ma test indicator on the picture using ma=5 the sine wave ma.

Much thanks for the modifications Mladen

I've noticed that when I plot seven cross pairs for a particular currency my computer becomes a little sluggish. May I request an additional modification to the indicator?... An optional parameter where one can specify the maximum number of indicator bars to display.

Again, I appreciate your time and effort.

-spotforex

mladen:
spotforex

Here you go

It does all the things you needed (here is for example a 30 minute inverted USDCHF (upper) and a normal EURUSD one on a EURUSD chart - interesting correlations - not quite 100% but almost )
PS: symbol name must be entered exactly as the name is on your broker (upper and lower case honored) I could convert it to upper case, but then in cases when a broker uses "m" (a low case m) or similar in symbols names, it would cause an error so it is up to user to enter the symbol name precisely as it should (for metarader "eurusd" is not the same as "EURUSD")

PPS: empty ForSymbolparameter means current symbol

regards

Mladen
Reason: